Work and Heels

Jkrenzer

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I’m really tempted - it would be very satisfying. I’d love to find something that was nicely made, of buttery soft leather, with the chic look and style that evoked what it was I liked about go-go boots c.1970.

A couple times I’ve looked around to see what was available but all I could find were costume boots, cheap and plasticky. Alas…

When you find them let us know. I wouldn't mine a pair myself😀

• Like 1

I have a pair of white leather knee boots. Got them a few years ago. I don't remember the brand and yes I do like those flashy patent look go-go boots, as I also have them in many colors. Have had to replace them too as the plastic cracks off, so I just buy a new pair. I like the colors and wear them in decent weather. No rain or snow.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Yes, they seem to cone in a rainbow of colours. The ones I remember and which caught my eye back in the day were while. I shall look for some really nice white leather knee boots but if all else fails I may just buy a pair of the plastic fancy-dress ones just to have had a pair of go-go boots once in my life.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:54 AM, Shyheels said:

I've always gone for black, dark brown or dark grey suede for my boots, although a part of me fancies the idea of buying a pair of white leather knee boots - not unlike the pair of go-go boots I originally fancied all those decades ago. Perhaps someday... 

I'm with you buddy, I have fancied white knee boots for many years as well.  Currently only wear black, but sure hope to gain the confidence to sport a killer pair of white knee boots publicly real soon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'm with you buddy, I have fancied white knee boots for many years as well.  Currently only wear black, but sure hope to gain the confidence to sport a killer pair of white knee boots publicly real soon

I guess we just have to find the right pair!

• Like 1

pebblesf : When you say you are going to get white knee-high boots real soon, are you talking in the next ten to twenty years ? 😃 Mike .               PS.  Are you ever going to get back to OHIO?   I will wear my white stilettos high heel boots when you show up.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:04 PM, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you say you are going to get white knee-high boots real soon, are you talking in the next ten to twenty years ? 😃 Mike .               PS.  Are you ever going to get back to OHIO?   I will wear my white stilettos high heel boots when you show up.

Mike

I balloted for a few CMH trips for next month, but did not get them.  Nonetheless, will be attempting to trade some of the trips I was awarded, so may be visiting again.  Would be so cool to hang with you again, espeicially in your white boots!  Don

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while but still wearing them regularly. Today I have my rounded toed stilettos on.

I reheeled the tips recently. Tapped out the shank and added a spacer and cap screw. Added about 3mm in height. I was getting tired of replacing the tips. Admittedly  love the sound on cement and tiled floors.

20230111_075646.jpg

20230111_075708.jpg

New heel tips

20230111_080407.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I should think there would also be a question of damage to carpets or wood floors. 

They don't burr so actually don't snag on carpet.  My floors at home have throw rugs and mostly bamboo with tile in the water rooms, kitchen and bath. Bamboo is much denser than oak and does not Mark. I've damaged oak and cheaper laminate with even plastic tips as they do wear and do have steel pins as well.

Still, love the look and sound. Many women have told me they like them too. They look good since the match up well with the main shaft. I don’t do these on my covered heels. I have a whole series of pumps and boots with the same heel and have been converting them as needed.

• Like 4

On 1/12/2023 at 5:05 AM, Jkrenzer said:

They don't burr so actually don't snag on carpet.  My floors at home have throw rugs and mostly bamboo with tile in the water rooms, kitchen and bath. Bamboo is much denser than oak and does not Mark. I've damaged oak and cheaper laminate with even plastic tips as they do wear and do have steel pins as well.

Still, love the look and sound. Many women have told me they like them too. They look good since the match up well with the main shaft. I don’t do these on my covered heels. I have a whole series of pumps and boots with the same heel and have been converting them as needed.

I don't think I've ever damaged a floor with my heels, but then again I do not like the "worn" look. Those heel tips get replaced long before they ever get to the point of any metal showing. Also, it probably doesn't hurt that I weigh a mere 135 lbs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I weigh a mere 135 lbs.

Baby boy🤣

I'm not too heavy, 175 lbs, but it does make a difference as the heel itself is the same size. The force being directly proportional to weight. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Baby boy🤣

I'm not too heavy, 175 lbs, but it does make a difference as the heel itself is the same size. The force being directly proportional to weight. 

Yeah, guess I gotta lay off the burgers, no wonder I keep killing my heels!

On 1/13/2023 at 5:30 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Baby boy🤣

True, but if you have worn through your plastic or rubber tip, that nail holding it on is bound to be about half its original diameter, therefore increasing the pressure on somebody's (or your own) poor floor by about four times what it would normally be. That alone might account for a good deal.

40 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

JKrenzer : Not so much bolder or very presentable but classier.  Mike

If by presentable you mean CD, no not so much. Not my intention either. Just a regular Joe who happens to wear heels in a classic way.

Thanks Mike.

1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

By presentable I meant just that - the kind if look you could wear anywhere without causing comment. Why would “presentable” mean CD? I don’t get it  

I thought that's you meant. My comment was directed at Spikes not you. Sorry for the confusion. 

I've only been on-site for less than 40 days since the start of the pandemic.  Today was one of those days.  I will be back on site less than 30 days till June.

Lunch meeting heels. These Jessica Simson boots are so comfortable.

meeting heels shh.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cali said:

I've only been on-site for less than 40 days since the start of the pandemic.  Today was one of those days.  I will be back on site less than 30 days till June.

Lunch meeting heels. These Jessica Simson boots are so comfortable.

meeting heels shh.jpg

Pandemic is over, killed those who couldn't survive now it's basically a cold. Get back to office and socialize. I've had covid as many times as the vacation, 3.

It's really time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes and no - I agree that we've all had enough of hearing about it, wearing masks, being housebound and thniking about contagion all the time, and indeed to many people that's all covid ever was - not much more than a cold. I've had it once - catching it last June despite being triple-vaccinated. I'd love nothing better than to move on, and in many ways I have, but I'm still suffering the lingering after effects of this thing.  It is much better than three months ago, but still...

As for getting back to the office, one of the positive outcomes from the pandemic is the way it showed that working from home is a viable option for many people and companies. It is good on so many fronts. Many jobs simply do not require a commute to the office, and many workers, having discovered this, are not going to want a return to the old status quo. Why should they? 

On the heels front - I like the boots!

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

There is way more to it than just work. Agreed, many can work from home, however there is a significant social disconnect as a result. The western society will collapse without it eventually as people won't be able to handle face to face communication or even more importantly confrontation because of the loss of direct contact.

As far as covid, the antibodies built up once infected are better than the vaccine. Not saying the vaccine didn't help, my symptoms were never severe, I haven't boosted in nearly 1.5 yrs. Got it twice since. First time 3 weeks after my 3rd shot. Getting it every 6 to 9 months is about the same as getting boosted. The antibodies are present either way. The virus is after all a corona virus, so is the common cold. It mutates too fast and often to ever be cured, so like the cold we just need to deal with it. 

The average human life span just took a 2yr drop. Such is life.

• Like 1