Ooh Er ASOS.

VirginHeels

These heels are not my style, but refreshing to see nonetheless.  Maybe things ARE changing.  I am tired of being a "pioneer" and taking all the arrows.  ha ha

smile....   sf 

Update:  Just looked at the ASOS site, they have several pair of "mens" shoes / sandals that could easily be on the gals side.  Encouraging to see.  I am still however waiting to see another guy here is SoCal wearing heels.  Have fun...   sf

Edited by SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Too short for me, but glad to see in the market place.

SF I'll be in SoCal for a few days in September....look for me.  🙃

Edited by Cali

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 2:20 PM, VirginHeels said:

Well, it may be happening, heels for men in the “mainstream” or mainstream adjacent. Stiletto Heels Boots!!!

https://www.asos.com/prd/202004069?acquisitionsource=pasteboard

What are we thinking???

I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw this, giant step in the right direction for us men who love to wear heels and boots, the funny thing is, they’re all too big for my little size 5 feet so I’ll continue to buy my boots from the womens section lol 😆

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see that (as of today) these ASOS stiletto boots are all sold out except for size UK6 (which very few men would need).   I wonder if the other sizes (up to UK12) proved very popular or simply that the quantities manufactured were low - testing the market, perhaps?

There are currently other ASOS boots for men with modest heels, of which these are perhaps the most 'daring' - and still available in sizes UK 6-9, with UK 10-12 sold out.   Imho, they look very good when worn as shown with slightly flared trousers, although the chain is rather too prominent.

image.thumb.png.ef253fbaace99803f1e247b3eced788f.png

1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

Problem is with the original stiletto heel boots is there’s no reviews on them. Makes me wonder how many bought them. Those other new ones look great, more 70s. 

Yes, the absence of reviews is unfortunate - and perhaps worrying.

12 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Problem is with the original stiletto heel boots is there’s no reviews on them. Makes me wonder how many bought them. Those other new ones look great, more 70s. 

I don't really see the absence of reviews as a problem.  It's more "noise" to me.

There's no reviews on more traditional menswear shoes on ASOS. 

Case in point, a standard conservative faux sued brogue

https://www.asos.com/new-look/new-look-smart-shoes-in-black/prd/203829322?colourWayId=203829346&cid=27116

With ASOS, imho, presence of a testimonial proves positive. But absence of a testimonial isn't necessarily negative.  

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

12 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I don't really see the absence of reviews as a problem.  It's more "noise" to me.

There's no reviews on more traditional menswear shoes on ASOS. 

Case in point, a standard conservative faux sued brogue

https://www.asos.com/new-look/new-look-smart-shoes-in-black/prd/203829322?colourWayId=203829346&cid=27116

With ASOS, imho, presence of a testimonial proves positive. But absence of a testimonial isn't necessarily negative.  

The absence of a review, especially of a more unusual or extreme-styled shoe (ASOS or otherwise) leaves potentially interested buyers at a disadvantage.   Do the shoes run true to size; are they comfortable; are they well-made???  Without some feedback - good or bad - anyone buying 'blind' is taking a bigger chance than they need.   ASOS is not known for consistency in size/fit, for example, so any purchase likely to be a gamble.   I would have to decide between at least three size/width fittings if I was buying anything from ASOS.  

Edited by Puffer
typo

On 9/14/2022 at 11:53 PM, Puffer said:

The absence of a review, especially of a more unusual or extreme-styled shoe (ASOS or otherwise) leaves potentially interested buyers at a disadvantage.   Do the shoes run true to size; are they comfortable; are they well-made???  Without some feedback - good or bad - anyone buying 'blind' is taking a bigger chance than they need.   ASOS is not known for consistency in size/fit, for example, so any purchase likely to be a gamble.   I would have to decide between at least three size/width fittings if I was buying anything from ASOS.  

I agree with all these well thought out points.  They address challenges on a micro scale.

For me, I was addressing a broader macro scale cultural and economic momentum that encourages men in heels. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I agree with all these well thought out points.  They address challenges on a micro scale.

For me, I was addressing a broader macro scale cultural and economic momentum that encourages men in heels. 

I get what you're saying, but it is very difficult for many of us to ignore the details, and that's partially because we're already reached the Promised Land, to some degree or another. I do not personally know what it feels like to want to try some kind of style, just because it's in style. I'm trying to imagine a guy buying heels for the first time, saying to himself, "I'd kind of like to try that," having larger than woman-sized feet, and purchasing a pair of these Asos shoes. If they fit ok, he might like them, and purchase another pair at some point in the future. If they don't fit ok, he might well say, "Now I understand why women always bitch about their shoes. I can see that being able to wear high heels out and about is pure fantasy." And then never buy another pair again.

I realize that reviews are not the end-all solution to this problem, but they certainly do help in many ways. Some of this micro stuff is going to end up driving the macro world in the end, at least in the long term. If only one of us could be there to guide every potential newcomer to heels down the slippery slope of an inclined footbed!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I get what you're saying, but it is very difficult for many of us to ignore the details, and that's partially because we're already reached the Promised Land, to some degree or another. I do not personally know what it feels like to want to try some kind of style, just because it's in style. I'm trying to imagine a guy buying heels for the first time, saying to himself, "I'd kind of like to try that," having larger than woman-sized feet, and purchasing a pair of these Asos shoes. If they fit ok, he might like them, and purchase another pair at some point in the future. If they don't fit ok, he might well say, "Now I understand why women always bitch about their shoes. I can see that being able to wear high heels out and about is pure fantasy." And then never buy another pair again.

I realize that reviews are not the end-all solution to this problem, but they certainly do help in many ways. Some of this micro stuff is going to end up driving the macro world in the end, at least in the long term. If only one of us could be there to guide every potential newcomer to heels down the slippery slope of an inclined footbed!

Very good points. I was fortunate in that for a variety of circumstances I was able to get a pair of custom made boots for my first foray into heels and they were superb - luxurious, stylish, beautifully made and the fit was perfect. The heel was stable and very walkable and indeed they were the nicest things in my wardrobe.

Had I not been so fortunate and started out with these boots I doubt I would have anything like the enthusiasm for heels that I have now

There's always a return policy too.  If done within 28 days, shipping is free and a full return is guaranteed.  That reduces risk from the buyer side.

The reality is if one is buying heels from mainstream outlets like ASOS, they are probably niche buyers or ahead of the curve (Innovators and Early Adopters).  I wouldn't expect reviews on mainstream sites b/c the proportion of the population buying heels is small. And then the proportion of those buying heels that will take the time to leave a review is proportionally smaller.

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It is not the promised land we have reached, but gender confused crazy land. As a side effect that means more choice in high heeled footwear and some acceptance wearing them in public. On the downside that means we are alphabet cult adjacent. And that may not be a place we want to be associated with. Especially when the MAP's get in.

I was very lucky. I found my size in women's shoes when I needed some water shoes for an upcoming Christmas trip to Hawaii. They were out on men's in my size, but still had some in similar women's sizes left. The women's size 10 fit my feet great. The next was when I was looking for running shoes that actually fit my feet. Again women's size 10 fit better any any men's running shoe ever did. So when I NEEDED a 4-inch heel to walk I went to a DSW and tried on size 10 in the clearance racks.  Never bought a "men's" shoe since. My feet fit women's shoes so much better. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ASOS continues to offer high-heeled footwear for men (and others).   These ankle boots are now on the website, both available up to UK12:   

image.thumb.png.1951e672470f58940abed1484d03c995.png          image.thumb.png.7d92e502c8756e62ee1d359a735fb96d.png   

The stated heel height on the first is 6"; the second is 4.5".   I will leave others to decide whether they are attractive and wearable, especially given the platforms and/or diamante trim. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

ASOS continues to offer high-heeled footwear for men (and others).   These ankle boots are now on the website, both available up to UK12:   

image.thumb.png.1951e672470f58940abed1484d03c995.png          image.thumb.png.7d92e502c8756e62ee1d359a735fb96d.png   

The stated heel height on the first is 6"; the second is 4.5".   I will leave others to decide whether they are attractive and wearable, especially given the platforms and/or diamante trim. 

I wouldn't wear these heels. I prefer more classic styles.

Yet for the ASOS target market (age 16-30), it probably appeals to their freedom, exploration, and variety (range of choice).

• Like 1

They have the leopard print boots back in stock: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boot-in-faux-leopard-print/prd/203044136?clr=brown&colourWayId=203044145&SearchQuery=mens+heels

I wear mine out quite often and have had several admiring comments. All from women. I don't think men even notice them.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I've always loved the look of the Versace boot (https://www.versace.com/international/en/women/shoes/leather-platform-knee-high-boots-1b00v/1003876-DVT2P_1B00V.html?cgid=130000)

But obviously could never afford it or most likely fit in it.

I just recently ordered these wide-fit boots from Asos

https://www.asos.com/us/public-desire-wide-fit/public-desire-wide-fit-passive-second-skin-over-the-knee-platform-boots-in-black/prd/202809931?clr=black&colourWayId=202809949&SearchQuery=passive&SearchRedirect=true

They came in yesterday... And I've never had a more fitting boot in my life, I even put on dress socks while wearing them. And a wonderful 4 inch arch, as the heel is 6in and platform is 2in.

Wearing them in fact and it feels like a dream.

spacer.png

Edited by HellHeels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HellHeels said:

I've always loved the look of the Versace boot (https://www.versace.com/international/en/women/shoes/leather-platform-knee-high-boots-1b00v/1003876-DVT2P_1B00V.html?cgid=130000)

But obviously could never afford it or most likely fit in it.

I just recently ordered these wide-fit boots from Asos

https://www.asos.com/us/public-desire-wide-fit/public-desire-wide-fit-passive-second-skin-over-the-knee-platform-boots-in-black/prd/202809931?clr=black&colourWayId=202809949&SearchQuery=passive&SearchRedirect=true

They came in yesterday... And I've never had a more fitting boot in my life, I even put on dress socks while wearing them. And a wonderful 4 inch arch, as the heel is 6in and platform is 2in.

Wearing them in fact and it feels like a dream.

spacer.png

Those Asos are great boots indeed.  They look sturdy, comfortable, easy to walk in, powerful, and alluring!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Those Asos are great boots indeed.  They look sturdy, comfortable, easy to walk in, powerful, and alluring!

haha I guess they are Public Desires. They get 3 thumbs up from me.

But I initially thought that only the calf part would be wide, not the shoe itself. What a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, pebblesf said:

OK for Halloween!   Seriously, I hope this early-70s style does not become widespread.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

OK for Halloween!   Seriously, I hope this early-70s style does not become widespread.

Fashion is cyclical. I remember being jealous of girls wearing chunky heels like that in jr high in the mid 90s. And they are back again. 
70s > 90s > 2020s haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HellHeels said:

Fashion is cyclical. I remember being jealous of girls wearing chunky heels like that in jr high in the mid 90s. And they are back again. 
70s > 90s > 2020s haha

Ah - the 1970s: the decade that style forgot!   And it's back with a vengeance: inflation, strikes, fuel shortages and blackouts ...

• Haha 1