Jeans and Heels

Cali

Hi All,

I'm starting this thread so that we can leave the legging thread to leggings only.  I also wear leggings.

So here's what it about, how do you pair you heels with you jeans.  Do you hide your heels, do you show them off.  Skinny, straight, flair, etc.  

Jeans:  make and maybe size; shoes: brand and name.

And a picture.

Lately I have been on a stiletto kick, haven't been going into work, so rarely wear my stilettos.  Wore my Jessica Simpson knee boots last week and today another Jessica Simpson stiletto booties, Riene,

jeans are Express high FlexX skinny in high rise  medium.  FlexX covers several sizes with outrageous stretch. 

jeanHeel 01H.JPG

I these JS Riene's in other colors too.  I have the JS Rachie

RachieLeggings.JPG

Then I got the JS Raxen picture below (remember I love my stilettos!) but they just don't fit. Three similar styles, I have the other two in the Red, Blue (Navy), and Black.

I normally wear a size 10, but in Jessica Simpsons I need a size 11.

Raxen01H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

All right, something else to run with and have fun with! First of all, it was literally 100º here yesterday, so I can't imagine voluntarily wearing skinny jeans and boots, but we'll set that aside for a minute, being as this forum is international in nature. At any rate, looking good Cali.

Like many of us, I started out wearing boot cut jeans in a floor grazing length... Whoops, I'm out of time, it's time to make the donuts (this is a reference to an old television commercial, and means I have to go to work). I'll come back tomorrow and actually begin.

• Haha 3

To answer @mlroseplant question statement, we have had a cold front the past week with temps in the low 60's in the morning and mid 70's in the afternoon.  Should warm up later this week and I will be back to shorts. But today I wore my black Express high rise in High FlexX and these Steve Madden sandals.  First time I have wore these sandals, BUT look at CaliWorld to see what happened.

7_6_22H.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rockpup said:

I have a pair of Levis 510 skinny jeans to go with pumps. 

0B6EACB1-2086-4155-BCED-740D4D32F0A3.jpeg

And a pair of 511 slim fit jeans for boots. 

5C9D955F-3B6A-47E0-AED8-0FA1C5CF1BDE.jpeg

I love your pumps but I could never stand in those ballet heels.

Jeans.PNG

• Like 2

All right, so after another incredibly disgusting day at work, I can talk about jeans without actually wearing them. As I was saying before, I started off wearing boot cut jeans in a quite long length, in an attempt to hide my heels. This style was not unknown for women, though it may have been slightly out of date by the time I was wearing it. I can remember several years prior working at the State Capitol Building, and the young, smartly dressed female lobbyists would come in with their sleek pantsuits. The style at the time was to have flared pants that nearly touched the floor, pretty much hiding the shoes. All you could see was just the tiniest pins of stilettos peeking out of the bottoms. It drove me crazy not being able to get a good look at the shoes, so I figured I could use the same concept to my advantage when I didn't want people to see my shoes. The problem with that was, I often wore clogs or mules, and I would always get the hem of the pants caught in between my foot and the insole of the shoe. It seemed like I was always straightening or rearranging my pants.

What freedom it was when I finally decided to go with a straight cut jean that stopped at the ankle! Suddenly I could sit or stand, climb stairs, get in and  out of cars without worrying about my damn pants. I cannot recall exactly when this transition took place, but it was at least a couple years after I started heeling publicly. I finally got rid of all but two pair of boot cut jeans last year. I realized they were hanging in my wardrobe unused for several years. Once in a blue moon I will wear the boot cuts, just to remember why I stopped wearing them.

I do not remember making a conscious choice to wear skinny jeans for the first time. Truth to tell, I don't really love them because they're a pain to get on and off, and often they are lacking pockets where there ought to be pockets.  In addition to that, they tend to bunch up once you've actually moved around in them, giving you that wrinkled look. I prefer a slightly looser design, but still quite slim. I am not loyal to any particular brand, I get most of my stuff at Costco or Walmart.

I have jeans in quite a few different colors, as well. Here are some in pale pink, although my friend thought they looked lavender. Perhaps they do in this photo, but trust me, they are pale pink.

SöfftFusciaOutfit.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/5/2022 at 7:36 PM, Cali said:

Hi All,

I'm starting this thread so that we can leave the legging thread to leggings only.  I also wear leggings.

So here's what it about, how do you pair you heels with you jeans.  Do you hide your heels, do you show them off.  Skinny, straight, flair, etc.  

Jeans:  make and maybe size; shoes: brand and name.

And a picture.

Lately I have been on a stiletto kick, haven't been going into work, so rarely wear my stilettos.  Wore my Jessica Simpson knee boots last week and today another Jessica Simpson stiletto booties, Riene,

jeans are Express high FlexX skinny in high rise  medium.  FlexX covers several sizes with outrageous stretch. 

jeanHeel 01H.JPG

I these JS Riene's in other colors too.  I have the JS Rachie

RachieLeggings.JPG

Then I got the JS Raxen picture below (remember I love my stilettos!) but they just don't fit. Three similar styles, I have the other two in the Red, Blue (Navy), and Black.

I normally wear a size 10, but in Jessica Simpsons I need a size 11.

Raxen01H.jpg

Nice heels and a nice mani, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Me at work. Not sure why it's so uncomfortable posing. Never feels normal.  Anyway, my neighbor coworker is not in yet but this would be his pov. 

Could never ask him to take a pic.

20220708_071655_resized.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/6/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rockpup said:

I have a pair of Levis 510 skinny jeans to go with pumps. 

0B6EACB1-2086-4155-BCED-740D4D32F0A3.jpeg

And a pair of 511 slim fit jeans for boots. 

5C9D955F-3B6A-47E0-AED8-0FA1C5CF1BDE.jpeg

Perfect combination, wish I could rock 510s nicely like this

On 7/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, Cali said:

To answer @mlroseplant question statement, we have had a cold front the past week with temps in the low 60's in the morning and mid 70's in the afternoon.  Should warm up later this week and I will be back to shorts. But today I wore my black Express high rise in High FlexX and these Steve Madden sandals.  First time I have wore these sandals, BUT look at CaliWorld to see what happened.

7_6_22H.JPG

Perfect fit!

@Jkrenzer

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wish I could do that, but in the field in construction would not work to well!!

Has anyone seen a 5" single sole stiletto with steel toes?  I can't seem to find them!!!

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CAT said:

@Jkrenzer

Has anyone seen a 5" single sole stiletto with steel toes?  I can't seem to find them!!!

I have a pair from FSJ. Should bring them in. Have mentioned to these guys I have "SAFETY" stilettos. Next week I'll try to remember. Should go over well I think.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

I have a pair from FSJ. Should bring them in. Have mentioned to these guys I have "SAFETY" stilettos. Next week I'll try to remember. Should go over well I think.

ARE YOU JOKING ME!!!!  I was joking!  lets see them 

This was me from earlier this this was the first time I wore these boots on a night out snd and people were very impressed by the shoes alone, and even got a nice remark from a trans person as well.

Screenshot_20220212-005944_Discord.jpg

• Like 2

Jeans and heels, love it.  I have always been a "jeans" kinda guy.  When I was bitten by the high heel bug, about 30 years ago, I was a bit hesitant (shy) to be out and about in heels.  So like many of us I wore long pants to cover the shoes so I could enjoy being out in heels with minimal attraction, especially since that was not my purpose anyway.  

As time has gone by, I have become much more confident in being out in heels and the length of my pants has gotten shorter, exposing more of the shoes.  

I still mostly wear "guys" pants, all styles, with my heels.  Over the years I had heard about gals jeans, being comfortable (stretchy) and fitting nicely.  Several years ago, I was going through some drawers and found a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans, size 12 regular length, that were my wife's but she no longer wears that style.  I tried them on and they fit!  And they were "stretchy," looked nice and were comfortable.  So, with her "reluctant" permission, I commandeered them - she eventually relinquished and now they are mine.  ha ha

But she is a short gal and so were the pants, being regular length.  Not capri length, but definitely short.  When I put on my heels, the entire shoe, and some of my ankle was exposed.  I went with it and really liked the look.  A few people have commented about my pants looking fine, and I usually tell them that they are in fact gals pants.  My wife calls them my "Glorias."  

However the pants are short.  For the times when I want a longer pant, I now have several pair of GV Amanda jeans (size 12 tall) that are longer and aside from the GV logo (note the right pocket in photo) look like a regular pair of jeans.  I have a 32-34 inch waist depending on the pants.  

I do not wear the GV's exclusively, I mix them up with my other guy jeans and cargo pants.  But overall, I do find the gals jeans to be more comfortable, since the material is a bit more flexible and the cut is slightly more relaxed.  

Here is a cropped pic of me wearing the "Glorias," short length, with one of my favorite pair of VanEli kitten heeled sandals.  

Yes, wearing jeans and heels is fun!  smile...   sf

IMG_0050.thumb.jpg.0e6b8d35bc8bf9ce685827583c5f861c.jpg

• Like 6

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I guess I don't consider those to be "short," as that's the length I have on pretty much all my pants, jean or otherwise. To be sure, it would be quite short for boot cut style jeans, but with a cut that slim, you really wouldn't want it to be that much longer, or it will just bunch up once it hits the tops of your feet, yeah? Of course, with skinny jeans, or even skinny-ish jeans, it's not physically possible to have them very much longer than your "cropped" (HA!) photo.

All,

Nice topic indeed as I suspect many of us have evolved our style over the years. I started wearing heels with bootcut jeans where the bottom 1-2" (2.5-5cm) or so of the heels were visible. Later I tried mid and high rise skinny jeans with either wedge sandals or pumps. Now I'll even wear shorts with wedges. HinH

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Cali said:

Maybe one day you will evolve to shorts with stilettos or knee high or both.  There's no hiding with shorts and heels.

Yea, I have gotten more surprised looks wearing shorts with heels then with pants.

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

31 minutes ago, StilettoLuv said:

Lovely Mules. I love the style and that ultra thin heel. Are they a bit precarious if you need to walk a lot during the day?

They aren't too bad. Mostly getting used to. Not as easy as pumps.

Being the fashion diva I am (JK) I decided to get a pair of the new flair jeans that's the new style and see how they look.  New jeans for under $20, couldn't resist.

Flare22H.JPG

• Like 4

Way to go Cali . Somthing NEW. That style went out with the hippies after the 1970s . Flair bell bottom pants were no good then , Nither were the hippies .YES I knew many of them when I went to Sierra Academy of Aeronautics in Oakland, California in1969-1970 . Peace dude . Mike

Flair is the jean style for 2022, so as a fashion icon I had to get a pair.  I still have a paisley shirt but no longer have the mid-back pony tail or the pork chop side burns.

• Like 1

I am no so much concerned with whether flared jeans are intrinsically good or not. I am way more concerned about why you continue to take poorly exposed photos of ratty old wedges that by all rights should be in the landfill. I say this in good faith, because I have an equally ratty pair of shoes that I'm probably going to post about soon. And now, to actually address the subject, if TikTok is any indication, those jeans need to be an inch or two longer to be the "correct" style. The problem with that is, then you don't get to show off your shoes. No wonder them hippies went around barefoot everywhere.

Personally never liked the look. I was a bit young for the hippie style, born in '63 so it was at its peak when I was 10. My 1st adult style was the early 80's which may explain my love for stilettos.