Skies Don’t Fall… First Outing

VirginHeels

I think that's how we all started off (except for 3). There are very few people, and this includes the most confident amongst us, who could suddenly decide, "I'm going to start wearing heels today, and I don't care what anyone else thinks or says." Yeah, that's nice in theory, but reality is somewhat different. You do have to get used to how you look in the mirror, and you have to get used to other people's reactions to you.

• Like 1

I have long legs so there are basically no pants long enough for me to hide my heels.  But I did wear cowboy boots with 2.5" and 3" heels before wearing high heels so it wasn't a sudden thing for me either.  

• Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, Shyheels said:

It’s not a question of ease of use, at least not for me, but a matter of aesthetics and personal style

I agree, a balance between comfort and style.  I get so frustrated when I have heels/boots that I can't master/walk very well in for any distance.  

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I have long legs so there are basically no pants long enough for me to hide my heels.  But I did wear cowboy boots with 2.5" and 3" heels before wearing high heels so it wasn't a sudden thing for me either.  

I really can't empathize with you, as I have the opposite problem. I have to take every pair of pants to the tailor, and then my wife gets mad at me for that. Maybe I need to find a different tailor.

11 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I agree, a balance between comfort and style.  I get so frustrated when I have heels/boots that I can't master/walk very well in for any distance.  

This is sort of the reason that I'm trying to expand my skillset. I want to be able to wear the shoes I like whenever and wherever I want. I get it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve refrained from posting recently, things in life et al.

Been searching for a second outing in heels recently. I am now planning a second outing in my new OnlyMaker Cowboy Boots with the 95mm heel next Monday. Got to go to the opticians. Looking to go the whole day in heels, or as long as I can.

Now to plan the outfit. Black slim jeans or khaki trousers.

• Like 3

Recently, it’s been “cold but dry” of 14-16c, that’s warm for us so summer, only had rain for 3 days in past 4 weeks. It’s to be 17c on Monday, dry seemingly.

Im Scottish, so don’t mind the cold. I’m feeling the Khaki, heels and a hoodie. Look good, but relaxed. After all, we have ditched the masks and all but gone and put fingers in our ears and gone LaLaLaLaLa to the pandemic.

This look will have the heel fully exposed. No where to hide. A confidence bump. I’m gonna drive in them too, so more new heeling experience.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Recently, it’s been “cold but dry” of 14-16c, that’s warm for us so summer, only had rain for 3 days in past 4 weeks. It’s to be 17c on Monday, dry seemingly.

Im Scottish, so don’t mind the cold. I’m feeling the Khaki, heels and a hoodie. Look good, but relaxed. After all, we have ditched the masks and all but gone and put fingers in our ears and gone LaLaLaLaLa to the pandemic.

This look will have the heel fully exposed. No where to hide. A confidence bump. I’m gonna drive in them too, so more new heeling experience.

Enjoy your trip - but I hope not literally!   And please let us see a pic of your outfit when you tell us how it went.

You might want to wear the boots tomorrow if you go out to vote - you will be in good company with an assortment of strangely-dressed individuals (quite apart from the candidates)!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Enjoy your trip - but I hope not literally!   And please let us see a pic of your outfit when you tell us how it went.

You might want to wear the boots tomorrow if you go out to vote - you will be in good company with an assortment of strangely-dressed individuals (quite apart from the candidates)!

Thanks, will enjoy it. I’m working tomorrow, so can’t wear them. Bloody flat safety shoes for work 😔.

Don't get me started on politics, I can rip a hole through them all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Thanks, will enjoy it. I’m working tomorrow, so can’t wear them. Bloody flat safety shoes for work 😔.

Don't get me started on politics, I can rip a hole through them all.

At least the lovely Nicola (!) is usually in decent heels!   (SNP = Stilettos; no platforms)

3 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Didn’t get to wear my heels. It appears I injured myself whilst watching a important football match. There will be another outing opportunity soon.

I actually injured myself (slightly) trying to parody how a young security guard used to react to me at the social media site where I work. I didn't think that was possible, but I guess I'm getting old. To be clear and G rated, she used to jump up and down and throw her arms up in the air, and yell "Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!" when she saw my car coming up to the entrance gate. I'm not making this up. Ask my coworkers. This slight injury doesn't affect my ability to wear heels at all, luckily. It only affects my ability to do my job. So, no problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I actually injured myself (slightly) trying to parody how a young security guard used to react to me at the social media site where I work. I didn't think that was possible, but I guess I'm getting old. To be clear and G rated, she used to jump up and down and throw her arms up in the air, and yell "Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!" when she saw my car coming up to the entrance gate. I'm not making this up. Ask my coworkers. This slight injury doesn't affect my ability to wear heels at all, luckily. It only affects my ability to do my job. So, no problem.

OK, I'll admit it.  Don't understand the connection between jumping up and down yelling squirrel and your heels....

If the roles were reversed and you did that to her, it would be some sort of harassment incident and you would be disciplined.  Strange times we live in these days.  smile...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I see workman's compensation for your injury at work.

21 hours ago, pebblesf said:

OK, I'll admit it.  Don't understand the connection between jumping up and down yelling squirrel and your heels....

VH said he injured himself whilst watching an important football match. Not playing, not actually running around. I managed to slightly injure myself while imitating that young security guard. I'm just saying we're getting old, man. It really has nothing to do with heels, other than that VH's injury prevented him from wearing his heels, and mine did not.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:29 AM, SF said:

If the roles were reversed and you did that to her, it would be some sort of harassment incident and you would be disciplined.  Strange times we live in these days.  smile...   sf

Given the negative and/or puzzled tone of the replies and reactions I have gotten, perhaps I have failed to supply a key piece of information about these incidents. You see, Squirrel is my name, it's not an insult. Not the name my parents gave me, but it's a work nickname that has stuck so hard that many coworkers don't know what my real name is. As evidence of this, I submit a picture of my hard hat.

If I were to see this security guard sometime in the future, and jump up and down and shout, "Ariel! Ariel! Ariel!"(which is her name), it might be unseemly for an old man like me (plus I'd probably hurt my shoulder doing it), but I wouldn't get in any trouble for it either, not even at the Pinko Commie place where I work.

SquirrelHardHat.jpg

• Like 1