learn to walk in heels

peterborough

I’ve seen some but I never followed up on any. They do exist though

I just Googled this - there’s quite a few classes, mainly run by professional dancers. How welcome a guy would be to any of these classes is anyones guess. Probably not very. 

Edited by Shyheels

I think Korean Airlines had a class for their flight attendants.

However, if you send me enough money I'll create one. 🤩

In the meantime start strengthening your ankles and balance with standing on your toes for a minute. Then on one leg. Then walk around on your toes.

It all depends on what you're going for. There's lots and lots of bad advice out there on Youtube, with a sprinkling of good advice. I think it would be very disappointing to pay money for a class, only to find out that they are emphasizing modeling, which uses a sort of walk you would never use on the street. To answer the actual question, yes, they do exist, but whether they'd actually do you any good, that's another question.

34 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

It all depends on what you're going for. There's lots and lots of bad advice out there on Youtube, with a sprinkling of good advice. I think it would be very disappointing to pay money for a class, only to find out that they are emphasizing modeling, which uses a sort of walk you would never use on the street. To answer the actual question, yes, they do exist, but whether they'd actually do you any good, that's another question.

Thanks for the advice.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, Shyheels said:

I’ve seen some but I never followed up on any. They do exist though

I just Googled this - there’s quite a few classes, mainly run by professional dancers. How welcome a guy would be to any of these classes is anyones guess. Probably not very. 

I  once tried contacting one club or group that offers classes regarding this to ask if guys can do the course too, never got a reply. But not too bothered since I don't think I would have fitted in anyway. 1 on 1 classes might be better for guys, and maybe group classes  at a later stage

22 hours ago, peterborough said:

I have watched youtube etc, just thought it would be fun if there was a class.

I found another one in London who offers 1 on 1 classes as well at okay prices, still considering but that is  my first option If I decided to do classes. Dance classes or something a bit more challenging than just walking will be better I think if your open minded about them, maybe as temporary/medium term thing  just to gain confidence in being mobile in heels but outdoor outings will still be necessary anyway and maybe some physical exercises.

Honestly not sure why anyone would need classes, unless your doing modeling. They don't walk like humans anyway.

Heel to toe, heel to toe. If you can't straighten your during the step, lower your heel height. I've been walking in heels for 40 yrs now. People often say I do it well. I always just say I've been doing it for a long time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Honestly not sure why anyone would need classes, unless your doing modeling. They don't walk like humans anyway.

Heel to toe, heel to toe. If you can't straighten your during the step, lower your heel height. I've been walking in heels for 40 yrs now. People often say I do it well. I always just say I've been doing it for a long time.

Far too many including women, never take the time to learn to walk well with straight heels.

My experience was just put the heels on and get out there walking around.  For me the learning curve was pretty fast.  But ALWAYS, ALWAYS hold the handrail when on a stairway!!  Hint, hint...  

Have fun, sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"