How often do you where heels

peterborough

How often do you wear heels in public? [daily] [weekly] [when ever I can]

when ever I go out I’m almost always in heels. Mainly in a 3” chunky heel boots.

I do still wear heels at home and when I want to wear my stilettos I find that I really get into the heels more then when i were my chunky heels and find myself finding reasons to go out for a walk.

• Like 1

As much as possible and depending on the current activity I have planned.  Example, I don't go running or climbing ladders in high heels !!  Have fun...  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wear nothing below 11cm, preferably between 12 and 14cm, only at home. Sadly I have not worn much lately. I had sprained my ankle and anything requiring ankle flexibility hurt too much for me to wear any heels. Took me months to get healed and now I'm kinda out of the habit. The hot weather didn't help either. Then again I often have bouts where I rarely wear heels for a while. In the end it will come back. It always does.

Hi to you all!

I tend to mostly wear thigh boots or chap boots when I work at home and knee boots when I’m driving….knee boots with a 3” heel. 
My thigh and chap boots have 4” heels.

Here is a picture of my comfy Fernando Berlin thigh boots  

13FC47A8-E513-4C74-A458-322F8CA0A080.thumb.jpeg.d51cf49c2e85fe701323986e889c2eba.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, highbootsluv said:

Thankyou Shyheels….I also have some Fernando Berlin knee boots as well…just uploaded a photo to my album. Do you like the style?

Yes, very nice. Fernando Berlin are supposed to be very nice boots too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the better half hates my boots, so rarely do I get to enjoy them while at home.  But, once away on a trip, the boots come on as soon as I get to the hotel, and don't come off until it is time to head back to the airport.  Sometimes, I enjoy driving to and from work in my boots as well.  So, I guess my answer is:  "whnever I can"

• Like 1

I wear heels often enough that some of them end up looking like this:

BonnyWornSole.thumb.jpg.7fd41d541be8e2237b46d4619fe5cccd.jpg

I actually rebuilt my deck because of this problem:

HeelFriendlyDeck.thumb.JPG.95d4e2af0c54f7f0ecd9c2aa7e9a7412.JPG

Seriously, folks, I do wear heels every day, with rare exceptions, but I do not wear them all day every day, as my work prevents me from doing so. If I'm going out of the house, I will have on some type of heel, again with rare exceptions. I no longer do yard work, home improvement, or automotive work in heels. I don't wear crazy heels around the house, favoring mid heels instead. I do wear heels (sometimes crazy ones) to the grocery store, any type of shopping, eating out, visiting friends, and twice a week to church.

• Like 6

Heelers :  I thought we covered this subject some time ago. Alas, I no longer have anyone to restrict my interest in wearing high stiletto heels. I put on my standard 5" high heel, boots or pumps in the morning and take them off at bedtime. May change heels when I go to the store-theater-doctor's office etc. but that is it.  Keep your heels and standerds high. MikeIMG_0059.thumb.JPG.4c95d3523943104fc0f34a8d2ac3e434.JPG

4 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Heelers :  I thought we covered this subject some time ago. Alas, I no longer have anyone to restrict my interest in wearing high stiletto heels. I put on my standard 5" high heel, boots or pumps in the morning and take them off at bedtime. May change heels when I go to the store-theater-doctor's office etc. but that is it.  Keep your heels and standerds high. Mike

Yeah, this has come up several times over the years in fact, but people come and go, lots of new faces here these days.  :)   

For me, pretty much in the same place I was about 15 years ago, I mostly wear 3-4" chunky/wedge boots daily. I stick to shoes that are not flashy, androgynous style, and quiet (eg. rubber sole), basically trying to not draw too much attention to myself.  There are occasions that I wear higher (4.5-5") stiletto type heels, and would love to wear them full time, but I never got to that level of comfort in public.  I guess it amounts to this:  I don't mind the occasional glance from others that I currently get, but I don't want to feel like EVERYONE is looking at me, phones recording me, etc :)

Edited by hhboots
  • Like 1

I’ve found that 3-4 inch chunky heels are just right - my natural style. I own a pair of stilettos and they are fun to wear now and then, but they don’t feel like “me”. I like wearing what feels like a natural extension of my style. I don’t “aspire” to higher heels but am happy to have found my niche as it were.

• Like 2

Yes, we've obviously written about this on several past occasions, but you can't always talk about everything new, all the time. There is really only so much material to be covered when it comes to wearing shoes. I mean, let's face it, it is not an infinitely deep and broad subject. We get way more mileage out of it than we have any right to. Besides, if a new member dredged up a topic buried on page 47, there would be people unhappy with that, too.

• Like 2

People change. They grow. Look at @pebblesf, now he's out there in boots OVER his jeans. Look at @Shyheels now he is in 3-4 inch heels. They need to express this change in these older threads. Even @mlroseplant has stopped working on his car in heels.

And then there are people like me who almost always are in heels, but I have added boots and skinny jeans to my mix.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cali said:

People change. They grow. Look at @pebblesf, now he's out there in boots OVER his jeans. Look at @Shyheels now he is in 3-4 inch heels. They need to express this change in these older threads. Even @mlroseplant has stopped working on his car in heels.

And then there are people like me who almost always are in heels, but I have added boots and skinny jeans to my mix.

AND I wore something other then a skirt or dress!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes we do.  But it didn't last long, was out for the day dressed up, will post that later 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CAT said:

AND I wore something other then a skirt or dress!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes we do.  But it didn't last long, was out for the day dressed up, will post that later 

And the world didn't stop spinning?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Im not quite sure what is meant here. I have not "changed" but having - some years ago now - decided to allow myself to buy and wear knee and OTK boots simply learned through experience the styles of boots that I like and that suit me. I have pairs of knee and OTK boots with low or standard heels that I like as much as my chunky-heeled boots - its a matter of general styling. I have gone, over a period of years, zero practical experience of wearing tall boots to knowing what I like. It's not change but, rather, discovery. Opening a door, and then some trial end error, and establishing my personal style

I do not aspire to wear higher and higher heels. For me wearing heels is not a contest or challenge, but purely a style choice. I wear my tall boots outside of my skinny jeans and like that look.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 5

The question is about older threads, or threads that are revived. The idea I proposed here is that circumstance change, what we worn years ago might have changed.  I would have never worn boots on the outside of my pants years ago. Today I hardly wear my boots on the inside of my pants.  For most, our 'style' evolves over time.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Im not quite sure what is meant here. I have not "changed" but having - some years ago now - decided to allow myself to buy and wear knee and OTK boots simply learned through experience the styles of boots that I like and that suit me. I have pairs of knee and OTK boots with low or standard heels that I like as much as my chunky-heeled boots - its a matter of general styling. I have gone, over a period of years, zero practical experience of wearing tall boots to knowing what I like. It's not change but, rather, discovery. Opening a door, and then some trial end error, and establishing my personal style

I do not aspire to wear higher and higher heels. For me wearing heels is not a contest or challenge, but purely a style choice. I wear my tall boots outside of my skinny jeans and like that look.

15 hours ago, Cali said:

The question is about older threads, or threads that are revived. The idea I proposed here is that circumstance change, what we worn years ago might have changed.  I would have never worn boots on the outside of my pants years ago. Today I hardly wear my boots on the inside of my pants.  For most, our 'style' evolves over time.

It is a good point that people do change over time, so perhaps it is good to revisit certain topics, and as a bonus there will be new members who can also share their experiences.

My original point, since I am a ray of sunshine, was and is that it doesn't matter what you do--somebody will complain about it. If Jesus Christ himself suddenly appeared at our Sunday church service, I'm sure somebody would complain that he was messing up the Order of Worship.

• Like 1