Hose with PUMPS??

Cali

There seems to all sorts of opinions on this topic. Some say ALWAYS (even to color) while others are in the NEVER boat.

Since pumps don't fit me (I've tried too many times and failed), I have not dogs in this race. But I'll leave the rest of you to discuss.

Have fun.

• Like 1

I always where something on my legs when I wear heels or boots.  I will go with Leggs Sheer Energy on the thinner side for warmer weather to Danskin 1331 Ultra Shimmery for cooler to colder months.  I will also use stay up thigh high stockings for some occasions.  Some occasions call for fishnets!!.  I can say that I do not own any open toe shoes booties or boots.  Not sure I like the look of open toe heels with hose,, Maybe I should try it!!!   

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CAT said:

I always where something on my legs when I wear heels or boots.  I will go with Leggs Sheer Energy on the thinner side for warmer weather to Danskin 1331 Ultra Shimmery for cooler to colder months.  I will also use stay up thigh high stockings for some occasions.  Some occasions call for fishnets!!.  I can say that I do not own any open toe shoes booties or boots.  Not sure I like the look of open toe heels with hose,, Maybe I should try it!!!   

Yeah, open toed boots never appealed to me either.  Hope all is well...D

As I said on another post I will wear sheer hose (Panty, Thigh-Hi and Knee Hi's) with my pumps, except when it's hot in the summer. For open toe shoes or sandals it's always bare. I like Cat also like to wear fish net hose!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

I personally do not wear skirts or dresses, so the issue of nylons/tights has never come up. The closest I have is trouser socks, which might as well be knee high nylons, but I only wear them with men's suits. However, I did venture to go sockless with a suit just last week for the first time. I did get a compliment, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

I am definitely one of those people who feels strongly that sandals should never be worn with socks, and this includes stockings. If you want to show off your feet, go ahead and show them off.  If you need to cover up your feet, they do make enclosed shoes for that purpose.

• Like 4

Being a hose with pumps type of a person, I prefer the ventilation and the non-stick surfaces the hose creates for my feet in close toed pumps. Which is also handy and helps me to readjust the foot placement in the pumps when needed without having to take them off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Histiletto said:

Being a hose with pumps type of a person, I prefer the ventilation and the non-stick surfaces the hose creates for my feet in close toed pumps. Which is also handy and helps me to readjust the foot placement in the pumps when needed without having to take them off. 

Im with you on this one. I find with hose, foot just feels more comfortable in heels, and also in boots.

• Like 1

I get you on that one. It is easier to adjust the foot, and in many cases more comfortable to wear pumps with hosiery. However, the flip side of that is, it is also much easier to walk right out of the shoe, usually at the most embarrassing moment possible. Don't ask me how I know.

As I'm sure most know, I'm bare foot in pumps. I have a few reasons.

1 - with hose my foot tends to slide forward more into the toe box. This increases the load on my toes.

2 - heel pop while walking is more frequent. 

3 - i really love the feel of the insole on my foot.

4 - i love the look more on others so i feel the same for myself.

1 hour ago, Chorlini said:

I haven't worn hose or stockings in years. I'm all bare feet into pumps and boots kinda guy. I do love me a good pair of leather look leggings though.

Well that's 2 of us anyway.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

There does seem to be a growing trend for women to go barefoot in closed shoes and boots as well as in sandals.   It would seem that, in the UK at least, sales of stockings are negligible (outside glamour wear) and those of tights (pantyhose) declining other than for some formal occasions.   All part of the shift towards casual - often sloppy - dressing.

In my view, sandals should be worn barefoot, by both sexes.   I enjoy sandals when the weather allows, the briefer and barer the better.   And open-toe shoes barefoot on women.   I have also seen a trend for men to go barefoot in 'normal' shoes - typically loafers but also sometimes plain lace-ups; a look I find hard to acknowledge as either flattering or comfortable. 

• Like 2

Hi All,

Back from the winter home in Arizona. Nice thread about hose/no hose. I have done both really. I have worn wedge sandals upon meeting some of the members here during my travels and worn hose other times when wearing pumps or boots. Seems to depend on the occasion and exactly what I'm wearing. I have suggested a number of times that, when shoe shopping, it is a good idea to wear some kneehigh hose as to facilitate trying on shoes without having to use the tryons in the store. I have seen cases where someone else placed a tryon stocking back in the box for some unsuspecting person to use. Wear your own when heels shopping and avoid that gross situation. I do like the feeling of hose but also enjoy showing the painted toes in sandals. For those wondering, yes it was warm enough in SW Arizona to wear sandals during the winter. Thousands of seasonal visitors go there because the winters are extremely pleasant. It's those temperatures during summer that are frightening HappyinHeels

😬

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jkrenzer said:

As I'm sure most know, I'm bare foot in pumps. I have a few reasons.

1 - with hose my foot tends to slide forward more into the toe box. This increases the load on my toes.

2 - heel pop while walking is more frequent. 

3 - i really love the feel of the insole on my foot.

4 - i love the look more on others so i feel the same for myself.

Im with you on all of these factors. I find with hose or stockings my foot slides forward, and often the heel of my foot will slip out (theres an accident waiting to happen). So i started wearing heels or boots without hose, unless the fit was particularly snug, then hose help with fit and comfort. Ive found for me theres better control of the shoe without hose etc.

• Like 1

I'm with Cali on no hose during the warmer months, especially with sandals and pumps too. I like to show off my red pedi too. However in the winter I wear hose almost always with my heels and boots. Whether it's panty hose or knee-hi's. This morning I wore navy blue knee-hi's with my blue patent booties with 3" small block heels, to church at 7AM, when the temp was about 35* F

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

I’m a big no to hose and open toe shoes kind of guy. Just not my style, but each to their own - some people seem to love it.

With closed toes I wear a mixture really. I’ve got tights, stockings and ankle high hosiery in different deniers to suit the fit of the shoe and the time of year etc. I’d say I wear something about 90% of the time if they are closed toe and do even venture into wearing some thin socks when I’m wearing my ankle boots.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mickeyunc said:

Hose of some sorts here 100% of the time.   Makes my heels feel lmuch better, not to mention the overall feeling.

I find hose are hot and too slippery in high heels. Results, sweatier and sore toes due to sliding forward. Bare foot all the way, sexier feel and way sexier look.

Edited by Jkrenzer

Everybody is different in that regard, that is, sweatiness and relative comfort. Believe it or don't, I have never actually tried wearing thin hosiery with pumps (or anything else) for more than a couple of hours at a shot. I can tell you that, for me personally, I can't do bare feet in an enclosed shoe for very long, even though I know plenty of people who live their daily lives this way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...