Update on life and thanks

flavio

So good. I've done the same thing now. Been wearing openly at work for nearly a year now. Have been no issues at all. My basic work attire now is, high end polo shirt, pants and 5 inch stiletto pumps. Classic pumps and mary janes mostly. No sandals or open toes. I keep 4 pair at my desk. Since it's a factory I'm limited to office only just like anyone else. 

My work space

20220707_130735_resized.jpg

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 5

Awesome! A lot of people have reevaluated their lives and how they want to live it over the last two years. Glad to hear you are in a supportive environment. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

1 hour ago, Rockpup said:

Awesome! A lot of people have reevaluated their lives and how they want to live it over the last two years. Glad to hear you are in a supportive environment. 

Yes, the last two years are big part of the decision in my case too.

3 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

So good. I've done the same thing now. Been wearing openly at work for nearly a year now. Have been no issues at all. My basic work attire now is, high end polo shirt, pants and 5 inch stiletto pumps. Classic pumps and mary janes mostly. No sandals or open toes. I keep 4 pair at my desk. Since it's a factory I'm limited to office only just like anyone else. 

I'm in the information technology industry so no security restrictions.

Your Pumps look great on you, thanks for sharing. Very classy.

Since I don't change at work and I have to walk a lot, I'm more into boots and block heels for comfort, but also the overall look. It might change in the near future...

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

8 minutes ago, flavio said:

I'm in the information technology industry so no security restrictions.

It's not security as much as safety. The brown shoes in the photo are steel toed safety shoes.

I'll switch to boots in the autumn. 

Keep heeling my friend. My shoes have been used with good humor by me putting coworkers initially at ease. Have not been a butt of any I'll humor and my respect within the building is as high as ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

It's not security as much as safety. The brown shoes in the photo are steel toed safety shoes.

I wanted to say safety but my Latin origins caught me again. In Portuguese (my mother language) we say "segurança" for both safety and security. 😃

• Like 2

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Congratulations @flavio!!!!!!  The biggest impediment is usually ourselves.  The first few times are always the hardest. Then they become mundane. I been wear heels to work since 2011.  Originally they were shorties, 2-3 inch types. worn with pants that hide them.  Even at 2 inches people noticed I was a little taller. I have been wearing heels with around 4+ inch rise between platform and heel since 2015, but still think twice about some things.

For example, I had been working from home since March 2020 and I will be on-site for only 6 weeks in June and July before going back to on-line. On Tuesday I wore my Jessica Simpson's blue suede stiletto booties to work, see Jeans and Heels thread for a picture, but debated if I should wear them into a large mall to return some pants. I even brought another pair of heels to wear.  But after some reflective thought I wore them into the mall, did my return and walked back to my car and left to avoid traffic. I was happy I didn't give into my fears.

• Like 1

I am glad you are able to do the full time heeling thing. In my profession, even if I were a woman I would not be able to do so, but I get what you mean by there is a big difference between a few outings and living an entire day (or an entire life) in heels. A difference in attitude, and also a difference in endurance!

21 hours ago, flavio said:

Hi everyone

I just want to let you know that, from this week on, I have started wearing high heels to work.

I'm on this forum since the beginning of the 2000's, have worn heels in public sometimes, have observed society reactions on the subject, have lived a hidden life, have shared some pictures with you.

Time has come. I work in a very supportive company where diversity is encouraged, so people will work better and be more creative, express how we are is very important.

I said beforehand what I was going to do, so people could get prepared and avoid bad laughs. After that, I just did it. Commuting, street walking in plain daylight in rush hours, going to take a lunch, believe me, I was nervous at first but it was a lot better and safer than doing it at night in empty streets with freaky bystanders. Needless to say, it was uneventful. Colleagues were supportive and welcoming. I felt normal.

For those who never did it, whatever the reason is, I'd like to say that living a real day in heels is a lot different than other types of outing. It's real life. It's hard to explain. It's vibrant, fun, I felt complete. Do it if you can do it safely and if you feel like.

This forum is a part of me, people here are inspiring. I'm happy because of what I did so you should know because you're part of it, my time to share.

So that's it - thanks to all.

Keep moving on.

Life is short.

Be yourself.

Well said indeed

• Like 1

Your experience is very similar to mine.  If you enjoy wearing heels and gals shoes, do it.  As you are discovering most folks don't care, and many more are supportive.  

Enjoy your heels....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

flavio,

It warmed my heart to read this. It's nice when a decision, long in the making, is supported by those around you. I can't remember how long you've been in France but am comforted to see you have found your groove there.

Thanks for sharing and trusting us for that's why we're here. Nous vous remercions de partager et de nous faire confiance. C'est notre raison d'etre. Obrigado por compartilhar e confiar em nos. Por isso estarmos aqui. HinH

• Like 3