The No Hiding Look - Shorts and Heels

Cali

Since it is now too hot for jeans, I have returned to my more normal look, Shorts with Heels. Or as I call it the "No Hiding Look."  There no second guessing by anyone.  Today's is shorts with Charles (by Charles David) gladiators.  Heels are a few years old but I haven't worn them since pre-pandemic. Nobody noticed them....lol

shortGladH.JPG

• Like 4

I don't necessarily feel like it's the "No Hiding" aspect of the style that kicks it up a few notches as far as raising eyebrows. There is still some sort of social stigma against wearing heels with shorts, and even though it's no longer taboo, there's still something kind of racy about it. Add stilettos to the mix, and it's even more racy.

I realize that my point of view is restricted to the midwest U.S., but I do see the heels and shorts combination occasionally this year. Invariably, it's with wedges or shorter block heels. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw shorts with stilettos, and I'm not so sure it wasn't in Asia, where that look is very common and acceptable.

In any case, every once in a while, even I decline the shorts and heels combo if I'm feeling particularly self conscious on any given day. It's all in my head, of course, but I do blend a lot better with pants.

Nice topic..   i love wearing shorts and heels, but i do with hose.  prob not the most accepted look but its what i like.   

Just this year i have my wife trying the look but to be honest much lower heeels 3 inch or so, and when she wears with hose very light hard to tell sometimes.   My hat is off to you.

• Like 1

give me more heels

Even though I have hose and stockings I never wear them, just don't see them worn anymore.  My legs are tan and my hairs have thinned out and turn blonde-ish.

Today work shoes.  Below is after 8 hours walking. If you look carefully you will see that these shoes have a problem.  More about that on Cali World.

S_H7_12h.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I do not wear shorts with heels simply because I just don’t like shorts, I just don’t.  When I go running I wear shorts (duh) but anytime else it’s pants. My wife says I have nice legs and has been axing me for years why I don’t wear shorts.  Over the 4th weekend we had friends visiting and both axed why do I not wear shorts.  I just don’t care for them, and never considered myself a fashion plate. 

Pants that are short that “expose” more of my heels yes, but shorts, no.  It’s a choice.  

I just ain’t no fun.  Smile...    sf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

22 minutes ago, SF said:

It’s a choice.    Smile...    sf

It's all choice. You are heavy into foot/ankle jewelry and I'm not.  It's all choice, and it's all good.  I grew up on the beaches in southern California and I'm lucky I have had jobs/careers that allow me freedom to dress in shorts.  And now that I'm a senior citizen, I don't give a ----.   Shorts for me it's actually more than a choice, it's a life style.

• Like 1

I like wearing shorts with heels, too. But I love wearing capri leggings even more with my heels. It really shows off that as a guy, I like to wear heels and I'm not about to not show off that I'm wearing heels. I know that not every guy wants to show off his heels fully, but I do and I like SF also like to wear ankle jewelry too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I see we have a wide variety of opinions on the subject of shorts. That doesn't really surprise me. It kind of reminds me of a joke which actually rings true about Methodists. Wherever two Methodists are gathered, you'll have three opinions. I'll have to see if I can take some shorts pictures this weekend, but it won't solve anything.

• Haha 1

Speaking of Methodists (smile) ref this clip from the funniest movie ever made, Blazing Saddles, at the 50 sec mark... ha ha

They’re really not that bad...

sf

• Haha 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

Speaking of Methodists (smile) ref this clip from the funniest movie ever made, Blazing Saddles, at the 50 sec mark... ha ha

They’re really not that bad...

sf

Mel brooks was a genius. Every line had something and most wouldn't fly in today's PC society.

SF,

You may not care for shorts now but if you were to make that move to the Arizona desert you might change your mind. Light clothing and more ventilation whether walking, shopping, or out on the golf course during the hot months of May-September is always a good idea. Tucson-Phoenix-Yuma averages 125-175 days of 90+F maxima (32C) a year . Phoenix is the sunniest large city in the USA and Yuma is the sunniest place on Earth at 4015 hours of bright sunshine a year. Everybody wears them there. Just sayin’. HinH

I like to wear shorts with my heels. It's not as hot here than in Arizona but this summer we are having more high 80's and low 90'S., so I'm wearing more shorts with my heels. Of course I like to show off my heels and wearing shorts certainly does that for me. Incidentally, I like to wear wedge heel sandals too. Have several pairs of them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Changing it up a little bit with colors I don't normally wear. These mint green shorts mimic white pants quite well in their ability to attract spilt food and dirt in general. I think they might look better if I were darker skinned. Pairing them with sensible shoes led to an evening of zero comments. Shorts are some brand called Dept 222. Sandals are by Söfft.

MintGreenShorts.jpg

• Like 2

@mlroseplant it looks like you are on vacation in the Caribbean with those shorts.

I like my wedges, they are some of the easiest heels to walk/ work in.  But some days are stiletto days, especially with short shorts. 

shortsStilH.JPG

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Cali said:

@mlroseplant it looks like you are on vacation in the Caribbean with those shorts.

I like my wedges, they are some of the easiest heels to walk/ work in.  But some days are stiletto days, especially with short shorts. 

shortsStilH.JPG

Hello, I'm Melrose Plant, and I approve of this outfit. What are the shoes?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cali said:

Steve Madden Lure purchased in 2019. I don't wear them often.

1/2 inch platform, 5.5 inch heel.

SM Lure01 hh.JPG

Like the shoes, Cali and the faux leather leggings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

19 hours ago, Cali said:

Steve Madden Lure purchased in 2019. I don't wear them often.

1/2 inch platform, 5.5 inch heel.

SM Lure01 hh.JPG

I found a red pair on Poshmark that was actually my size! Unfortunately, it sold some weeks ago. Or maybe fortunately. Suede doesn't generally work well in Iowa, anyhow.

I like a variety of heel styles.  Today work heels are Freebird Canti's purchase in 2017.  I have two pairs, these brown ones and another one in black.

I love these chunky style heels, and this sandal has an adjustable toe strap which is great because I have a large toe box.  I had to add an extra hole though. 

chunkly1H.JPG

chunky2H.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I decided to post here because I recently took several pictures of my new Steve Madden "Klory" pumps, and I happened to be wearing shorts. I am normally loathe to wear closed-toes shoes with shorts--this was for modelling purposes only--but I don't think the combination looks horrible.

SMKloryShorts.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I decided to post here because I recently took several pictures of my new Steve Madden "Klory" pumps, and I happened to be wearing shorts. I am normally loathe to wear closed-toes shoes with shorts--this was for modelling purposes only--but I don't think the combination looks horrible.

SMKloryShorts.jpg

That looks fantastic. Welcome to the club buddy. I always think that's a great look. Done it many times.

Thanks, guys. I figured there was nothing wrong with the look, it's just that I'm the type of guy who will wear sandals until it snows, or maybe even after it snows. My body parts get cold in this order, roughly: Legs first, I have never been able to wear shorts with a jacket, I'm much less cold with long pants and short sleeves. I will wear leggings underneath my pants with a short sleeve shirt. Next to cover up in the fall are my arms/upper body. Last: Feet. I don't know why my feet don't really get cold. Yes, they do eventually get cold in extreme weather.

• 2 weeks later...