Let’s hear from the OG’s “Old Gagsters”’ of the High Heel Place!

1 hour ago, hoverfly said:

A few months ago I actually bought hh boots from Asos in the men’s section.  Until now I did not think of mentioning it here.

Which style/size, please?   And how do you find them?

Searching "mens heels" on Asos gives over 70 hits. A few aren't really heels, some are horrible by almost any standard, almost all are not real leather. I have a pair of the leopard print ankle boots which have gained many compliments.

19 hours ago, hoverfly said:

A few months ago I actually bought hh boots from Asos in the men’s section.  Until now I did not think of mentioning it here.

19 hours ago, hoverfly said:

Would really love to try some of the Asos boots, just wish there was an actual retail store somewhere near my in Boston/Providence

6 hours ago, at9 said:

Don't know about the USA, but in the UK ASOS offer free post and returns so there's no risk in ordering a few to try.

True enough, although there are often comments about incorrect sizes (or even mismatched pairs) being sent out.   And that seems to be even more prevalent with US and other overseas customers, perhaps because of poor conversion (by either party) of ASOS's somewhat inconsistent sizes.   It helps to read the reviews before ordering a particular item although (strangely) there are very few apparent for 'men's' footwear, at least on the UK website.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

True enough, although there are often comments about incorrect sizes (or even mismatched pairs) being sent out.   And that seems to be even more prevalent with US and other overseas customers, perhaps because of poor conversion (by either party) of ASOS's somewhat inconsistent sizes.   It helps to read the reviews before ordering a particular item although (strangely) there are very few apparent for 'men's' footwear, at least on the UK website.

Yes, it does appear that many of the Asos boots aren't made of leather, and really need better closeup pictures.  Admittedly, I like many different styles of boots, but am extremely fussy at the same time.  I realize all the stuff is returnable, or exchangeable though.  

Yeah I got in pair leather and one not.  But hay it's in the men’s section!👍

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!