Well, bless Onlymaker...

Bootshaft

For years, I've tried to find classy looking stiletto boots to fit my larger foot size, and Onlymaker finally came through. I had been settling for boots from the Pleaser brand, and while they're okay, their styles are limited. I've always liked the "slim heel and pointy toe" look on a boot, and Onlymaker has many boots to offer right up to size 15. Would highly recommend. 

• Like 3

That’s great to know! Currently awaiting on my order from them. I’m intending to use what ive ordered to get folk used to me in a 4 inch heel. Once that has happened I intend to buy 2 more pairs of heels.

I really hope I get them in the next 3 weeks, I have my first gig in over 2 years and I want to wear them for that, for like 6/7 hours. How comfortable are they???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

I’m intending to use what I've ordered to get folk used to me in a 4 inch heel.

This made me laugh.

I remember when I switched to wearing women's shoes.  I was so happy to find shoes that fit my type of feet. I purchased my first booties with 2 inch heels. Remembering being afraid of the clicking noise.  But my friends notice right away I was now taller.  Especially true when you are eye to eye with them, then all of a sudden they are looking at your nose.  

2 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

That’s great to know! Currently awaiting on my order from them. I’m intending to use what ive ordered to get folk used to me in a 4 inch heel. Once that has happened I intend to buy 2 more pairs of heels.

I really hope I get them in the next 3 weeks, I have my first gig in over 2 years and I want to wear them for that, for like 6/7 hours. How comfortable are they???

They are more comfortable than I was expecting, actually. Usually, boots with a pointed toe are uncomfortable on my feet, but I'm not having that problem with this brand. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cali said:

This made me laugh.

I remember when I switched to wearing women's shoes.  I was so happy to find shoes that fit my type of feet. I purchased my first booties with 2 inch heels. Remembering being afraid of the clicking noise.  But my friends notice right away I was now taller.  Especially true when you are eye to eye with them, then all of a sudden they are looking at your nose.  

That’s what I found funny when I was out in heels recently, the extra height was great, empowering. However getting used to being higher from the ground was fun.

If I like the OnlyMaker fit, I’ve got lots of nice shoes in the wish list ready to buy, maybe after a few months of me wearing the ones I ordered.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VirginHeels said:

That’s what I found funny when I was out in heels recently, the extra height was great, empowering. However getting used to being higher from the ground was fun.

It took me years to get used to being tall. Ok, let me rephrase that. It took me years to get used to being normal height. Sometimes it still doesn't feel right.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

It took me years to get used to being tall. Ok, let me rephrase that. It took me years to get used to being normal height. Sometimes it still doesn't feel right.

That’s the thing. I’m above average for height, I’m 5ft 10in. The average here is 5ft 8in. The problem is that I’m loosing my battle with gravity early, plus the amount of walking/running I do is compressing my spine the way it does with long distance walkers/runners. I was 6ft, maybe just shy. Now I’m smaller. I want a little extra height, plus some. And I know it will help me with back pain, as it did recently. It won’t feel right for a long time, but eventually it will. From what folk have said and from what I’ve read, once I get into a pair of stiletto heels, it feels more natural in a odd way.

Yes, you will get used to the extra lift.  I keep my heels to the 2 - 3 inch range since I am too tall already at 6 feet, and don’t want to scare the kids - ha ha.  

But I do like the look, feel and style of a nice heel.  

Hope you enjoy your shoes, I do.  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

22 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

That’s the thing. I’m above average for height, I’m 5ft 10in. The average here is 5ft 8in. The problem is that I’m loosing my battle with gravity early, plus the amount of walking/running I do is compressing my spine the way it does with long distance walkers/runners. I was 6ft, maybe just shy. Now I’m smaller. I want a little extra height, plus some. And I know it will help me with back pain, as it did recently. It won’t feel right for a long time, but eventually it will. From what folk have said and from what I’ve read, once I get into a pair of stiletto heels, it feels more natural in a odd way.

I have lost a small amount of stature as well sometime during the past 5 years. I now have to round down to 5' 5", haha. But I can honestly say that 0% of the reason I wear heels is for the height increase. I just like the way they look and feel. And I know that people really don't believe me about the second part, but it's true!

19 hours ago, SF said:

Yes, you will get used to the extra lift.  I keep my heels to the 2 - 3 inch range since I am too tall already at 6 feet, and don’t want to scare the kids - ha ha.  

I have heard you say the same thing over and over again about not wanting to wear heels TOO tall, because you are already tall, but I am confused. You no doubt realize that once you get beyond 3 inches or so, you don't gain very much in standing height because of the increased angle of your feet. And let's be honest, what is the real difference between standing 6' 4" and 6' 5"? There is certainly no shame in admitting that you just don't care for higher heels, either because of style preferences, or because you don't want to deal with decreased mobility. I will be the first to admit that once you get above a certain height, it results in decreased mobility to a certain extent, and once you get beyond that, to a very large extent! It never ceases to amaze me how I can zoom around when I wear heels of your usual height.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SF said:

I'm not as tall as SF being 5'10", but I'm not comfortable wearing any heel height over 4". The perfect heel range, for me is 3 to 3-1/2". I don't care to look taller. I just love to wear heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

At 5’8.5”/174 cm I’m shorter than the average US male by about 4”. It’s worse in Wisconsin where the average man is 6’2” and the average woman 5’9” so I love wearing heels to make up the difference. If you like wearing them then acceptance by the stature police is irrelevant. Put your stride on. HinH

• Like 2

When I was in Belgrade some years ago I was astonished by the height of the locals - seriously tall! It was not at all uncommon to see women who would have been over six feet without heels - but they were wearing heels as well too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 5:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

I have heard you say the same thing over and over again about not wanting to wear heels TOO tall, because you are already tall, but I am confused. You no doubt realize that once you get beyond 3 inches or so, you don't gain very much in standing height because of the increased angle of your feet. And let's be honest, what is the real difference between standing 6' 4" and 6' 5"? 

I don't know about 6'4" but I am 6 feet tall without heels, and I agree that there are noticeable differences in the look and feeling of the height of wearing 4" heels versus 3".  With 3" heels I'm standing at about 6'2" and the extra height really doesn't change the way I interact with the world around me.  For some reason, once I get into 4" heels, low hanging exit signs and doorways start to feel too close for comfort and I find myself ducking under them.  Also, I have noticed a huge increase in the number of people that comment "you are really tall" when meeting me in 4" heels, versus anything lower, even 3.5".  There must be something about both the height and proportions of being in 4" heels that emphasizes the height.  

In a related experience, I went to the doctor's office the other day wearing my boots with 4" heels.  It has been years since I have had my height measured, long before I started wearing heels, so when the assistant asked me to step on the scale I asked if I needed to take my shoes off.  She said no, we always measure fully clothed.  So I stepped onto it, wondering what kind of reading they were going to get with my heels on.  The scale read 6'3", and she looked at the heels, and said, "3 inches for the boots" and wrote 6'0", which is my true height.  Now that is one person who notices heels, as it is an important part of her job!  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I don't know about 6'4" but I am 6 feet tall without heels, and I agree that there are noticeable differences in the look and feeling of the height of wearing 4" heels versus 3".  With 3" heels I'm standing at about 6'2" and the extra height really doesn't change the way I interact with the world around me.  For some reason, once I get into 4" heels, low hanging exit signs and doorways start to feel too close for comfort and I find myself ducking under them.  Also, I have noticed a huge increase in the number of people that comment "you are really tall" when meeting me in 4" heels, versus anything lower, even 3.5".  There must be something about both the height and proportions of being in 4" heels that emphasizes the height.  

In a related experience, I went to the doctor's office the other day wearing my boots with 4" heels.  It has been years since I have had my height measured, long before I started wearing heels, so when the assistant asked me to step on the scale I asked if I needed to take my shoes off.  She said no, we always measure fully clothed.  So I stepped onto it, wondering what kind of reading they were going to get with my heels on.  The scale read 6'3", and she looked at the heels, and said, "3 inches for the boots" and wrote 6'0", which is my true height.  Now that is one person who notices heels, as it is an important part of her job!  

"3 inches for the boots" with 4 inch heels is pretty spot on accurate, unless you're something like size 15, then it's a different sliding scale, but with 3 inch heels, you get something like 2 3/4", not that much different than 4" heels. By the time you go to 5" heels, we're talking a tiny fraction of a inch of height gained compared to 4" heels. Hence, my original point that wearing very tall heels does not really make you that much taller than wearing mid-heels, because you burn up all that vertical motion pretty much within the first three inches.

However, in your usual straightforward and elegant way, you have pointed out what should have been obvious to me, and that is, there is a big difference in perception between a tall person in 3" heels vs. a tall person in 5" heels, even though the actual measured height difference might be all of 1/2". We are of course not including any platforms, which throws the whole calculation off.

Going a step further with this hypothesis, I wonder if the same concept applies to short people like me? Perhaps, but I think less so, because I've certainly never noticed any sort of different reaction when I wear 3" heels vs. 5" heels.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cali said:

They always ask me to remove my heels to measure my height.

Yeah, I'm confused...  You didn't take your boots off when your height was measured?  Doesn't really make sense, maybe I misunderstood.  

25 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah, I'm confused...  You didn't take your boots off when your height was measured?  Doesn't really make sense, maybe I misunderstood.  

Apparently @p1ng74 doesn't have to remove his boots, but my doctor's assistants always ask me to remove my shoes to measure my height.

• Like 1

I seem to remember, if I reach way back there, you know, where you reach, that my ex-wife had this same conversation with her health care provider. My ex-wife is actually 5'8", or 173 cm. Or at least she used to be. Who knows if she still is, we've all shrunk a bit, haven't we? At any rate, back in the late 1990s, which was a time of few heels, my ex-wife had these loafers with a little bit of a heel on them. They looked like regular loafers, but with an extra thick heel, about 2". She wore them almost every day, everywhere for a time.

One day, she had to visit the doctor, and they wrote her down as 5'10". She corrected whoever it was, and said, "No, I'm only 5'8"." Evidently, the gal started to argue with her. Well, you know where this story is going. Seems I've had to kick off my shoes proactively the last couple of times I've been measured.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wood&metal said:

I've bought a few pairs of Onlymakers, and probably will buy a few more in due time.  They're not bad at all.

1 hour ago, wood&metal said:

I've bought a few pairs of Onlymakers, and probably will buy a few more in due time.  They're not bad at all.

I think I am going to give them a try as well