Anyone have experience with these heels?

Peeptoe

Do any of you guys have any experience with these Sam Edelman heels? I'm in love with the style but I'm terrified that skinny heel will not hold my 200lb frame. I've had similar platform heels(but much cheaper) that feel like the heel will break with every step. And the cost of these makes my anxiety about it surge. But they're so beautiful lol...

Thanks in advance for your help.  🙂

Screenshot_20220921_210215.jpg

Screenshot_20220921_210125.jpg

I can't really help you out directly for a couple of reasons: First, I am 2/3 of your weight, and second, the two pairs of Sam Edelman shoes I own are both clogs. Very high clogs, to be sure, but not dainty stilettos. The clogs, by the way, are very sturdy, and could probably withstand twice the force I put on them without flinching. What I can tell you for sure is this: The thickness of a heel does not necessarily indicate its sturdiness. I have a number of pairs of very thin stiletto heels which are rock solid and do not visibly move when I walk. On the other hand, I've got some block heels that absolutely do move, and give you that sense of dread that something is eventually going to give.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:11 AM, mlroseplant said:

I can't really help you out directly for a couple of reasons: First, I am 2/3 of your weight, and second, the two pairs of Sam Edelman shoes I own are both clogs. Very high clogs, to be sure, but not dainty stilettos. The clogs, by the way, are very sturdy, and could probably withstand twice the force I put on them without flinching. What I can tell you for sure is this: The thickness of a heel does not necessarily indicate its sturdiness. I have a number of pairs of very thin stiletto heels which are rock solid and do not visibly move when I walk. On the other hand, I've got some block heels that absolutely do move, and give you that sense of dread that something is eventually going to give.

I have a pair of Hazel pumps which are very solid. So I may take a chance solely from brand reputation.  But you are correct, the only way to know for sure is to try them on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peeptoe said:

I have a pair of Hazel pumps which are very solid. So I may take a chance solely from brand reputation.  But you are correct, the only way to know for sure is to try them on. 

If you are familiar with the brand, I think you are good to go. It's not a 100% indicator, but in my experience it is highly indicative. This works both ways, both good and bad. Bad experiences I've had are with Michael Kors and Vera Wang. Neither of these brands seems to be very sturdily built. Old Nine West is good, new Nine West is hit and miss. I could go on.

Like I said before, the two pair of Sam Edelman I do have, you could probably use as jackstands for your car, but they are chunky-ish clogs. As far as I know, it's a decent brand.

• Like 2