The Many Shades of Nude

mlroseplant

I don't know when fashion people started calling this basic shade "nude," but they have for quite some time. I suppose "beige" is too boring. I personally blame the people of Irvine, California for the fact that beige is boring. I know about 3 people will laugh at that joke, but I told it anyway.

At any rate I have acquired quite a few beige shoes, and all of them within the last two years. I never wore this color, or more correctly, color range before, and now I wear it probably more than any other. I could have included two more pairs of shoes in these photos, but one of them is quite clearly taupe, which to my mind is much grayer in color range, and the other is cork, which is the right color range, but the wrong texture.

I have 7 pairs of nude shoes, and none of them are the same shade, which I found very interesting, so I decided to drag them all outside at once to get a photo which might actually capture something close to accurate color. They are all patent leather, except for one, they are all high heeled, except for one, and of the high heels, they are all stilettos, except for one.

Do you all like beige or nude colored shoes?

NudesFront.jpg

NudesBack.jpg

• Like 2

The pointy toed Steve Maddens are actually like walking in slippers. I only wish they weren't suffering from material degradation on the inside. I'm still looking for a replacement pair. The Jimmy Choos suck big time. This is my second pair of Jimmy Choos, and I will never buy another pair again, no matter how much I am attracted to them visually. Thank you, Jimmy, AND the horse you came in on.

I have those same Steve Madden pumps and speaking of the many shades nude, they appear to be essentially pink rather than nude, but I still really like them.  They are surprisingly very comfortable and easy to walk in, I agree.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hhboots said:

I have those same Steve Madden pumps and speaking of the many shades nude, they appear to be essentially pink rather than nude, but I still really like them.  They are surprisingly very comfortable and easy to walk in, I agree.

15 hours ago, bambam said:

Yeah, my Steve Madden Daisies are amazingly easy to walk in, I almost hate how they feel less like heels, and more like slippers...

Steve Madden seems to have this other model called "Klory." It appears to be quite similar to the Daisie, but with slightly more inward curve to the heel. The Vala seems to go the other way, and has a straighter, more set back heel. Do you guys have experience with either of these? I'm not so much interested in the Vala (I think the set back heel looks strange), but it would be nice to know if the sizing is fairly consistent in this basic style of shoe.

I was just in a nordstrom the other day.  And I tried on a pair of nude Steve maddens.  And i believe they might have been the daises.  They were the display model, and i could not find a size on them anywhere.  But I have gotten good at sizing shoes just by looking at them.  I knew they would probably fit.  i tried them on, and they fit perfectly!  And just like others said, they were very comfortable!  It actually felt like i wasn't wearing heels at all!  Sadly, I didn't buy them however.

Edited by Mr. X

Unless a high heeler has an encompassing bias against "nude" footwear, chances are they have quite a collection to appropriately accent the appearances for some of their outfits. Not to disagree, but I have several pairs of Jimmy Choo high heels which took me a while to break in. After not consistently wearing these high heels the break in process has to be repeated. So before an event I pre-wear them for a few days to return to my familiar readiness, especially in these 6.125 high heeled Eros styles that are 5 inch equivalence: 1469182724_JIM271314_1_enlarged(2).thumb.jpg.62fb0764daa370a8444a8128d247318c.jpgor these 4.75 high stiletto heeled, single soled Giuseppe Zanotti: 301731738_GIU67804_1_enlarged(2).thumb.jpg.00941c63d7e98fa4178115f832242e17.jpgwhich are more of the pink nude color. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to snag a pair of the aforementioned Steve Madden "Klory" pumps, and shall be interested to see if they are yet another color variation on the same theme. Hopefully, they fit and do not suffer from the same deterioration problems that plague my Daisies. It was one of those deals where I said to myself, "Self, you do not really need another pair of nude pumps, but if they come down on the price.  .  ." So without making an active offer, I waited to see if they would eventually come down on the price, and they eventually did! More to come. . .