Who Has Bought Some New SANDALS?

SF

13 hours ago, StockingTop said:

IMG_0491.thumb.jpg.7c5f0d54f31e6b61e670a7734a32afea.jpg

Couple of things: Nice shoes, nice legs! However, it would be nice to know some information about your new shoes. What they are, where you bought them, how are they to walk in, you know, stuff like that. I realize that I'm a man of too many words, so I'm not saying you should follow my example, but some sort of explanation would be helpful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Couple of things: Nice shoes, nice legs! However, it would be nice to know some information about your new shoes. What they are, where you bought them, how are they to walk in, you know, stuff like that. I realize that I'm a man of too many words, so I'm not saying you should follow my example, but some sort of explanation would be helpful.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-neva-barely-there-heeled-sandals-in-ivory/prd/201083262?ctaref=we+recommend+grid_2&featureref1=we+recommend+pers

I wouldn't want to run a marathon in them but they're quite comfy

IMG_0928.thumb.jpg.e310f9eea3f5ab1798ab475863c2a679.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

And now, for my 85th (I think) pair of heels, something different! I don't know why I bought these giant wedges, probably because they were shiny, and pretty inexpensive. They are Coach brand, model name unknown. 5 1/8" heel, 1 3/8" platform, so not super steep. I bought my usual size 8 1/2, and they required about an hour of wearing before they actually fit. With leather shoes, I figure being a little tight is not a bad thing because of the stretching that invariably occurs with use.

They are not all that bad to walk in, but because they are giant, they do seem a little clumpy. I don't reckon there is anything to be done about that, other than get a different pair of gold shoes. They have leather soles, which I wish they wouldn't do that on platforms, but oh well. It's not like I'm going to be putting a ton of miles on these. They are not really your everyday kind of shoe.

CoachGoldSide.jpg

CoachGoldTop.jpg

CoachGoldChurch.jpg

CoachGoldWorn.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well it IS summertime and summertime = sandal time.  This spring my favorite shoe store, Marmi Shoes had these sandals (called Milina) as a part if their spring collection.  I really liked the style but being "Mr. El Cheapo" and having wayyy to many heels already, I chose not to bow to temptation.  Well, last week, guess what?  Marmi had these wonderful sandals on sale and in my size (12), which surprised me since the larger sizes tend to sell out quickly.  I called my local Marmi store and they had them in stock!  I went to the store and tried on a pair of both the black and the tan (Carnaby).  I was expecting to come away with the black pair but the tan color looked great with my skin tone.  I liked the tan color and I don't have many tan heels anyway.  There is a slight sheen luster to the uppers that adds an elegant look.  They fit great, the chunky 2 1/2 in heel is stable and very walkable.  The sandals have a classy, simple but strappy look about them and will go well with a pair of jeans.  

I have been out in them a few times, they are attractive, and comfy and fun to wear.  Yesterday I wore them for about 6 hours while running errands, had the shoes paired with a simple t-shirt dress from Old Navy and felt what I call the "3C's," Cool, Classy, and Comfortable on a hot summer day.  

I expect to be wearing these wonderful sandals a lot this summer.  Here are some pics.  

Have fun....   smile...   sf

P.S. The polish is OPI "In Familiar Terra-Tori" if anyone is curious.  I really like that color.  

IMG_4067 2.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

Edited by SF
minor typos
  • Like 5

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

When I saw these Michael Kors sandals on Poshmark, I had to at least look at the listing. I've had several pair of this same basic platform over the years, and I knew they'd fit me in a size 9, even though I usually take and 8 1/2 in sandals. But gray suede? No way was I paying the seller's asking price for what is destined to be a shoe that gets worn maybe twice a year at best. If you don't know how Poshmark works, if you see something that you are interested in, but don't want to buy right at the moment, you can "like" it in order to save it for later. In the process, the seller is alerted that you're at least mildly interested, and many times they will offer you a lower price, often at a reduced shipping cost as well. That is what happened here, and I kept ignoring the offers and ignoring the offers until I got one that was about a third of the price of the original listing. At that point, I caved, and now I own yet another pair of shoes I could have easily done without.

I do not know the model name of these sandals, but they are the same exact shoe as the "Oksana" model, except with a different upper, which in this case features an enclosed heel. Like my Oksanas, they feature a 5 1/2 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, which makes for a pretty steep shoe to walk in (for me, anyway). In one of the pictures below, you can see a comparison between this shoe and the Oksana model I've owned for a number of years. They are exactly the same design with different uppers. They also share the same strengths and weaknesses.

The heels measure just a bit under 7/16" in diameter, or 11 mm. This is a gray area (pun intended) as to whether these qualify as stilettos. When you see them on, they look like stilettos, but when you put them next to a pair of true stilettos, it's obvious that the heels on these sandals are considerably thicker. Nevertheless, I find the shape of the heels to be pleasingly curved and proportional.

I really like the way these look, but their future is uncertain as there are a few negative factors, some of which I can control, and some of which I can't. First of all, if I'm being truly honest with myself, I shouldn't wear these shoes out in public again until such time as I've overcome certain physical limitations. I don't feel like I look horrible walking in these, but I don't look great either. And I'm slower than Christmas. Second, they are light suede. You can apply all the Scotch Guard you want, they are not really compatible with Iowa weather. Maybe if they were black. Maybe. Third, they've got the same problem that all models of this shoe based upon this platform have--weak shanks. This is my fourth pair of this basic shoe, and in my opinion the shank is not nearly stout enough to last for years. I've had one pair bite the dust because of shank failure, and the others have basically the same feel to them--not sturdy.

I do not care for the enclosed heels, because my pants keep catching on them, and I do not think the answer is to crop my pants even shorter. There are those who would say the answer is to wear them with a skirt, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

This review sounds very negative, probably more negative than I actually feel about my new sandals, but I'm just trying to be realistic. I'll probably keep them, maybe even for a long time, for those few occasions when they're the perfect choice.

MKGraySuedeSide.jpg

MKGraySuedeTop.jpg

MKGraySuedeWorn.jpg

MKOksanaCompare.jpg

• Like 2

I really like the t-strap design. As for your pant leg catching, don't worry about it. Shoes are very flattering and dare I say sexy. Your nonchalant pant leg catch really adds to that in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well my new sandals finally arrived.  They fit except the strap is not long enough, about 2 inches too short.

Since they were clearance bought - no returns  :(:(:(:( .  You win some you lose some.

So I need to find a "broken down" pair and cannibalize the straps for "extenders" .

sandals 02H.jpg

Nice looking sandals, I like that style.  A shame they won’t work out.  Is the problem a manufacturing defect, or do you have “chubby” feet? 

Who is the manufacturer?  Too bad you can’t return them..

smile...   sf

• 2 weeks later...

My latest is a pair of JustFab "Loola" mules, which I purchased through Poshmark for the low, low price of $24 plus shipping. They caught my eye because a) they were shiny, b) they were cheap, and c) they appeared to have close to 5 inch heels with no platform, which I have been seeking for some time.

As it turns out, they are not quite a full 5 inches in steepnes, but that's probably ok, since I can almost walk in them. The heel height is actually a full 5 inches, as I expected, but these sandals have what is effectively a 1/4" platform, reducing the difference to a mere 4 3/4". Thickness of the heel is a tidge over 5/16", or about 9 mm.

These are a size 9, which is typically too big for me in open heeled shoes, but I think these actually fit fine. There is some real estate around my foot, but it's evenly distributed between toes and heel, and it's not excessive. I hate to admit it, but I have been buying plastic shoes lately, and these are the latest addition to the petroleum based collection. I haven't really truly worn them out yet, so I cannot comment on the comfort and feel, but they seem sturdy enough for cheap shoes, and they may well help me on my goal of mastering slightly higher heels.

JustFabGoldSide.jpg

JustFabGoldTop.jpg

JustFabGoldWalk.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

New sandals, just in time for winter.  I had eyed them last fall, and Zappos now had them on sale.  I could not resist.  The are Abercrombie and Fitch "Austria."  Slightly less than 3 inch kitten heel with a wide vamp strap and toe loop.  Very minimal, a style that I like.  They are size 11 and fit very nicely.  I have only worn them around the house, they are comfy and I hope to get a lot of wear when spring time rolls around.  The only downside, they are all synthetic, but have soft, material.  I much prefer leather sandals but that is getting hard to come by.  

Attached is a pic, I think they look "cute."  Uh, can a guy wear "cute" sandals????  sf

image.thumb.jpeg.5e7923f858717624113876cbecd4af14.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SF said:

New sandals, just in time for winter.  I had eyed them last fall, and Zappos now had them on sale.  I could not resist.  The are Abercrombie and Fitch "Austria."  Slightly less than 3 inch kitten heel with a wide vamp strap and toe loop.  Very minimal, a style that I like.  They are size 11 and fit very nicely.  I have only worn them around the house, they are comfy and I hope to get a lot of wear when spring time rolls around.  The only downside, they are all synthetic, but have soft, material.  I much prefer leather sandals but that is getting hard to come by.  

Attached is a pic, I think they look "cute."  Uh, can a guy wear "cute" sandals????  sf

Um, no. He cannot. It's just not physically possible. :penitent:

On 12/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, SF said:

SF, you can wear sandals this time of year because you live where it's warm. Not where I live. It's boots or booties and maybe a winter type boot if the snow is deep enough or the temp cold enough. Like my insulated UGG "Seldon" leather knee boots with 3" big block heels. Not those ugly UGGS boots a lot of the gals are still wearing this year. Ugg does make real knee  boots and I have a pair in both black and brown to wear.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I'm pretty hard core when it comes to sandals and cold weather, but even I have given up already this year, as the temps have dipped into the teens (that's around -10º C) on several occasions. Winter has come early this year!

Bluejay.....  I can appreciate (sort of) what you stated.  We just got back from 5 days in Minnesota.  The temp never got higher than 10 degrees, and in addition, the wind !!

You folks in that part of the country, or world - have my respect.  

No sandals on that trip, insulated hiking boots were the norm.....

Have fun all...  Stay warm....    sf

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:27 PM, bluejay said:

SF, you can wear sandals this time of year because you live where it's warm. Not where I live. It's boots or booties and maybe a winter type boot if the snow is deep enough or the temp cold enough. Like my insulated UGG "Seldon" leather knee boots with 3" big block heels. Not those ugly UGGS boots a lot of the gals are still wearing this year. Ugg does make real knee  boots and I have a pair in both black and brown to wear.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

That may not be the case for quite a spell for SF in Sothern California as well as me in the Bay Area. We are both due for some nasty cold and wet weather- atmospheric river they call it. Sandals? you got to be kidding in that stuff. 

• 2 months later...

Bought some Marc Fisher 'Zesty Wedge' sandals and got a notice they are delayed do to weather, etc.  Just hope they arn't shipped via CSX, then I might never get them.

• 4 months later...

I have not been dutifully recording my new shoe purchases as they have come in, and certainly not in order. You will forgive me.

Up today are my Michael Kors wooden sandals, model name unknown. I believe these are from the actual Michael Kors line, and not the cheaper "Michael" or the "Kors" line. I have no idea, nor do I care, what price range these were when they were new, but the seller was sure proud of them, asking damn near 100 bucks. I watched them for several months, and then I finally offered her 50 bucks, which she took. I'm definitely into wooden sandals these days, but not for $100 I'm not.

These were originally slingbacks, but they had absolutely no reason to be, so I cut them off and made them into mules. They come up so high on the foot that a slingback serves no function and detracts from the look. They have 5 5/8" heels (a discounted number because of having no footbed padding) and 1" platforms. A rather unusual 3/4" square heel rounds out the package. That's not really a pun, but whatever it is, it's intended.

This gives a good amount of steepness at 4 5/8", and it feels like it. I might wind up wearing these a lot, or I might not. Aside from the steepness which I still must get used to, they are quite tight, and a pain in the neck to get on and off. As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing with this type of shoe, because if they fit perfectly out the box, they will be too loose after a few miles or hours of wearing. I can feel that they will be way more comfortable after a time.

Anyway, I think they look pretty cool for casual shoes, and are in that Candies style that I adore in my mind. I have a feeling that if I could go back in time and actually see girls actually wearing Candies, they won't look as good as I remember. I think pretty much all of my wooden heels are improvements to the breed.

MKWoodenHeel.jpg

MKWoodenWorn.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Although some of the items I may post on here in the near future may have been purchased some time ago, these were actually purchased fairly recently, in June. I got these Bebe (model designation unknown) wooden mules via ebay, for about 45 bucks by the time you include shipping.

I would say that these have effectively become my backup pair of walking shoes, but it has been a rather long road getting there. The specs would indicate qualification for such: 4 3/4" heel with a 1" platform, giving a rather shallow rise of 3 3/4". Put that on top of a 1" broad heel, and this would seem to have a great deal of utility. However, out of the box (or bubble wrap, as the case may be), the leather was so stiff that it caused minor injury for quite a while after about a mile. Finally, I have got them to where they will not cause me harm after a two mile walk. I even worked a farmer's market in them and they weren't terrible.

I have had to add foot cushions in them because they have stretched out to the point that they're a bit too big, but with that addition they seem to have settled down quite nicely into everyday shoes. But they are extremely loud. At 5:30 in the morning when everything is quiet, I would guess you can hear me coming from a block away. I would guess that this will change when reheeling is necessary.

BebeWoodenMules.jpg

BebeWoodenMulesWorn.jpg

• Like 2