Leggings

mickeyunc

On 6/1/2022 at 12:09 AM, temp said:

I always wear leggings. Full length.all are under Armour and Nike . I find they have the best fit/ length. I like the sporty look with heels .

I wore my capri leggings to the nail salon today for a mani / pedi. You guys got off track with skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are not leggings. I wore my leggings  a patriotic pair in black with red, white and blue stars on them with my white Worthington (Penny's) slides open toe in white. Got a few compliments at the nail salon on both my leggings and heels. Incidentally I got my bright red color on my toes and clear gel over a light pink polish on my hands. On my little pinkies I got art deco for the 4th of July. Both with a white base, left pinkie with a American Flag and right pinkie with exploding fire works in red and blue. Very colorful . Already had a nice compliment on my mani from my friend, the checkout gal in Walmart, who knows that I wear heels, leggings and color on my toes and hands.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

This time of year it's all capri leggings for me. Ankle length leggings for early spring or fall. When you wear capri leggings you really show off your heels!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On Thursday, after getting my mani done incidentally I got my clear gel on fingers with my little pinkies , left one royal blue base with white flowers and my right one with a white base and royal blue flowers. I did get compliments when I attended my grand-daughters wedding later that day.

What happened after the mani is what I'm addressing in here . There is a new boutique that opened up recently next to my nail salon. When I walked past I caught something on the manikin in the window that I liked. It was a pair of red, white and blue leggings in a camo design. I went in and the owner of the shop, who I found out later, came out from the back to offer her help. I told her that I liked the leggings in the window. I was already wearing capri leggings with heeled sandal slides. She was very cordial to me and was very helpful. I told her my size and she asked me if I wanted to try them on and I said yes. I went to the changing room in back and put them on. I liked my look in the mirror and walked back out . She said that the leggings looked great on me and with my white polo shirt and white sandals were a perfect match. She noticed my mani and my red pedi and asked if I go to the nail salon next door. Of course I said yes. She too goes there for her mani's and pedi's. She asked me what do I think about the leggings. I said I want them, so we proceeded to the check-out. At that point she asked me if she could show me anything else. She said we're having a sale on accessories and showed me some items. She was very helpful. I looked but declined. I asked her about heels, she said what size, I said 11. She said we only carry up to size 9 but can order some styles in a size 10 and 11. I said that was great to know.

I can't get over how helpful she was helping me, a guy in a women's boutique, After I paid for my purchase she said stop in again and I replied I certainly will. It was a great day getting my mani and shopping at the new boutique.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

Bluejay....   Very nice story.  I had a similar experience at a Torrid store last week.  Many folks realize that guys too can look nice (pretty?) in gals "stuff."

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Every time I wear my sherpa I have both men and women asked where I got it because they want one too. Clothes, like shoes, have no gender, that's a label people apply.

I think more men would wear leggings if they had footballs, basketballs, etc. on them

• Like 1

• 1 year later...