Another attempt at my first time wearing heels in public

heelguypa

OK guys, here goes once again a new opportunity to try wearing heels in public. The last time I had a very accepting girlfriend she even encouraged me, whoever we never we are aw to take the trip we wanted before breaking up. She got an amazing job opportunity and moved out of the country. Fast forward a few years I am recently married, to my best friend of over 12 years
However she is not as open minded, she berated me for wearing talcum powder smell deodorant saying it is girlie. So this remains a secret.
On the the the business at hand. I just got a new job and will traveling to the US in a few weeks to Rockford Michigan, close to Grand Rapids for training and on boarding. And I am thinking that this might be my chance. I will be staying in Rockford but could rent a car for the weekend and go to Grand Rapids. Does anyone have any experience wearing heels there? I read that they are very LBGTQ+ friendly so it might not be a big deal.

Let me know your thoughts.

Now speaking of shoes I would really like to go out in 4" patent black pointed toe heels, I was able to wear 4" without any issues with little training, however I have not really worn heels for a few years, just try for a little while by wife's shoes while she was out, still 4" were no issue but I know it is different on the street than home. But also think they might be too extreme, not height but the style. My other choices would round toe pumps or maybe either black suede or leather not patent. I would wear jeans that cover most of the heel. And stiletto heel is a MUST, not debatable, lol. 

Also let me know your thoughts and mostly encouragement.

I thought first scout a few locations, find a chill bar or something like that see the ambiance and choose some place before hand.

Thanks

Also I am thinking about scouting a few stores and maybe, very big maybe try and purchase shoes there. That period be and even greater stretch of my courage, but thinking about sounds very nice.

If not Amazon Prime to the rescue 

Edited by heelguypa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, heelguypa said:
OK guys, here goes once again a new opportunity to try wearing heels in public. The last time I had a very accepting girlfriend she even encouraged me, whoever we never we are aw to take the trip we wanted before breaking up. She got an amazing job opportunity and moved out of the country. Fast forward a few years I am recently married, to my best friend of over 12 years
However she is not as open minded, she berated me for wearing talcum powder smell deodorant saying it is girlie. So this remains a secret.
On the the the business at hand. I just got a new job and will traveling to the US in a few weeks to Rockford Michigan, close to Grand Rapids for training and on boarding. And I am thinking that this might be my chance. I will be staying in Rockford but could rent a car for the weekend and go to Grand Rapids. Does anyone have any experience wearing heels there? I read that they are very LBGTQ+ friendly so it might not be a big deal.

Let me know your thoughts.

Now speaking of shoes I would really like to go out in 4" patent black pointed toe heels, I was able to wear 4" without any issues with little training, however I have not really worn heels for a few years, just try for a little while by wife's shoes while she was out, still 4" were no issue but I know it is different on the street than home. But also think they might be too extreme, not height but the style. My other choices would round toe pumps or maybe either black suede or leather not patent. I would wear jeans that cover most of the heel. And stiletto heel is a MUST, not debatable, lol. 

Also let me know your thoughts and mostly encouragement.

I thought first scout a few locations, find a chill bar or something like that see the ambiance and choose some place before hand.

Thanks

Also I am thinking about scouting a few stores and maybe, very big maybe try and purchase shoes there. That period be and even greater stretch of my courage, but thinking about sounds very nice.

If not Amazon Prime to the rescue 

Have a good trip. Not from Michigan but been to Grand Rapids. It's a small city but very nice. Hope someone can join you but be surprised if someone hear in this site is a GR resident.

As a side note, just because a place is LGBT friendly does not mean they would be supportive of men in heels. The LBGT community can be as conservative in that regard as anyone else, possibly even more so.

And at any rate it would be nice to break the thought-cycle that associates heel wearing by men with gayness. If that cycle can’t be broken even here there would appear to be little hope of it ever being broken elsewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shyheels.....    You are so very correct.  It really bothers me when folks make the heels = homosexual connection.  I wear heels, love wearing heels and I am NOT gay, as are several other heel wearing guys I know.  On the other hand, I know several gay guys who don't wear heels, don't crossdress and probably would not think me in heels is cool.  

Some people who know me and and have seen me in heels have even asked my wife if I am gay.  She thought that question was both funny and ridiculous.  She told them "no."  

Yes, some heel wearers are homosexual, and the drive-by media unfortunately play full speed into that stereotype.  Whatever, that mindset will probably always be around, at least for the time being.  

I don't conform to stereotypes, but that is just me.  And I enjoy my wearing heels as a "straight," guy who has a slightly feminine side.  Have fun wearing your heels!   Smile....  sf

• Like 7

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Congratulations, it’s a freaking great feeling to be out in heels the first time. I’m a recent first time heeler and am planning my second one soon enough.

As said, watch in LGBTQ+ places, they can be more conservative than a straight up plain bar. Some homosexual males wear heels, but some use that as a way to prove their feminine side, yes. However the thing is some are further down their echo chamber to prove they are act a man.

Straight guys can wear heels, that is fine. You can have a more feminine side as a straight guy. You can have a more androgynous side as well. It is what makes you, you.

The more males who wear heels, and the more this becomes closer to normal the better. It will be a small sub set in the population who do this, thing is, we need to push the boundaries for others who follow. Times will change, it may be a slow grind for this to happen.

Hope you have a fun time in heels!!!

• Like 4

Yes, this association with heels and gayness annoys me too. I have quite a few gay friends and not a one of them wear heels - or if they do, they do not do so openly. I am very close friends with a lesbian couple, neither of whom wear heels at all and frankly I doubt they’d be very much approving of my doing so, although my heels - block/Cuban heels of 2-3.5” on knee and OTK boots are very modest by the standards of people here.

I have my own style, like what I like, and dislike being labelled - incorrectly! - because of other peoples elephantine stereotyping 

• Like 3

Hello, thank you all for your comments. First I wanted to apologize I didn't mean that men wearing high heels were gay not at all. Actually my thought was along the lines of acceptance and gender fluidity. I am a man straight but they don't know that so I thought it might perceived more on those lines. 

However it is an assumption and all your points are valid. That was my train of thought. 

I will be posting as I get closer to my travel and get there 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Heelguy.....   Aintnothang....  Don’t worry about it, I just put in my two cents.  Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one.  Ha ha....

Take care, enjoy your heels, I do.....   sf

On 2/4/2022 at 10:14 PM, SF said:

Harrumph.......   ha ha......   sf

"I didn't get a hurrumph outta that guy",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you watch your ass       

Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It suddenly occurred to me that nobody has stated the usual caveats. Perhaps it is because we got sidetracked on the whole public perception issue. Perhaps it is because it is somewhat uncomfortable to bring up. So here goes:

I think it is great that you have an opportunity to wear heels as much as you like for a while. I really don't think you should have any problems doing it. However, there is a downside to all of this. Let's pretend for a minute that you take your trip, do your training, and everything goes great. You get to spend all your free time wearing heels, and let's even pretend for a minute that not only do you not have any trouble, but that a number of people like your style, and you gain great confidence by wearing heels.

But then what? Your training is over, and you go back home to your wife, who will not have magically changed during the time you were gone. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just worried that this plan might make your problem even worse than it already is. For 99% of people, this is not like a checklist, or what do they call it nowadays, a bucket list? In other words, it's not like you do the thing (wearing heels in public), check the box on your list, it's done and you move on. I believe the experience, once finished, will make your desire to do it again and regularly much stronger than it is now.

• Like 3

Hello @mlroseplant, I completely agree with you. However let's take it one step at a time, it is not a bucket list but something I want to do for me and yes I assume it will be exhilarating and so cool. But first I have to take that step that I never have, hopefully I will not chicken out and conditions will be good location wise and weather wise. If I do it I won't magically change myself either I will be myself but conquered something and fulfilled something I wanted for long.

I don't this is a subject I will talk to my wife any time soon and also and very important as well this is something I will never do where I live. 

If I can indulge every now and then when I travel for work then that is a another huge milestone. And in the mean time just enjoy reading your adventures, be a little jealous, and build huge shopping carts of wish to have shoes, ironically most of them would step 120 before I would wear them, lol, since I love the prettiest girliest colorful and flashy shoes. 

Here is selection from a topic from a while back showing some of my all time favorites, specially the Sophia Webster butterfly Ciara. 

fashion_silver_stiletto_boots_peep_toe_rinestone_buckle_ankle_boots_02.thumb.jpg.96f118bf2e3915e5a56d3876d6d4aac1.jpgpink_mirror_leather_peep_toe_heels.thumb.jpg.434feffea702d14bb93b64e7a97acc64.jpgchiara-ssm18007-2_448.thumb.jpg.f5b049f7f7afabecf7fc384946293046.jpgcanvas.thumb.png.a3a2570123102b26551f6a98981a81d6.pngchampagne_bridal_heels_with_rhinestones.thumb.jpg.aec34b4cddab4789f5865a1726281d9e.jpg

So for now, black patent pumps, or something similar, are my choice to go out in public, and ver exited and happy about it 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, heelguypa said:

Hello @mlroseplant, I completely agree with you. However let's take it one step at a time, it is not a bucket list but something I want to do for me and yes I assume it will be exhilarating and so cool. But first I have to take that step that I never have, hopefully I will not chicken out and conditions will be good location wise and weather wise. If I do it I won't magically change myself either I will be myself but conquered something and fulfilled something I wanted for long.

I don't this is a subject I will talk to my wife any time soon and also and very important as well this is something I will never do where I live. 

If I can indulge every now and then when I travel for work then that is a another huge milestone. And in the mean time just enjoy reading your adventures, be a little jealous, and build huge shopping carts of wish to have shoes, ironically most of them would step 120 before I would wear them, lol, since I love the prettiest girliest colorful and flashy shoes. 

Here is selection from a topic from a while back showing some of my all time favorites, specially the Sophia Webster butterfly Ciara. 

fashion_silver_stiletto_boots_peep_toe_rinestone_buckle_ankle_boots_02.thumb.jpg.96f118bf2e3915e5a56d3876d6d4aac1.jpgpink_mirror_leather_peep_toe_heels.thumb.jpg.434feffea702d14bb93b64e7a97acc64.jpgchiara-ssm18007-2_448.thumb.jpg.f5b049f7f7afabecf7fc384946293046.jpgcanvas.thumb.png.a3a2570123102b26551f6a98981a81d6.pngchampagne_bridal_heels_with_rhinestones.thumb.jpg.aec34b4cddab4789f5865a1726281d9e.jpg

So for now, black patent pumps, or something similar, are my choice to go out in public, and ver exited and happy about it 

I'm glad that you will get the opportunity to do something that you would otherwise be unable to do. If your new job requires you to travel from time to time, then I guess that gives you something to do when you are far away from home! Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, VirginHeels said:

Congratulations, it’s a freaking great feeling to be out in heels the first time. I’m a recent first time heeler and am planning my second one soon enough.

As said, watch in LGBTQ+ places, they can be more conservative than a straight up plain bar. Some homosexual males wear heels, but some use that as a way to prove their feminine side, yes. However the thing is some are further down their echo chamber to prove they are act a man.

Straight guys can wear heels, that is fine. You can have a more feminine side as a straight guy. You can have a more androgynous side as well. It is what makes you, you.

The more males who wear heels, and the more this becomes closer to normal the better. It will be a small sub set in the population who do this, thing is, we need to push the boundaries for others who follow. Times will change, it may be a slow grind for this to happen.

Hope you have a fun time in heels!!!

I read this and my answer again, and forgot to mention something, I do not want to keep going with this just extend my way of thinking. I mentioned that this place was apparently LGBTQ+ friendly meaning the whole community was accepting of them, so I thought it might not make much of a difference a guy in high heels that is all.

Hopefully all aligns to finally do it. I will be there Sunday and check out what I can the first few days. 

Thanks a lot for the support 

Edited by heelguypa
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heel guy....   Ha ha....  I'm with ya on that one.  I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska.  Knowing there would be ice and snow, and believe me there was, I left the heels and sandals at home.  All I saw were gals and guys in boots and other cold wx shoes, save for one lady who was nicely dressed wearing a simple pair of 2in pumps at a town meeting.  But she was a speaker and changed into the heels upon arrival.  Ice and snow gets very slippery even in best of conditions.  

There will be another time.  Have fun....  sf

• 2 months later...

I congradulate anyone who can take the plunge and wear high heels in public.  Only wish it was more acceptable.  people just want to judge to much.  Me personally will wear heels outside but not in public settings.   But anyway i applaude those that can and do, and love seeing pics of what you are wearing.

• Like 1

give me more heels

A major part of wearing heels in public is CONFIDENCE.  If you act like it is no big deal, most people wont even notice. If you show any weakness you leave yourself open to criticism. 

Edited by Cali
  • Like 4

mickeyunc, Cali is correct. Confidence is the key. Believe it or not - When wearing stiletto heels in public, I pay no attention to the people around me .To me, high heels are just shoes . Over the years I have found that loads of people are noticing I am wearing heels, but they rarely say anything. However, At my endocrinologists office the receptionist fall over each other just see the high heel outfit I am wearing . Put on your heels and go for it . Keep your heels and standards high . Mike5a09d33214632_DSCF5236(1).thumb.JPG.31e8f709dd7370a353ef002b3d9c42c5.JPG

• Like 2

As it has just be said: people WILL notice,people WILL criticize ( or not) people WILL talk. But 99% of the time they WON’T tell you anything ! So if you don’t give a damm to others ,wearing heels publicly is not a big deal. Only the first step is difficult. 

But be sure to wear the right shoes you feel comfortable with. 

• Like 2

Just adapt a persona. A thick skin, and a F the world attitude. People can criticise, but just like what comes out of their arse, their criticisms can be a drizzling dump.

Anotger shoe manufacturer said it well, Just Do It.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mickeyunc said:

I congradulate anyone who can take the plunge and wear high heels in public.  Only wish it was more acceptable.  people just want to judge to much.  Me personally will wear heels outside but not in public settings.   But anyway i applaude those that can and do, and love seeing pics of what you are wearing.

All of these guys who answered before me are right, and I will add that it's different than it was even 10 years ago. Society has evolved in a positive way that affects me personally, even if the politics have not! Sure, there are exceptions, but most places you might go, nobody is going to care. Especially if the rest of your outfit is not outlandish.

• Like 3

I have been in Las Vegas the past three days and have worn heeled sandals (and flats for a short time) the entire time.  Only one person has taken any notice.  Yes, a few glances or double takes, but that happens when I’m not in heels too.  The one comment was in passing, a gal pointed to my shoes, looked at me, smiled and said, “I like that.”  

Heading home today, in heels of course!  Smile...   sf

• Like 2

That was my mind set, specially being somewhere where nobody knows me. I am patiently waiting for next travel to plan and do it. I had even made a shortlist of shoes from DSW that were available at their store there. I might even have tried then there. If not just purchase online and pickup if I chickened out, lol. But I know soon I will be able to finally do it. 

I am 100% set on going out my first time in black patent 4 inch classic pointy toe stilettos, then maybe later have the courage for some flashy heels and colors. One heeled step at a time. 

I will let you know when I have a new chance.