Leggings

mickeyunc

2 hours ago, mickeyunc said:

How many of us wear leggings with heels?  Maybe share a pic or 2?

image.thumb.jpeg.0b96e35120889efa526633a455c51b8d.jpegC419C085-C52A-4C74-A1C7-02128E1700E2.thumb.jpeg.a49607c48fb508771b55e5ff2836a2d2.jpeg6335E662-8682-4B3E-AC0D-00A7F04601A1.thumb.jpeg.c41f75b498e79ed102d224048cc0b0e6.jpeg83FFD15C-052D-4DEB-AA1C-B7E6BCC7FE15.thumb.jpeg.6b53907c1343cb4ae8a6ce799e9ea993.jpegC955F0AF-CE85-4B9E-8148-1796242663D0.thumb.jpeg.fb52062abb4900eb3b1514b83ec9a64a.jpeg5D5E2B6C-BEA2-4A92-AB49-78B66B11BE43.thumb.jpeg.ff0f26ded9ecd81e0bc6b596163b2a43.jpeg20411028-45B2-4F44-B736-3D323CC5C7F4.thumb.jpeg.8595b6fbed472e22a6f9de30bf8387aa.jpeg

I am in leggings all the time, from casual to dressed up, you  should all try it, much more comfortable then jeans!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CAT said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0b96e35120889efa526633a455c51b8d.jpegC419C085-C52A-4C74-A1C7-02128E1700E2.thumb.jpeg.a49607c48fb508771b55e5ff2836a2d2.jpeg6335E662-8682-4B3E-AC0D-00A7F04601A1.thumb.jpeg.c41f75b498e79ed102d224048cc0b0e6.jpeg83FFD15C-052D-4DEB-AA1C-B7E6BCC7FE15.thumb.jpeg.6b53907c1343cb4ae8a6ce799e9ea993.jpegC955F0AF-CE85-4B9E-8148-1796242663D0.thumb.jpeg.fb52062abb4900eb3b1514b83ec9a64a.jpeg5D5E2B6C-BEA2-4A92-AB49-78B66B11BE43.thumb.jpeg.ff0f26ded9ecd81e0bc6b596163b2a43.jpeg20411028-45B2-4F44-B736-3D323CC5C7F4.thumb.jpeg.8595b6fbed472e22a6f9de30bf8387aa.jpeg

I am in leggings all the time, from casual to dressed up, you  should all try it, much more comfortable then jeans!!!

Sure wish I had your nice legs buddy.  D

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

I would really love to try leggings, but have short "chicken legs".  Was thinking about some of those athletic leggings also, even though I'm no athlete...

Short legs, try petite length.  Know you size and look at the different lengths available.  

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I would really love to try leggings, but have short "chicken legs".  Was thinking about some of those athletic leggings also, even though I'm no athlete...

Go to Lululemon, they will hem(shorten) at no charge pretty much the only brand I own

• Like 1

Lululemon leggings are nice BUT pricey.  I have legging from various sources.  Compression leggings are great for sporting endeavors. I really like my textured pairs from Express and wished I had bought more therma leggings from VSX while they sold them.  And I do wear them in public with heels.

Today I wore a related garment, the yoga pant. Less compression and flared legs, pic when I have time.

• Like 1

I don't think they are pricey at all, and with 5 girls in the house besides me it is a big expense, ALL the time.  We have all tried other brands and nothing has held up as good.  Wash after wash, some favorite pairs are constantly worn.  If you look at Alo, Carbon 38, Athleta,,,, 100 bucks plus or minus is what leggings cost. Girls have tried the VSX, GymShark, Navigation, they stretch out during wearing, don't last after a years worth of washings.  They all don't hold as well when your wearing them at the gym everyday

Just my experience

• Like 1

You guys have plenty of good information, would love to wear a pair....

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you guys will have good answers for me.  Many have recommended that I get some tight gurl jeans instead of my usual le)vis 511s.  So, finally spent some time at a thrift store looking, and buying.  I found a guide about converting men's to women's jean sizes (something about subtracting 21 from the men's size to convert to women's.  So, I have a 34" waist, figured I would wear size 12 women's jeans.  Bought a couple of pairs of size 11/12 "lucky brand" jeans, along with one pair of girl's levis in the same size.  The waist size seems about right, my dad bod takes up most of the stretch in the waist, but the legs aren't quite at tight as I had hoped.  Although the lucky brand seem a little tighter than the levis.  Won't know for sure until tomorrow when I get to wear them out with my new ankle boots.  Was talking to another boot lover online who said I need to downsize quite a bit, he has a 34" waist also, says he wears size 8-10.  How could that be?  What do you guys think, let me know what sizes you wear, provided that is not an offensive question to ask.    Won't new jeans shrink after washing?  

I suppose this is a case where I should go to an actual retail store and try on different sizes and styles that I might like...

Thanks  Don

I wear Levi's, Express, and a few other brands of jeans.  Sizing is inconsistent because of many things. How flexible are the jeans? Are they "curvy"?

Levi' come in width and length, others in only petite, regular, long fixed lengths. I have some Hyper-flex jeans from Express in "M" that are a range of sizes. I have many size 10 and one size 8. And then you have the rise: low, mid, high, sky high, ...

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I suppose this is a case where I should go to an actual retail store and try on different sizes and styles that I might like...

Thanks  Don

The best thing to do is to go try on different sizes and styles.  I not saying go try and buy, but go find what fits so you know what to look for.  Go to a Levi's store and try on as many as you like.  The staff is use to men trying on women's jeans as well as women trying on men's jeans. Go to other brick and mortar places and try jeans on.  But most importantly, have fun.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cali said:

I wear Levi's, Express, and a few other brands of jeans.  Sizing is inconsistent because of many things. How flexible are the jeans? Are they "curvy"?

Levi' come in width and length, others in only petite, regular, long fixed lengths. I have some Hyper-flex jeans from Express in "M" that are a range of sizes. I have many size 10 and one size 8. And then you have the rise: low, mid, high, sky high, ...

The best thing to do is to go try on different sizes and styles.  I not says go try and buy, but go find what fits so you know what to look for.  Go to a Levi's store and try on as many as you like.  The staff is use to men trying on women's jeans as well as women trying on men's jeans. Go o other brick and mortar places and try jeans on.  But most importantly, have fun.

Makes sense for sure, thanks Cali

• Like 1

I have a nominal 30" waist, though the actual measurement is 31-ish. I pretty consistently wear size 4. Or size 27, if you go off a different scale. Except when I don't. Every once in a while, size 4 will not button up, but size 6 is usually way too big. I can occasionally wear juniors, anywhere from size 3 to size 7 (size 7 requires a belt for sure). With pretty much everything, I have to have it hemmed.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 6:50 AM, mlroseplant said:

I have a nominal 30" waist, though the actual measurement is 31-ish. I pretty consistently wear size 4. Or size 27, if you go off a different scale. Except when I don't. Every once in a while, size 4 will not button up, but size 6 is usually way too big. I can occasionally wear juniors, anywhere from size 3 to size 7 (size 7 requires a belt for sure). With pretty much everything, I have to have it hemmed.

It was like Cali said in the Levis store, the women's jeans did have waist/inseam sizes on them.  But, I don't think those measurements can be equated with the men sizes we might normally wear.  Women are built differently, have different curves, and pants sit differently.  Nonetheless, it seemed helpful to me, directing me a little closer to a size I might be able to wear.  But, it seemed confusing to me that no conventional women's sizes were listed on the tags.  Nonetheless, seems like women's styles might be changing (duh, no that was a dumb observation), because I didn't say much labeling about stretch/super skinny etc.  Most of the jeans were 501s, high waisted, which I wasn't really interested in.  Wore these conventional 512s for many hours yesterday, tucked in and out of the boots.  I think I made the right choice, at least in terms of what the store had to offer.   Will work on pictures later.  

30" waist!  Dang, you take good care of yourself Melroseplant!  

2 hours ago, mickeyunc said:

i believe we gotoff the rail here.

sorry, didn't mean to derail the original discussion.  D

It was like Cali said in the Levis store, the women's jeans did have waist/inseam sizes on them.  But, I don't think those measurements can be equated with the men sizes we might normally wear.  Women are built differently, have different curves, and pants sit differently.  Nonetheless, it seemed helpful to me, directing me a little closer to a size I might be able to wear.  But, it seemed confusing to me that no conventional women's sizes were listed on the tags.  Nonetheless, seems like women's styles might be changing (duh, no that was a dumb observation), because I didn't say much labeling about stretch/super skinny etc.  Most of the jeans were 501s, high waisted, which I wasn't really interested in.  Wore these conventional 512s for many hours yesterday, tucked in and out of the boots.  I think I made the right choice, at least in terms of what the store had to offer.   Will work on pictures later.  

30" waist!  Dang, you take good care of yourself Melroseplant!  

I hope you tried on many styles while there. I wear 311's, size 30 x 30, mid rise, I like the shaping of the 311's.  I was thinking that 501's might work for you.  You are correct, the variety of sizes and shapes can be overwhelming and confusing. I also have a  pair of curvy jeans size 8 that fit great. It's like heels, you got to try many to find that one that fits right.  Might try Express and look at legging while there.

Flare jeans are the current fashion.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I also have a 33-34 waist.  Give Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans a try.  I have several pair, size 12 is tight, but not overly so, and size 14 is a bit loose / baggy.  Depending on what I am wearing both sizes work, but I do lean towards the size 12 most of the time.  I have both tall and regular sizes, the tall is ankle length, the regular is a bit shorter, all the better to show off your heels!  They are stretchy, comfy, come in several colors and look stylish too.  I have gotten most of my "Amanda's" from Costco.  

Have fun....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

11 hours ago, Cali said:

I hope you tried on many styles while there. I wear 311's, size 30 x 30, mid rise, I like the shaping of the 311's.  I was thinking that 501's might work for you.  You are correct, the variety of sizes and shapes can be overwhelming and confusing. I also have a  pair of curvy jeans size 8 that fit great. It's like heels, you got to try many to find that one that fits right.  Might try Express and look at legging while there.

Flare jeans are the current fashion.

Yes, I did look at the 311s, but didn't try them on because I thought they were tagged as "high rise". The sales women did spend considerable time with me, they steered me back to the 512s, claiming that the lower legs were actually tighter than the 510s.  Like you say, seems like women's jeans are trending back towards flared/loose legs, which I'm not interested in.  I did like the fit of the thrifted lucky brand jeans I bought, but can't deal with the lack of useable pockets.  Why the heck do they make them that way, the levis women's pockets were the same.  Perhaps they just figure women will be carrying some sort of bag/clutch.  I did take some pictures of the 512s, but phone is messed up so will post them when I can.  I do want to try leggings, walked by the lululemon store, but remember you all saying they are pricey.  

16 hours ago, mickeyunc said:

i believe we gotoff the rail here.

7 hours ago, SF said:

I also have a 33-34 waist.  Give Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans a try.  I have several pair, size 12 is tight, but not overly so, and size 14 is a bit loose / baggy.  Depending on what I am wearing both sizes work, but I do lean towards the size 12 most of the time.  I have both tall and regular sizes, the tall is ankle length, the regular is a bit shorter, all the better to show off your heels!  They are stretchy, comfy, come in several colors and look stylish too.  I have gotten most of my "Amanda's" from Costco.  

Have fun....   sf

OK, so the information I got from someone saying I should try sizing down from 11/12s is probably unrealistic.  I got 34-32s in the levis 512s.  

Yes, I did look at the 311s, but didn't try them on because I thought they were tagged as "high rise". The sales women did spend considerable time with me, they steered me back to the 512s, claiming that the lower legs were actually tighter than the 510s.  Like you say, seems like women's jeans are trending back towards flared/loose legs, which I'm not interested in.  I did like the fit of the thrifted lucky brand jeans I bought, but can't deal with the lack of useable pockets.  Why the heck do they make them that way, the levis women's pockets were the same.  Perhaps they just figure women will be carrying some sort of bag/clutch.  I did take some pictures of the 512s, but phone is messed up so will post them when I can.  I do want to try leggings, walked by the lululemon store, but remember you all saying they are pricey.  

OK, so the information I got from someone saying I should try sizing down from 11/12s is probably unrealistic.  I got 34-32s in the levis 512s.  

311's are mid rise with small pockets. Pockets are found in high rise jeans.  Try lululemon leggings, Try Athletica legging, try  ... only way to find what fits.  Then you know what to look for at thrift stores.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pumped said:

Do you want tight jeans? Levis 710 Super Skinny, tight to the angle, mid rise. I have a couple pairs.

Wish they had the 710s at the store, but didn't see them....  Would love to try them

8 hours ago, Cali said:

LOL.  Can't get those 710 over my calves.

Wish I had nice calves/thighs, would glady forfeit fitting into super skinnys

29 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Wish they had the 710s at the store, but didn't see them....  Would love to try them

Wish I had nice calves/thighs, would glady forfeit fitting into super skinnys

I see plenty of 710s on ebay.  Any advice on the sizing, I see they have conventional waist sizes posted.  Do these waist sizes correspond to guys' waist sizes, or do you need to size up/down from the women's waist sizes posted?

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I see plenty of 710s on ebay.  Any advice on the sizing, I see they have conventional waist sizes posted.  Do these waist sizes correspond to guys' waist sizes, or do you need to size up/down from the women's waist sizes posted?

I size them by hip size, although my waist is pretty close too. They ride right above the hips  so IMO waist measurement is senseless. They fit snug almost to the ankles. The ankles have a bit of room and I am glad they do or I would never get them off!

I buy Levi's 710 jeans on Amazon.

Amazon Levis 710

22 hours ago, Cali said:

LOL.  Can't get those 710 over my calves.

If you have thick legs and narrow hips you probably will not get them on!

I am fairly slim. I buy a size 7 or 29 and wear a 29" waist in men's jeans. My legs are not very thick. When I buy women's thigh or knee boots they often fit loose. It is tough to wear a size 10 women's boot when they size the leg for the typical woman with a size 10 foot.

• Like 2

I have friends who ran track decades ago and they are envious of my calves. Comes from growing up on the top of a hill.  I buy size 10 jeans or 31". Knee high and thigh high size 10 boots are snug (not tight) on my legs. 311's are as slim as I can go and keep blood flow to my legs.  I also like high-flex jeans in medium which are size 8 thru 10.

• Like 1

I always wear leggings. Full length.all are under Armour and Nike . I find they have the best fit/ length. I like the sporty look with heels .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

https://youtu.be/EuPPVDc3oYc I'll go one better and share a video of me in a few pairs. They are by Kapow and they are mainly made for the male bottom half.

https://youtu.be/_77TXsMk424 I will also share another video of me in my silver pair of Kapow mens leggings.

Alex!  Thanks buddy, I watch your youtube videos all the time.   Don aka don k or kramden on youtube.  

7 hours ago, temp said:

I always wear leggings. Full length.all are under Armour and Nike . I find they have the best fit/ length. I like the sporty look with heels .

I agree, and want to try some nike stuff as well.  Are yours found in the men's or women's section?  Don't know if I can pull off the look, but interested in trying anyway

8 hours ago, Cali said:

I have friends who ran track decades ago and they are envious of my calves. Comes from growing up on the top of a hill.  I buy size 10 jeans or 31". Knee high and thigh high size 10 boots are snug (not tight) on my legs. 311's are as slim as I can go and keep blood flow to my legs.  I also like high-flex jeans in medium which are size 8 thru 10.

OK, so I am not that far off thinking I would wear women's size 11-12 jeans, my normal waist size is 33-34".  

9 hours ago, Pumped said:

I size them by hip size, although my waist is pretty close too. They ride right above the hips  so IMO waist measurement is senseless. They fit snug almost to the ankles. The ankles have a bit of room and I am glad they do or I would never get them off!

I buy Levi's 710 jeans on Amazon.

Amazon Levis 710

If you have thick legs and narrow hips you probably will not get them on!

I am fairly slim. I buy a size 7 or 29 and wear a 29" waist in men's jeans. My legs are not very thick. When I buy women's thigh or knee boots they often fit loose. It is tough to wear a size 10 women's boot when they size the leg for the typical woman with a size 10 foot.

Jeez, you are nice and slim.  Don't mind admitting I am envious, but I'm sure maintaining a nice lean figure is the result of exercise and good diet.  So, you have a 29" waist and wear 710s size 29?  I don't have thick legs (kinda wish I did, but need to be careful what I wish for), or narrow hips, so I'm thinking that 33 or 34" 710s will probably fit..  

Alex!  Thanks buddy, I watch your youtube videos all the time.   Don aka don k or kramden on youtube.  

I agree, and want to try some nike stuff as well.  Are yours found in the men's or women's section?  Don't know if I can pull off the look, but interested in trying anyway

OK, so I am not that far off thinking I would wear women's size 11-12 jeans, my normal waist size is 33-34".  

Jeez, you are nice and slim.  Don't mind admitting I am envious, but I'm sure maintaining a nice lean figure is the result of exercise and good diet.  So, you have a 29" waist and wear 710s size 29?  I don't have thick legs (kinda wish I did, but need to be careful what I wish for), or narrow hips, so I'm thinking that 33 or 34" 710s will probably fit..  

Mine are from the woman's section. Some under Armour style has different lengths option Wich is nice

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yep, men's 29" waist, and size 29 in the 710's.

Like I said earlier, measure your hips and buy by hip size.

• Like 1