Stolen High Heels

Jkrenzer

Here is one. Left one of my oldest most seriously worn out heels in my truck at the bowling alley tonight. Come out, gone along with a hat and my work badge. They left my jar of change and my golf clubs.  

Hope they enjoy the shoes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Sadly, crime is rampant in some parts of the United States the past year.  Sorry you were victimized, but the politicians in those particular states / cities could care less.  

You were lucky, several friends of mine have been victims of auto burglary the past year (in “those” cities), and lost quite a bit.

Take care, be aware of your surroundings, be safe...   smile....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'm not really concerned, just find it odd. These were really worn out shoes, just wore them cause they were so comfortable. But don't bowl in heels and left them on the seat of my truck. I would have been upset if my clubs were taken.

Also, what anyone would want wuth my work badge, place has camaras everywhere and it will be deactivated.

14 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Here is one. Left one of my oldest most seriously worn out heels in my truck at the bowling alley tonight. Come out, gone along with a hat and my work badge. They left my jar of change and my golf clubs.  

Hope they enjoy the shoes.

That's a great start to a novel, somebody get in on that!!!!

• Like 1

I usually lock it there, but didn't this time. It's an older vehicle, 2000. In this state there is literally no corrosion so vehicles last for decades. I had no real valuables in it, the golf clubs were im the tool chest im the bed.

Will be locking it going forward. 

Yah, at my age and where i live i can see never driving a highbrid or a toxic waste lithium battery on wheels. Can't imagine the waste dumps when these batteries start to hit, almost as bad as nuclear waste. Plus power grid in the U.S. will never handle the load.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Yah, at my age and where i live i can see never driving a highbrid or a toxic waste lithium battery on wheels. Can't imagine the waste dumps when these batteries start to hit, almost as bad as nuclear waste. Plus power grid in the U.S. will never handle the load.

Look up Edison Motors.  He is developing diesel electric trucks.  Said the same thing.  Our electric infrastructure will not handle the load for all electric vehicles  

• Like 2

Individual power generating...solar. 

All these vehicles need a battery (potential energy storage) whether it's in the form LNG, gasoline, diesel, alcohol, geothermal, hydrogen, nuclear, .... or water.

Even the compress air cars in some countries, the cylinder is the battery.

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Individual power generating...solar. 

All these vehicles need a battery (potential energy storage) whether it's in the form LNG, gasoline, diesel, alcohol, geothermal, hydrogen, nuclear, .... or water.

Even the compress air cars in some countries, the cylinder is the battery.

Solar is a nice niche, need to cover the state of Arizona with panels at 100% efficiency just to power what we use now. 

Fusion power is the only real solution, just need to get the magnets efficiency up. Then, the answer for vehicles is hydrogen power cells. The hydrogen is pulled from the ocean by electrolysis. Burned, you get H2O.

• Like 1

The electricity for the electrolysis needs to come from wind or wave.  We could also use the "water" from treatment plants to get the gas.

They now have H2 powered trains and ferries as well as cars and buses.

38 minutes ago, Cali said:

The electricity for the electrolysis needs to come from wind or wave.  We could also use the "water" from treatment plants to get the gas.

They now have H2 powered trains and ferries as well as cars and buses.

You're kidding yourself to think solar alone will handle all that is needed.

Wave power is a nice idea except it will destroy the marine life balance and mechanically unsound. Nature and salt water would maje quick work  of the equipment. Cali, don't take it the wrong way but I can tell you're from California with the flowery non evasive green ideas.

I like the idea of constructing vaults along breakwaters so that wave surge can push and pull air through turbines.  You can compress gases but not liquids.

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

You're kidding yourself to think solar alone will handle all that is needed.

I don't need to cover your needs, just need to cover my needs.  My friends with electric cars and solar panels spend under $20 a month on electricity and almost nothing on gasoline.

23 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I usually lock it there, but didn't this time. It's an older vehicle, 2000. In this state there is literally no corrosion so vehicles last for decades. I had no real valuables in it, the golf clubs were im the tool chest im the bed.

Will be locking it going forward. 

Theft is not unknown (but very unusual) in our town, but rust is known. My rusted out 2004 Ford Taurus needs to hold together for about 2 more months, then I can start fresh with another rust free car (also a 2004) in the spring. I've got another car, an '02 Buick, that has minimal rust, and I don't know how, as it has lived its entire life here.

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Theft is not unknown (but very unusual) in our town, but rust is known. My rusted out 2004 Ford Taurus needs to hold together for about 2 more months, then I can start fresh with another rust free car (also a 2004) in the spring. I've got another car, an '02 Buick, that has minimal rust, and I don't know how, as it has lived its entire life here.

I have a '96 suburban, 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 2001 buick century and a 2011 Ford escape.

The escape actually has the most corrosion although not much. I rarely drive the buick or suburban. For yhe first 3, i paid, $3700 10 yrs ago, $6500 9 yrs ago and $4000 6 yrs ago respectively. The buick was tge wife's but repaced it with the brand new at the time 7 yr old escape. Buick is in too good condition to scrap, so I've kept it. I need to drive up to Syracuse and sell the suburban. It's old but corrosion free and has the excellent Northstar engine in it. Could get 4 or 5 g in NY easy, just not in NC.

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I need to drive up to Syracuse and sell the suburban. It's old but corrosion free and has the excellent Northstar engine in it. Could get 4 or 5 g in NY easy, just not in NC.

In the 96 Suburban you probably mean the Vortec engine, which is also a favorite of mine.  The Cadillac Northstar is not well as loved, and fortunately stayed in Cadillac cars where they belong.  Old Body Style Chevies are skyrocketing in value right now.  The same truck worth 4-5k two years ago is now selling for over 10k, and they keep going up!  

On 2/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, VirginHeels said:

Great thing is half of European cars is they are plastic. No rust. Good fuel efficient engines, I’m usually 6-7 weeks between fills now!

Maybe so but try pulling a dent out of one of them.  You got to replace the entire panel. Metal, just a mallet and a couple of suction cups a lick of paint and you're done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5150PLB1 said:

Maybe so but try pulling a dent out of one of them.  You got to replace the entire panel. Metal, just a mallet and a couple of suction cups a lick of paint and you're done.

At my end of the spectrum, I just leave the dents in them! Actually, come to think of it, I've never put a dent in a car. The wife has! Somebody keyed my car a couple of years ago, and I was upset for about 2 minutes. Then I was like, "Oh, well." I'm still driving it that way.

Seriously, though, I've owned two Saturns in my life, and rebuilt many more than that. You don't get dents in plastic panels, they either suffer the impact well, or they get totally destroyed, and then yes, you do have to replace them. At the time, this was not a big deal. You just bought one from a junkyard for 50 bucks, and put it on. If you were lucky, it might even be the right color. I reckon those days are over.

• Like 1