Work and Heels

Jkrenzer

Thanks, Joe. You are right, those shoes would have gone well with my "BluBlocker" outfit from Sunday. The color of the sky and the color of the coolers just happened to add that little bit of extra, and that was a complete accident. That picture is straight off the phone, no filters. That's just how it came out.

A rare photo from work. Rare for several reasons.  Rare that I am sitting (I'm torturing students  with a Final), rare that I take a picture at work. But not rare that I wear my knee highs with shorts.

bootsatwork2H.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Cali said:

A rare photo from work. Rare for several reasons.  Rare that I am sitting (I'm torturing students  with a Final), rare that I take a picture at work. But not rare that I wear my knee highs with shorts.

bootsatwork2H.JPG

Awesome boots! 
you should sneak more photos from work!!!! That’s some  of the fun. 

24 minutes ago, CAT said:

Awesome boots! 
you should sneak more photos from work!!!! That’s some  of the fun. 

Thanks.

I really love these and wish I had seen these earlier and gotten another one, but they sold out fast. So easy to walk in during 12 hour days.

"At work" photos are going to hard to come by since I only have 2 to 4 more days on site this year.  

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:48 PM, Cali said:

bootsatwork2H.JPG

Great boots, you must get plenty of questions/compliments for the students

4 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Great boots, you must get plenty of questions/compliments for the students

Almost none at all.  I worn them to work four times in 6 weeks, and the only comment was from a student that he thought I was just a member of the "family".  But I'm not.

That day I also worn these knee highs to a end on semester celebration luncheon with hundreds of people. No comment at all.   Either nobody cares or I have normalize I wear high heels or both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

Almost none at all.  I worn them to work four times in 6 weeks, and the only comment was from a student that he thought I was just a member of the "family".  But I'm not.

That day I also worn these knee highs to a end on semester celebration luncheon with hundreds of people. No comment at all.   Either nobody cares or I have normalize I wear high heels or both.

Both, me too. Love that actually. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, Cali said:

Probably both.  Your coworkers/students would probably comment if you came to work without wearing heels.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Probably both.  Your coworkers/students would probably comment if you came to work without wearing heels.  

They have on the very rare times I have been barefooted (after a pedicure).

This summer a VP asked what color my toe nails were while showing me hers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

We paddled about 1 mile, 1.6 km if my recollection is correct, to get there.

What a lovely getaway. My escapes usually involve disappearing down one of our leafy Sussex lanes on my old classic touring bicycle, out before dawn when there’s absolutely nobody about

Those are my very old 1969. They only make 2 styles of pumps. A very long pointed toe and these. All leather with a rubber inset on the sole bottoms for longevity. Heels are 5.25 inch in 42, size 10.5 for US Women. 

I have my old Steve Madden Darrt on today. I think these are 10yrs old.

20220823_151242_resized.jpg

20220823_151953.jpg

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Just got a pair of conservative 5 inch pumps off ebay, Donald Pliner, perfect work shoes. Rare non-stilettos for me.

20220829_072437.jpg

20220829_072457.jpg

20220829_072524.jpg

Love Pliner, have many boots from them!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:57 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Those are my very old 1969. They only make 2 styles of pumps. A very long pointed toe and these. All leather with a rubber inset on the sole bottoms for longevity. Heels are 5.25 inch in 42, size 10.5 for US Women. 

I have my old Steve Madden Darrt on today. I think these are 10yrs old.

20220823_151242_resized.jpg

20220823_151953.jpg

I love these classic stiletto pumps. I always gravitate to this same style for me. I imagine you have had to replace the heel tips many times.

May I ask, do you always wear pumps on bare feet?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I do, I really don't like hose. Hose tend to make my feet slide forward and as a result I get too much pressure on my toes.

I understand completely. Very few people can do what you do and wear 5"+ stiletto heels all day; and likely everyday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StilettoLuv said:

I understand completely. Very few people can do what you do and wear 5"+ stiletto heels all day; and likely everyday. 

I wish I could!!!   There is no issue with wearing them for an entire day as I have.  It’s wishing I could do it every day!!!  That would be awesome.   

• Like 3