Great times in Austin and Columbus

pebblesf

I met up with "J"/aka p1ng74 last week in Austin.  We always have a nice time, getting out in our boots enjoying good conversation and something to eat.  We usually try to do some boot/heel shopping, but the usual stores rarely have anything of interest.  It is so generous of "J" to drive into the city and pick me up so we can enjoy getting out and about while having great conversations on mulitple topics.  I mentioned that my next layover was in Columbus, when he told me that "Spikesmike" lives there and enjoys meeting fellow bootlovers.  

I contacted Mike, who generously offered to meet up at my hotel (short layover), he was wearing the most amazing red boots with spurs, don't mind admitting I am envious.  We enjoyed many conversational topics (including boots of course), while having a bite to eat in the hotel restaurant.  I'm hoping I get a longer Columbus layover soon so I can visit Mike and see his amazing boot collection.  

Thanks guys, I really enjoy these visits.   Don

• Like 3

Heelers : Had a great time yesterday 5-13-2022 Friday . I got a chance to meet pebblesf = Don, while he was on a layover in Columbus, Ohio.  I want to thank ( J ) of Austen , Texas for suggesting Don and I get together for a meet . I never though to have Don get a picture (with his cell phone) of the red knee high boots I wore to the dinner . Not to show off but to show as a  visual aid for this post . I am always UP for a Real Life Meet . We should do these things more often .  Mike DSCF5317.thumb.JPG.e04430b7076285c7198d3d1f3c2ff5da.JPG

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

Heelers : Had a great time yesterday 5-13-2022 Friday . I got a chance to meet pebblesf = Don, while he was on a layover in Columbus, Ohio.  I want to thank ( J ) of Austen , Texas for suggesting Don and I get together for a meet . I never though to have Don get a picture (with his cell phone) of the red knee high boots I wore to the dinner . Not to show off but to show as a  visual aid for this post . I am always UP for a Real Life Meet . We should do these things more often .  Mike DSCF5317.thumb.JPG.e04430b7076285c7198d3d1f3c2ff5da.JPG

You are so right Mike...  Looking forward to seeing your collection sometime when I have a longer layover!

• 3 months later...

Spent another great day in Austin with  Jay.  We went to Dillards, of all places and I found these Steve Madden boots:

Steve Madden Lasso Leather Western Boots | Dillard's (dillards.com)

The store even had them in size 11, so I tried them on.  They fit nicely and were super easy to walk in, but the red color had a touch of pink in it, and I didn't think the quality was quite up to the $225 price.  Needless to say, the salesperson complimented me and told me I "looked great" in them, but she is paid on commission.  I overcame my excitement and decided to pass on them, admittedly feeling badly that I couldn't make the sale work out for the nice clerk.  I spent several minutes carefully repacking the boots, wrapping them up, and placing them back in the box.  My nine west cowgirl styled "hiya" boots were only $100.  

Oh well, Jay and I had a great time walking around the huge mall, and finally stopped to have a nice dinner.  It is great to hang out with a fellow "boot bud", confidence in numbers really helps get rid of any nervousness or inhibitions.