Sneaker wedges - hot or not?

Stefqq

20 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I had an uncle like that too - he insisted I had to wear a tie to church. I was about twelve at the time. I showed up grinning wearing a tie - and a T-shirt. He flipped his lid and right there on the church steps yelled something wholly inappropriate, much worse form than my tie and T-shirt combo…

You could have worn it as a belt.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, p1ng74 said:

By chance, I just stumbled these that might appeal to the anti-wedge crowd:

408e11c4-9cf5-4115-8d19-68e19bef7f40-com3e4431ed-5e98-44a2-9ee1-bfea2281da55-com

Comme des Garçons Nikes...

I wonder if these were really made by Nike, seems doubtful.  I'm not in love with the design, and would prefer the Nike "sky high dunk" hidden wedge sneaks.  

It's -10º (-23º C) this morning. There's still nearly a foot of snow on the ground. I got to take my kid to school here in a couple hours. I think I'm gonna try out my wedge sneakers this very morning, to see if I can discover why I quit wearing them.

• Like 1

I did as I said I would do, and now I remember why I quit wearing my wedge sneakers, which are Nike brand. Don't judge me, I bought them years ago, and I think they were used! Anyways, they are of course high top sneakers, to accommodate the wedge, so they don't really work well with the pants I normally wear, they're a pain in the neck to get on and off, and frankly.  .  . they're not high heels. They're not! I put a tape measure to them, and, due to the design, it's difficult to get a truly accurate measurement, but they're 2-and-something inches effective steepness. They're not high heels. I don't get my high heel feeling out of them. They're flats that are really hard to get on and off. So why not wear regular tennis shoes when I need to wear tennis shoes? My present recollection has been refreshed. I don't hate them, but I will certainly never purchase a new pair.

• Like 1