Ooh Er ASOS.

VirginHeels

• 4 weeks later...

Yet more reaction to my Asos leopard print boots. My wife and I went to an event in central London last night. We spoke to a woman who was wearing some very sparkly 3" stiletto shoes. She said she had seen me on the way from the tube to the venue and had hoped to meet the guy in the leopard boots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, at9 said:

Yet more reaction to my Asos leopard print boots. My wife and I went to an event in central London last night. We spoke to a woman who was wearing some very sparkly 3" stiletto shoes. She said she had seen me on the way from the tube to the venue and had hoped to meet the guy in the leopard boots.

On offer right now at £49.00. All sizes except UK12.   3" heel claimed.   Does your wife approve of them - and of men in heels in general?

My wife likes them and is happy to see me out and about in heels.

We were talking to another woman at the event who was wearing unusual heels which turned out to be by John Fluevog. See screencap for style of heel. Hers were ankle boots. She also liked my boots. Not sure I like the JF heels but it makes a nice change to see something different.

Capture.PNG

Edited by at9
  • Like 1

This is weird. I walked up our local high street today. The brand new OTK boots that I didn't buy are now in the window of a different charity shop, still with tags and packing. Unless there are two pairs of identical boots that were given to different charity shops, or possibly somebody bought them at the first shop, didn't like them (which is understandable) and gave them to the second shop.

In the first charity shop there's now another pair of boots in the window marked as size 10. These are knee high, pull-on, not new. i don't much like the look of them so I'm not going to bother trying them.

Walked past the first charity shop again today. There was a pair of UK10 ankle boots in the window. Approx 3" heels. I might go past again tomorrow and try them on though I don't really need any ankle boots at the moment.

There's obviously somebody, probably a woman though you never know, with UK10 feet who has given assorted footwear to a local charity shop. Or it could be an estate clearance.

The other 2 pairs of UK10 boots I mentioned before are still in their respective charity shops.

PS: The forum merged this with my previous reply.

Tried them on today. Couldn't even zip them up. Guessing that they are US women's 10, about UK8. I'm nominally UK9/EU43. Didn't note the brand.

Edited by at9

• 3 months later...

These have just appeared on the ASOS website.   Sizes up to UK13.   No heel height indicated but appears to be about 4".   Not something I would wear but I can see the appeal.

138679290_ASOSB.thumb.jpg.9fd493e0f67a4dbd6dde47218d702383.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/8/2023 at 11:23 AM, Puffer said:

These have just appeared on the ASOS website.   Sizes up to UK13.   No heel height indicated but appears to be about 4".   Not something I would wear but I can see the appeal.

138679290_ASOSB.thumb.jpg.9fd493e0f67a4dbd6dde47218d702383.jpg

Not in a million years, but one man's garbage is another man's treasure, so I welcome their good fortune.

• 8 months later...

ASOS currently has on its UK website some 56 items of men's footwear described as 'heeled'.   Several of these styles have been shown here before.   Overall, they are a mixed bag, with the more extreme examples being unlikely to have much appeal to those here who value their feelings for taste, reputation (or sanity).   One of the newer items that I would certainly never wear is these OTK boots:

image.thumb.png.aad222ee8d3a499009ed9b68e7e140a7.png

Take four bricks and two black binliners and assemble as shown!
They are listed as available in sizes UK6 - UK12 and the discounted price today is £72.00, or less with extra discount code.

Would anyone here like to wear them (outside Halloween)?

Edited by Puffer
Duplicated pic removed
  • Like 4

On 11/23/2023 at 2:31 PM, Puffer said:

ASOS currently has on its UK website some 56 items of men's footwear described as 'heeled'.   Several of these styles have been shown here before.   Overall, they are a mixed bag, with the more extreme examples being unlikely to have much appeal to those here who value their feelings for taste, reputation (or sanity).   One of the newer items that I would certainly never wear is these OTK boots:

image.thumb.png.aad222ee8d3a499009ed9b68e7e140a7.png

Take four bricks and two black binliners and assemble as shown!
They are listed as available in sizes UK6 - UK12 and the discounted price today is £72.00, or less with extra discount code.

Would anyone here like to wear them (outside Halloween)?

I agree, would never even consider wearing these boots.  And it is too bad, because they fit his legs nicely.  Why would Asos go out of their way to make boots that are really ugly like this

On 11/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, pebblesf said:

Why would Asos go out of their way to make boots that are really ugly like this

To differentiate men from women. Men's shoes have to be ugly, gross, big, bold so they're manly. Some say...

• Like 2

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 3 months later...

These appear to be a recent ASOS introduction; sizes UK 6 - 12 and £56.00.   The height of the rounded heel looks to be close to 4".   Sleek looking - although the chain detail may not appeal, but is much more discreet than that on previous offerings.   Now, this is a boot that I would wear!   

?$n_480w$&wid=476&fit=constrain