Nail Salon Bliss

Jamie001

There is nothing more relaxing than visiting a nail salon for a manicure/pedicure. I go to nail salons at least once per month in my normal feminine male mode (Women's hair style, women's Yoga pants, women's purse, and women's low-heel thong sandals. It is so relaxing to get completely pampered for over an hourly. There are no expectations, you are just one of the girls getting your nails done. The foot massage is heavenly and the nail polish application is perfection.  I feel like a queen when I leave the nail salon with my red toenails glistening in the sunlight. I always wear women's sandals to show off my pedicure and I get a lot of compliments on the choice of color; the most recent compliment from a woman while standing in the Costco checkout line. We compared pedicures and discussed local nail salons. I always wear red polish on my toes because it is classic and is beautiful with my pale skin. Women always tell me that you can never go wrong with bright red toenails.

In addition, in the past few years nail polish of all different colors for males is going more mainstream. I was buying hair color at Sally's Beauty Supply yesterday and the girl working there told me that her father has been getting pedicures for the past two years and always wears colored polish on his toes. Several rappers and Machine Gun Kelly have nail polish lines for guy even though there is no difference between women's nail polish and guys nail polish. It's all in the marketing.

Get other there and 

Here is a pic of me getting my latest pedicure.

IMG_5824_crop_small1.jpg

• Like 3

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Yes, getting a professional pedicure is very nice, and it makes your feet look great.  Nice toe rings BTW.  I enjoy my pedicured toes as well.  It just looks classy.  

For about the past 10 years I have been getting color, at first I thought it would be earth shattering, but actually it has worked quite well.  I get a few comments and it IS fun when other gals comment and want to compare pedicures!  I prefer the blue, peach, purple and earth tone colors.  It fun to mix it up.  

I am also seeing more guys with color on their toes.  Just last week I saw a guy with painted toes and I had to comment.  I looked at him, smiled and said I like your pedicure, it is good to know that I am not the only guy who gets pedicures.  He smiled and said that he gets pedicures all the time.  I told him that it looked classy.  

Have fun...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wear lots of open toe shoes with out socks or stocking, so I want my feet and toes to look good.  I've been getting pedicures for over 16 years.  I enjoy the lower leg massage and foot scrubbing. My pedicurist remarked that I getting the same pads that women who wear heels get. I'm a regular, so I know many of the other clients. I have heard some wild things from some of these women, it's a side of women many men never see.  LOL

I either wear shorts or leggings in so I can pull them up.  Each time it is different color scheme - design - art. Red and pink hues are very, very rare; I might have red in a black with red stripe zebra design.  I have 10 pieces of art on my toes that I like to change monthly.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

My interest n heeling has waned a bit, but I still drop in here occasionally. On the other hand, I’ve become a wearer of and proponent for nail polish for men. I’ve had easily damaged nails for a long time and started getting “plain” mani/pedis probably over 10 years ago. Then, a woman podiatrist, taking care of an ingrown toenail issue for me, examined my feet and told me that I should wear sandals or open toed shoes as much as possible, and, to my surprised, added, “ just paint your toes. Men do that now, that’s a thing.” In retrospect, I think that perhaps she was personally somewhat fond of the look.

My next trip to my then nail tech, I was still unsure, asked my tech about the practice of guys wearing color, she was immediately all about it and I let her pick a color. And essentially, I was immediately hooked.

Since then, I’ve been a regular with three different techs (them moving away, etc) and occasionally visit one of the “generic” nail places as well. 100% positive experiences! And, the care is a monthly helping of pure relaxation! The foot/leg massage is always the best part.

And about the nail polish part. For context, I’m an older, straight, mostly bland male (retired engineer, get the picture:-) except for a couple of tattoos and wearing color openly on my toes. And I’ve been somewhat amazed, and always pleasantly surprised at the number of women who comment positively, not just on the color I’m wearing but also voicing a like and approval of men wearing polish!

• Like 2

A lot of women have complimented my pedicure. When they compliment my pedicure, I always ask them about the red color that I usually wear (OPI Big Apple Red). They all seem to love this color and many of them proceed to tell me that if you are going to have painted toenails, they should be "RED". They tell me that red goes with any color sandal and that it is a timeless classic color that can be worn with anything on any occasion. Also many of them tell me that you just can't go wrong with red toenails. All of these women can't be wrong. I have tried other colors in the past, but always go back to red. When I'm having a bad day, it really cheers me up to look down and see ten perfectly pedicured sassy red toenails shining in the sunlight. 

Here is an interesting article about red toenail polish that attempts to prove that is is the most popular toenail color.

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2016/07/02/why-is-red-nail-polish-so-popular/

Here is a YouTube video about men that getting an OPI manicure with colored polish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JssKGxhiR2c

Jamie

• Like 3

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you. Red is always my color choice for my toes. I gets lots of compiments from women when I wear my heeled sanfals, showing off my red pedi. Only time I hange the red color is in October for Breast Cancer Awareness  month, when I get hot pink on my toes.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Hi Jamie and Bluejay,

Not even a tiny li’l thing wrong with reds in my book! For me, I like to switch colors every pedi, but I’ve several reds in my personal stash, and on occasions when I give my tech “dealer’s choice” she has picked a red several times in the past. And I’ve gotten just as many compliments on the reds as other colors.

i will note - for me personally, my “preferreds” are medium to darker blues.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Got my new pedi and mani today for October Breast Cancer Awareness month. I got my hot pink color on my toes and on my hands my usual clear gel on all my fingers. On my little pinkies I got my left one in a white base with a hot pink Breast Cancer Awareness  ribbon on it. The right pinkie is just the opposite with a hot pink base and a white Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon on it. Already, I've had several compliments. The ladies love my new pedi/mani. I love it  too! I showed them off, tonight with a pair of my Dunes sandals in white going to DSW to pick up my new shoes, that I ordered on-line.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I got this set this past Monday & have already gotten several compliments, from both men & women. I always have some type of painted nails going on so I'm not sure why this set attracted so much attention...

pink french.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, chesterx said:

I got this set this past Monday & have already gotten several compliments, from both men & women. I always have some type of painted nails going on so I'm not sure why this set attracted so much attention...

pink french.jpg

ChesterX, I really like the colors and theme of your mani, but I’ve gotta ask (no malice intended), how do you manage with nails that long? And, are those natural, or “add-ons”? Me, I do a lot of “manual labor” type things, and I’d have half of those broken in the first 15 minutes in my shop 😞

My little pinkies are that long as chesterx. I manage OK with work gloves on when I work, but once in a while one will break off, then I start over again growing it out. That happened about 3 weeks ago on my left pinkie. It's already growing out.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

20 hours ago, Logjam said:

ChesterX, I really like the colors and theme of your mani, but I’ve gotta ask (no malice intended), how do you manage with nails that long? And, are those natural, or “add-ons”? Me, I do a lot of “manual labor” type things, and I’d have half of those broken in the first 15 minutes in my shop 😞

I like to try to keep my right hand nails a little bit longer for the purpose of fingerstyle guitar playing. It seems to be becoming more and more difficult as I get older. I, like you, have numerous opportunities to break nails at any time, any day, even with the company policy required gloves. However, not all of us are subjected to such punishing conditions, and artificial nails are actually pretty tough.

• Like 1

My right thumb is reconstructed, so grabbing things can be questionable. I grow my fingernails longer to lift things with my nails. I also have damaged nails, damage at the root base, so I have acrylic nails to keep them together.  They, acrylic nails, are pretty tough. But I haven't done color since the pandemic started.

My toenails are colored, have been for decades.  But what I have heard in the nail salon has very been educating.

Edited by Cali

• 1 month later...

Went to the nail salon yesterday, to get a new mani. My salon tech has been on vacation for the last month or so. Went to Vietnam to visit her family. Took her whole family along, including husband and two teenage daughters. Because of the pandemic she has not seen her family in over 4-1/2 years. I was happy for her.

The purpose of this post is to let you know that it was all men at the salon when I went last evening. All 10 of us there.  Some were getting mani's , some pedi's and some both. This was the first time that I was there that no women at all were there. My tech told me that more and more men are coming in for their nail work. Great news to hear for us guys that frequent the nail salons. Some were getting color on hands and feet some just clear gel. I got my usual clear gel over a light pink base with some art deco on my little pinkies for Veterans Day. Got white base color on both pinkies. On my left pinkie I got USA in red and blue and on my right got an American Flag. Got several compliments from the other guys there last night. But in spite of the fact that only men were there last night I was the only one in heels. I wore red patent knee boots with 3" chunky heels. White leggings and a red American Legion polo shirt to show that I was a US veteran. I was proud to serve my country during the Vietnam War and for that service, I can choose to wear what I want, heels of course and get a mani and pedi too. Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow Veterans.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Went to the nail salon yesterday, to get a new mani. My salon tech has been on vacation for the last month or so. Went to Vietnam to visit her family. Took her whole family along, including husband and two teenage daughters. Because of the pandemic she has not seen her family in over 4-1/2 years. I was happy for her.

The purpose of this post is to let you know that it was all men at the salon when I went last evening. All 10 of us there.  Some were getting mani's , some pedi's and some both. This was the first time that I was there that no women at all were there. My tech told me that more and more men are coming in for their nail work. Great news to hear for us guys that frequent the nail salons. Some were getting color on hands and feet some just clear gel. I got my usual clear gel over a light pink base with some art deco on my little pinkies for Veterans Day. Got white base color on both pinkies. On my left pinkie I got USA in red and blue and on my right got an American Flag. Got several compliments from the other guys there last night. But in spite of the fact that only men were there last night I was the only one in heels. I wore red patent knee boots with 3" chunky heels. White leggings and a red American Legion polo shirt to show that I was a US veteran. I was proud to serve my country during the Vietnam War and for that service, I can choose to wear what I want, heels of course and get a mani and pedi too. Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow Veterans.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

The phrase is getting a bit hackneyed, but thank you for your service. And, the notion that there were 10 men in the nail salon at the same time, that’s amazing! The tech I go to has a semi-private nail service, along with a showroom for her brightly repainted vintage furniture pieces and her permanent makeup practice, so I’m most often the only one there when I get my manis/pedis.

I go to a small 2 - 3 person salon that does manicures and pedicures. Been getting pedicures for about two decades, ever since I hurt my hand.  I have seen only a few men getting pedicures at the same time, but I know they have many more male client since I know the husbands of many of their women also come in for pedicures. I have damaged the roots of my fingernails and need to cover them with acrylic to keep them together.

Mr Bluejay.....   Wonderful experience / observation....  From one proud Veteran to another, Happy and Respectful Veterans Day !!!

Freedom is only one generation away from being lost....

Smile....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"