When Leaving The House

VirginHeels

When you leave the house, do you:

- Leave it, fully heeled. The outfit is chosen and the heels are on full display to your neighbours and anyone else passing, or under your jeans/trousers ready to go to the car or transport of your choosing to get you to where you need to be?

- Heels in hand. Heels in a backpack or in your hands, with respect to going to the car or your transport method?

- Heels at place. Your heels are waiting for you where you want to go, like an office. Ready for you to wear them there.

- Or another way, not mentioned?

What way do you leave the house???

Thanks.

To be fair, I don’t wear anything really eye catching, just knee boots with what would be modest heels compared with those worn by other members of this forum, but I wear them as naturally as I would running shoes or hiking boots - they are things to wear, not a costume, and so yes, I just wear them as I would anything else.

I guess I have three distinct ways of leaving the house: If I'm going to work, I'll be in my construction garb. If I'm working at home on a physical project (automotive, yardwork, etc.), it's basically the same minus the helmet and high viz stuff, and probably ratty tennis shoes instead of work boots. At all other times, it's some sort of heel 99% of the time. This is true for casual or dressy occasions, true for going to the grocery store or going to a fancy dinner. I never carry "backup" shoes (with one important exception), I never keep shoes in the car, or store them anyplace else but my house. I've had enough shoe failures over the years that I probably should keep a backup pair in the car. I do keep snow boots in there during the winter.

I'm typically similar to Melrose. I'll wear heels to work and occasionally into work but if doing yard work or other projects around the house sneakers. Everyone in my area know I'm in heels so no reason to disappoint as I believe most are curious as what high heel I'll be wearing. 

• Like 1

I almost always leave my house and drive off in heels. I park my car in my attached garage (novel idea now-a-days). But sometimes its outside the garage when I come and on. And I will check my street mail box in heel most of the time.

It depends on what I am doing. If I am working around my house I will have running shoes. I have too many gophers to wear heels. Also if I am working with heavy or large object such as a kayak, I will also wear running shoes.

I sometimes carry a back-up pair of heels with me, sometime running shoes if I am going hiking..

However, bottom line, my neighbors know I wear heels. I will converse with them in heels, many times with open toes that also shows my pedicure.

• Like 2

I don’t have a garage. Let alone one attached.

Reason I’m asking, is I’m planning my second outing later this week. Going to sign the Book of Condolence for The Queen. Last time I had my heels in a bag, this time I want to push my comfort and safety margin a fair bit. I want to go without a backup pair in my car. No where to hide sort of thing.

Thankfully I’ve changed car recently and have a Automatic now, so no clutch pedal so driving in heels could be easier.

• Like 1

Not going through to Edinburgh, the line is already 6 hours long for seeing The Queen. I’m going into Glasgow, the wait is about 20-30 minutes, plus we don’t have Cobbles. Our roads are relatively flat, barring the odd pot hole every 100yards. Our city chambers have lovely marble floors and stairs, so hopefully will hear a click.

I have done this in all sorts of ways.  Depends on what is on the schedule.  If I am am just going out I throw on an out fit and heels and walk out the door and get in the truck on the driveway, as the truck does not fit in the garage!.   I am sure neighbors have seen me but no one has said anything over the last several years.  I don't think its a big deal!

4 hours ago, CAT said:

I have done this in all sorts of ways.  Depends on what is on the schedule.  If I am am just going out I throw on an out fit and heels and walk out the door and get in the truck on the driveway, as the truck does not fit in the garage!.   I am sure neighbors have seen me but no one has said anything over the last several years.  I don't think its a big deal!

When you don't think it is a big deal and you don't act like it is either, it gives people around you the concept that it's no big deal.

• Like 1

Depends on what I am about to do. If I'm headed to do some shopping somewhere then yes I'll leave in heels. I may have a handbag with me and I have said before I may have a backup pair of heels in that bag. It does depend on the function. If it's an outdoor wedding then you better pack some extra footwear. Otherwise I'll keep a a pair under my driver's seat in the vehicle that I drive and nobody else does. If I'm buying project stuff at Menards then no heels at all. HinH

• Like 1

Well… Parked the car, got changed into my heels. Walked down the stairs, the sound was glorious, but… went over on my ankle. Changed back into my trainers.

Think I’m going to have to look to see if I can get some 3 inch heels. Get used to them before I go back to 4 inch heels.

NOW PICS ADDED

CD179EEB-457A-4CF1-8270-E38A2FD2421C.jpeg

7EF8B482-4116-4CB5-90A5-05BA32098755.jpeg

Edited by VirginHeels
Pics Added.
  • Like 1

When I'm going out with my mum I usually just wear them and leave my regular shoes at home since I'm sitting down. If I want to go for a stroll through an area I will have a pair of flat boots on with either my stilettos, sultry or platform boots in a bag.

I few times I have left wearing heels. I normally don't go out, but once in a while my wife and I just got for a drive and we get dressed up a bit and I wear spike heel boots of pumps. We have a detached garage and the neighbors house is right next to our driveway so no missing me walking out if they happen to be looking. If they have noticed, nothing has been said as we do visit with them a few times a month so it is not like the chance never comes up.

• Like 1