Work and Heels

Jkrenzer

I mentioned recently that I have begun wearing heels at work. I'm an engineer at a factory. The factory proper is strictly safety shoes but the office is whatever. 

Pictured here are my FSJ safety heels. Metal toes, somehow I don't think they will fly. I'm wearing these today in the office.

20220712_071724.jpg

• Like 9

No ANSI, OSHA or ISO standards. Just fun standard. 

Today I'm going with my closed toed mules. Admittedly this are really a desl shoe, walking is a bit clumsy as I need to curl my toes a little to keep from stepping out of them.

Sorry for the image quality but needed to minimize the file size.

20220713_072510.jpg

20220713_072531.jpg

• Like 8

Today I'm back in my very old Mary Janes.  These are so comfortable, brand is Signature. I'm not really sure how many yrs I've had these. Originally an Ebay find. I've replaced the heel tips half a dozen times by now.

20220715_082552.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Today I'm back in my very old Mary Janes.  These are so comfortable, brand is Signature. I'm not really sure how many yrs I've had these. Originally an Ebay find. I've replaced the heel tips half a dozen times by now.

20220715_082552.jpg

Those pumps are really nice. 5" heel? It seems that there are not a lot of us that really like classic (and maybe quite feminine high heels). By that I mean single sole, usually pointed toe and a very high thin stiletto heel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StilettoLuv said:

Those pumps are really nice. 5" heel? It seems that there are not a lot of us that really like classic (and maybe quite feminine high heels). By that I mean single sole, usually pointed toe and a very high thin stiletto heel.

5.25 inch. For me the perfect height. Walkable, comfortable (correctly fitted) and sexy. It's so fun wearing sexy heels at work or otherwise. Being the odd guy works for me. I'm a really well respected engineer at a engineering centric company. People expect engineers to be unique, knowing that allows me to be odd and as such heels are just an extension of such. Works for me so why not push the envelope. I now keep 4 to 5 pair out in the open at my desk and rotate out weekly to keep my selections diverse. Sooner or later someone will ask how many different heels I own. Looking forward to that question. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

People expect engineers to be unique, 

WHAT???????? NEVER NEVER heard that before and I am around many of them.

It's amazing what you can do when you are well respected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

5.25 inch. For me the perfect height. Walkable, comfortable (correctly fitted) and sexy. It's so fun wearing sexy heels at work or otherwise. Being the odd guy works for me. I'm a really well respected engineer at a engineering centric company. People expect engineers to be unique, knowing that allows me to be odd and as such heels are just an extension of such. Works for me so why not push the envelope. I now keep 4 to 5 pair out in the open at my desk and rotate out weekly to keep my selections diverse. Sooner or later someone will ask how many different heels I own. Looking forward to that question. 

May I ask... does your work involve a lot of standing or walking during the day? And also, are there lady co-workers? I'd love to know how the ladies react to your high heels... they can sometimes be jealous.

5 hours ago, Cali said:

As a scientist, I like to mess with engineers.  Sorry?

It's the difference between thinking about things (scientists) and doing (engineers). 🙂

• Haha 1

Rocket science is easy. Rocket engineering is very hard.

PS: I'm an engineer (Chartered Electrical Engineer, Fellow of the IET). I still have immense respect for scientists, even if some of what they do verges on non-falsifiable and hence not really in the realm of science at all. Engineers have simpler criteria to judge their creations: Does it work?

• Haha 1

In "rocket science" we design the payload, engineers just arrange the transportation.   In one of my past life's I have been on extraterrestrial payload teams.  (You know I like messing with engineers.🙃)

I'm reminded of a joke I heard decades ago:

A science major asks "Why does this work?"

An engineering major asks "How does this work?"

A liberal arts major asks "Would you like fries with that?"

(It's just a joke, folks! 😬 )

• Haha 1

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

If it moves, it's biology

If it stinks, it's chemistry

If it's physics, it doesn't work properly

Another old joke:-)

All the science is either physics or stamp collecting. Attributed to Rutherford.

Edited by at9
additional info

"Engineer" means different things in different countries. In France, Germany and some other European countries it's a protected title. You can't call yourself one unless you have the right qualifications. This is roughly equivalent to Chartered Engineer in the UK. Over here, the word "engineer" is often used to mean anyone using an oily rag. No disrespect to those who get their hands dirty - thay do necessart work - but in France they wouldn't be called engineers (ingenieurs). In the US it also means the driver of a railway locomotive "I'll tell you the story of a great engineer, Casey Jones...."

Possibly a difference in how thing evolved. in the UK, engineers like Newcomen and Watt evolved from very practical folk such as millwrights. In continental Europe it evolved from a more theoretical and abstract base.

None of these is wrong, just different. Now if those pesky natural philosophers would get their act together... (we call them scientists now)

• Like 1

Today I'm in classic black. These are my oldest Hey Si Mey pumps. I keep these here at work permanently since I have a second pair at home. I've mentioned this brand many times, best quality of the knock off Chinese brands in my opinion. Just wished they'd expand their color selection. I've contacted them stating I buy every color they'd make, they are that nice.

20220719_074757.jpg

• Like 6

In the break room. It's been exillerating wearing heels at work.

I actually think I'm a bit more productive. Not sure why other than the feeling of high heels on my feet seems more natural when I'm in an unloaded position. I have a reasonable arch.

20220725_073139_resized.jpg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

In the break room. It's been exillerating wearing heels at work.

I actually think I'm a bit more productive. Not sure why other than the feeling of high heels on my feet seems more natural when I'm in an unloaded position. I have a reasonable arch.

That is one thing I always wondered. I know you favor stiletto heels that are around 5 inches tall. First of all, I can't even walk in 5 inch heels properly, but even supposing I could learn, I don't think I could actually wear them to most places where I usually wear heels, because I spend a good deal of the time walking or standing. I find that 3 inch or lower I can almost ignore completely, but as I get up to 4 inch, it becomes quite noticeable after a couple of hours that I'm wearing heels. My question is, am I to understand that you spend quite a good deal of time sitting in your heels, as compared to standing or walking?

• Like 2

At work I do spend much more sitting but otherwise I don't. I walk in 5 inch heels a ton. Stores, restaurants, at home etc. Worn out many soles and heels. For whatever reason 5 inch rise works for me. 5.25 is max, any high not happening. 

At work most of my walking is to the factory floor or engineering lab, on go my safety shoes.

• Like 4

I wear heels about 10-12 hours a day. At work I spend most of my time standing and walking for 5+ hours each day. I sit and "observe" less than a hour.  3.75 to 4.5 inch difference is comfortable, higher not so much.  

• Like 2

Oddly enough, and I suppose that we all are odd in some way or other, I really do not get a kick out of wearing heels while sitting. As I am writing this, I have my bare feet propped up on the adjacent piece of furniture to where I've got my backside planted. I do rather love the sensation of wearing heels while standing or walking.

I'm wearing my blue MJ's.

These are a tad lower, about 4.75 inch and extremely comfortable. The colored tile is our break room.

20220728_071419_resized.jpg

20220728_071505_resized.jpg

I know I'm getting old, even without a gut there seems to be a downward trend at my belt line.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I'm wearing my blue MJ's.

These are a tad lower, about 4.75 inch and extremely comfortable. The colored tile is our break room.

20220728_071419_resized.jpg

20220728_071505_resized.jpg

I know I'm getting old, even without a gut there seems to be a downward trend at my belt line.

I wonder why we males that adore wearing high heels never whine or complain about discomfort and pain. You have shown us all day heels that range from 4.75" to 5.25" and we all know that 99% of women never wear heels even that high and when they do, it takes very little time before their heels are kicked off while complaining about aching feet.

• Like 1

Very easy: we men love to WALK in high heels. So we choose  the heels that DON’T  hurt our feet. That’s our priority. 

I may be wrong but you,women, you choose your heels for the look first. So many chances they won’t be comfortable. Worse,comfort has not much to do with the price you pay. 

• Like 4