Work and Heels

Jkrenzer

2 hours ago, StilettoLuv said:

Do you wear your heels to and from work too?

No, I have to traverse the factory so I keep them under my desk.  I currently have 7 pair available at work. 

• 2 weeks later...

No picture today, but yesterday I wore my blue faux suede Impo (almost) knee boots. I stop by the division office to check on my medical leave request,  The first comment I got was "I'll been looking for boots like those." I explained they were years oldand I got the black pair too, but didn't get the red version.  I was told "you should have got the red version too.  The adminstrative assistant came around to see my heels and agreed that I should have gotten the red pair too.

• Like 3

I have two different red Jessica Simpson stiletto booties.   But yes are suede and yesterday was a servere weather day with heavey rain and winds gusts above 80 mph.  I wore my blue faux suede boots, wanted to satisfy my inner Elvis.  A colleague came by while I was talking with another colleague and told me "don't you know, you don't wear suede in the rain." I laughed and told her they were fake suede. I get so many comments in these, I also have the black, that I should have also bought the red. Besides they were cheap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

It always astonishes me that St Patrick’s Day is so much bigger a deal in the US than it is in our side of the pond.

Really not sure why, but Irish is one of the largest ancestry grouo in U.S. only behind German and African. 

35.5 million, 10% of the population. 

• Like 1

JKrenzer: You leave a portion of your high heel shoes at work? What breviary. Don't you ever worrie that someone there will steal your shoes. Post scrip--I would steal them. Exception - If they had 5" heels. Mike

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

There’s a pretty hefty percentage here too as you might imagine, but it’s not that big a deal here at all - and what little there is seems mostly imported from the US

I am pretty sure that the Irish living in the UK do celebrate St Patrick's Day with some gusto, but without the very public razzmatazz that seems prevalent in the US.   Go into any 'Irish' bar in England today and you will find the Guinness flowing very freely.

20 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It always astonishes me that St Patrick’s Day is so much bigger a deal in the US than it is in our side of the pond.

I always figured it was because we have hardly any national holidays in the U.S., so we adopt random ones as an excuse to consume alcohol to excess. Next up is Cinco de Mayo.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I always figured it was because we have hardly any national holidays in the U.S., so we adopt random ones as an excuse to consume alcohol to excess. Next up is Cinco de Mayo.

That's one we don't have here at all. We do have the coronation coming up in May, which I'll bet is not going to be a holiday at your end...

30 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

That's one we don't have here at all. We do have the coronation coming up in May, which I'll bet is not going to be a holiday at your end...

Yah. No coronation. Seems we fought a war 250 yrs ago just not to have that holiday. 

Edited by Jkrenzer

On 10/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Today I've got my old 1969 leather pumps.

20221005_130514.jpg

Excellent heels :)

i wear similar shoes at work. I work on my own in the mornings for about 3-4 hours as i start earlier than everyone else. I also enjoy the drive to work wearing heels or boots. In the winter season the boots come out, also with a similar heel.

Edited by NrthEastHeel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

JKrenzer: I always enjoy seeing your high heel photos. Many of your pictures are taken at your workplace. Question: Do you live there? Do you ever go out anywhere else in high heels? Keep your heels and standerds high.  Mike

13 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

JKrenzer: I always enjoy seeing your high heel photos. Many of your pictures are taken at your workplace. Question: Do you live there? Do you ever go out anywhere else in high heels? Keep your heels and standerds high.  Mike

I wear them pretty much everywhere. I used to take quick pics doing that but haven't for some time. I always feel weird taking selfish in public.

• Like 2

I am quite proficient at self captures having learned to do it on many solo expeditions, but I don’t know the first thing about how to model high heels and in any event I’m no fashion plate and so I hang fire on that.

Another old pair of Pleaser heels I dug up. Pleaser are remarkably durable but do have a somewhat chunkier, less than spike stiletto heel that I really prefer. Otherwise they check all my boxes, durable, built for men, high (but not too high) and sexy. One other lacking quality is color, I love my colors, but black and red with the occasional taupe is all you get from Pleaser. 

20230425_073008.jpg

20230425_073024.jpg

20230425_073039.jpg

• Like 6