National High Heels Day - May 20th...

SF

Get ready, this will be the second annual "celebration."   I can't find much specific information (how/why) but what the heck, another reason to wear heels!!  I plan on being there!  Smile...  sf

https://www.nationaldayarchives.com/day/national-high-heels-day/

Edited by SF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

2 hours ago, SF said:

Get ready, this will be the second annual "celebration."   I can't find much specific information (how/why) but what the heck, another reason to wear heels!!  I plan on being there!  Smile...  sf

https://www.nationaldayarchives.com/day/national-high-heels-day/

I'll  be doing my part. Of my heels are way sexier than those posted on the official page. Says to wear your sexiest heels.

• Like 1

I can't figure out what this organization is either, but they're the folks who also brought us National Squirrel Appreciation Day, if that's any indication. Apparently nobody paid the money to make that a thing this year, so it is now defunct.

On the other hand, since I can't determine exactly which day in May I first ventured outside in heels, maybe I'll use the 20th as my anniversary date, as it is no doubt within a week of being accurate. It will have been 10 years already, can you believe that?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well.....  Today IS the day!  Happy National High Heels Day everyone.  I plan on being out in my heels today to celebrate !!  

Have fun, and get out in those shoes...  smile...  sf 

• Like 2

High Heel Day Sandals.

Pulled these 'vintage" lace-up wedge Steve Madden sandals for my trip to Costco this morning. Ukraine Tip nails.

HeelDay2022h.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

I was celebrating, but I was celebrating in other ways. And believe it or don't, I didn't wear heels yesterday. Most people would say I did, but in my mind, these don't count as heels, and certainly not as high heels.

SöfftMarket.jpg

I didn't wear heels at all yesterday, and I wear heels pretty much every day. My excuse? My 90 year old dad came over for a visit and I don't want to push his heart any harder than it is already!!🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pumped said:

I didn't wear heels at all yesterday, and I wear heels pretty much every day. My excuse? My 90 year old dad came over for a visit and I don't want to push his heart any harder than it is already!!🤣

Interesting.  .  . my 83 year old dad (at the time 73 year old dad) was the first to encourage me, he had to convince my mom to get on board later on. Neither of them have managed to convince my wife that I'm actually ok.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice that both of you still have parents who are alive.  Both mom and dad are gone, and I miss them.  As for the "shoes" neither of them knew that I wore heels, but I did wear gals flat sandals in their presence all the time, and never was anything ever said.  

My mother-in-law is still alive and well, thank goodness, and has seen me in heels several times.  She has never really commented on my heels, but when I last saw her a few weeks ago, I was wearing flat sandals when I arrived at her house.  Her first comment was that I seemed shorter, looked at my feet and asked where were my heels?  I told her that I left them at home, she smiled and said that's too bad, she likes my heels.  

My stepmother knows I wear gals shoes but never have I worn heels around her, the opportunity never presented itself, she lives out of the area.  

Enjoy being with your parents, I am a bit envious...  smile...  sf

• Like 2

I visited my mother for her birthday shortly after I tore my calf and it was still too swollen to wear pants. Heels and/or a scooter was my only way to get around so she saw me in heels.  Which is good since I wear heels almost all the time. But I haven't shown her my colored toenails.

She just turned 101 a few months ago, unfortunately she is starting to lose it.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Interesting.  .  . my 83 year old dad (at the time 73 year old dad) was the first to encourage me, he had to convince my mom to get on board later on. Neither of them have managed to convince my wife that I'm actually ok.

Wish your Dad could have spoken to my better half..

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I visited my mother for her birthday shortly after I tore my calf and it was still too swollen to wear pants. Heels and/or a scooter was my only way to get around so she saw me in heels.  Which is good since I wear heels almost all the time. But I haven't shown her my colored toenails.

101, amazing!  My Mom made it to 90, still driving, before the wheels started coming off the cart.  I'm thankful she passed just before the damn pandemic hit.  She never knew about my heels, but I'm better she would have "accepted" them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

That's cool. At 101, most people more than start to lose it. Hopefully she's not in pain till the last day. 

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Both my mom and dad are old school conservatives. I had a conversation about men wearing women's clothing with my mom. Some show with men cross dressing on TV triggered it. I thought she was going to explode! Nothing but hate and vile coming out of her mouth. I mentioned I didn't care what people wear and if a man wanted to wear high heels or a dress I could care less. All I got back was a death stare!

My dad is equally closed on the subject. Any mention of alternate lifestyles and he just gets mean. I mentioned to him I knew a couple gays and I can not repeat what he said! If I wore heels around him I think it would end up in a hospital ER!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pumped said:

Both my mom and dad are old school conservatives. I had a conversation about men wearing women's clothing with my mom. Some show with men cross dressing on TV triggered it. I thought she was going to explode! Nothing but hate and vile coming out of her mouth. I mentioned I didn't care what people wear and if a man wanted to wear high heels or a dress I could care less. All I got back was a death stare!

My dad is equally closed on the subject. Any mention of alternate lifestyles and he just gets mean. I mentioned to him I knew a couple gays and I can not repeat what he said! If I wore heels around him I think it would end up in a hospital ER!

My dad is an ordained Southern Baptist minister. He quit that church around the time I was born. That was in the late 60s.

I actually wrote a standup comedy routine about the so-called biblical prohibition against cross dressing. Our public health issue happened right after, and I haven't had a chance to share it yet.

• Like 1

Everyone is different and has their opinions.  My eighty-three y/o mother-in-law has seen me in heels several times and has told me that she likes seeing me wear them.  The very conservative seventy something neighbor across the street has complimented my heels many times.  

Diversity of opinion is a wonderful thang...   smile...   sf

Edited by SF

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

My dad is an ordained Southern Baptist minister. He quit 

I actually wrote a standup comedy routine about the so-called biblical prohibition against cross dressing

Love to hear, well read  anyway, your routine.

I've always laughed at the ultra right Bible thumper. Touting a book written hundreds of years after Jesus's death. Back when Christ walked the earth Men and women wore the exact same clothing and shoes, so I'm pretty sure crossdressing was not on the agenda .

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Pumped said:

Sorry to hear that Pumped, they grew up in different times for sure.  Don't know how my Mom would have reacted.  I'm sure she wouldn't have criticized me, but there would have been plenty of chatter between her and my other siblings for sure

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I've always laughed at the ultra right Bible thumper. Touting a book written hundreds of years after Jesus's death. Back when Christ walked the earth Men and women wore the exact same clothing and shoes, so I'm pretty sure crossdressing was not on the agenda .

Nowadays when I look around it seems men and women wear much of the same clothing and shoes too, so maybe we're back to square one.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Nowadays when I look around it seems men and women wear much of the same clothing and shoes too, so maybe we're back to square one.  

I assume that you're making reference to the fact that in this modern age, everybody pretty much dresses like crap to go almost anywhere. I would say that my 13 year old is the worst offender, but actually, he's not. It does get worse than jeans and a t-shirt.

17 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

That's how I sort of started the sketch, saying that basically nothing modern in the way of clothing existed back then, and who the hell reads the last 3/5 of the Pentateuch anyway? Nobody. Eating dryer lint is more satisfying. And you know that little sticker that's on a new power saw? The one that says, "Never Change Blade While Motor is Turning?" That came straight from Deuteronomy. Seriously.

• Like 1

Way back then, men wore frocks (often called robes) and high heels didn't exist.

As the late great comedian Dave Allen used to say when signing off at the end of his programmes: "And may your god go with you". Don't know if that show ever went across The Pond.

I'm sure most us here will know the quote: "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" That's my sort of religion! Along with the cheesemakers.

Everyone is different and has their own beliefs and opinions (thank goodness).  My eighty-three y/o mother-in-law has seen me in heels several times and had told me that she likes seeing me wear them.  The very conservative - and that's OK - seventy something neighbor across the street has complimented my heels and pedicure several times.  

Diversity of opinion is a wonderful thing...  smile...  sf