Jeans and Heels

Cali

p1ng74 : You and I have met . I do not believe you are old enough to have been around when hippies were in flower. miroseplant is correct. Those people were not only barefooted but smelled . If they did wear flipflops or shoes , the legs of the bell bottoms were so long they walked/stepped all over the pant legs . It seamed there was NO class in those days .   Groovy-Far out .     Mike

Hahaha.....   This is getting funny.  Wavy Gravy, the frisco “icon” from the glorious 60’s once said, “if you remember the 60’s you weren’t there man.”  I was at the tail end of that period and I do have memories, so I guess I wasn’t there, and that is fine with me.  Being drug addicted and unemployed wasn’t my bag.  However I did have long hair and some paisley shirts (still have a few - he he), and flared bell bottom pants that I wore all the time, along with my ever present gals flat sandals.  Had not been bitten by the hh bug till later.  

The 60’s and 70’s, interesting times indeed....  smile

sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

Hahaha.....   This is getting funny.  Wavy Gravy, the frisco “icon” from the glorious 60’s once said, “if you remember the 60’s you weren’t there man.”  I was at the tail end of that period and I do have memories, so I guess I wasn’t there, and that is fine with me.

The 60’s and 70’s, interesting times indeed....  smile

sf

I'm beginning to think we have more gray beards (me included) than not here at HHP.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

I'm beginning to think we have more gray beards (me included) than not here at HHP.

That’s why I shave mine off all the time!!! 

59 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Yea, October will mark 20 years as a member here >.>

(formerly known as "JimC")

I remember back in the summer of 1970 when I was a kid, spending a couple of days at a place in the Haigh Ashbury with a couple of acquaintances of my folks who could pass as the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am way more concerned about why you continue to take poorly exposed photos of ratty old wedges that by all rights should be in the landfill. I say this in good faith, because I have an equally ratty pair of shoes that I'm probably going to post about soon. And now, to actually address the subject, if TikTok is any indication, those jeans need to be an inch or two longer to be the "correct" style. The problem with that is, then you don't get to show off your shoes. No wonder them hippies went around barefoot everywhere.

Lets answer these criticisms.  The quality is low do to reducing to fit the size limitation here and the lighting.  I have an old (tear-me-down) so limited lighting when I leave in the morning and I have only one place set up for pictures now.

About the ratty old wedges - one word COMFORT. These wedges are like wearing sneakers to me now. Late for work, slip them on and off I go.  Don't have to be concerned where I put my foot down when I walk in them.  I have a new pair of these heels in a box.  Maybe one day soon I will take them out, but until then......

These flair jeans have 33 inch inseam, so I guess I need to get a tall version of the jeans to make TikTok, but I don't look at TikTok anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cali said:

About the ratty old wedges - one word COMFORT. These wedges are like wearing sneakers to me now. Late for work, slip them on and off I go.  Don't have to be concerned where I put my foot down when I walk in them.  I have a new pair of these heels in a box.  Maybe one day soon I will take them out, but until then......

I'm with you, I so prefer well worn heels from a comfort perspective. When I get the perfect pump I where them even more to get them even better. 

10 hours ago, Cali said:

Lets answer these criticisms.  The quality is low do to reducing to fit the size limitation here and the lighting.  I have an old (tear-me-down) so limited lighting when I leave in the morning and I have only one place set up for pictures now.

These flair jeans have 33 inch inseam, so I guess I need to get a tall version of the jeans to make TikTok, but I don't look at TikTok anyway.

It wasn't really a criticism, just a scientific observation, phrased in a tradesman's manner of delivery. Anyway, like I said, I have shoes like that, and one of them yielded up the ghost last night. 'Twas a sad day.

17 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I think it's probably the general format. I don't see us attracting a lot of younger folks by the nature of a lot of our discussions. In addition to that, it does seem like most of us have had to get some age on us in order to stop caring what other people think. Having achieved financial stability and  professional respect really helps out a great deal, also.

• Like 2