How Long are you in Heels Each Day/Week

VirginHeels

Quick question to you all, typically, how long in terms of time do you spend in heels each day. Time seated and on your feet would be great too, even a percentage would be good.

I’m not talking about being locked into heels, just ordinary normal time.

Just thought this would be a good topic as I can’t see if it’s been covered before.

Pre-pandemic sometimes up to 16 hours. Now I have only wore them 12 hours, and most days only 4 hours since I'm mostly barefooted at home.  I am in heels almost even time I leave my house and when I'm on ZOOM and walking.  Four hours is not enough for my body. The more time in heels the less pain killers I need to take..

Edited by Cali

17 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

6 to 8, but must answer your own question. 

I shall. Less than a hour a week. Simply down to two factors, I have to work in non slip flat shoes and fitness in trainers. Plus need to find a 3 inch heel that I can wear as a daily shoe as my 4 inch ones are more dressy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Plus need to find a 3 inch heel that I can wear as a daily shoe as my 4 inch ones are more dressy.

One day you will have many more than a just a few heels.

I never had more that 8 men's shoes at one time my whole life. I now have around 60 heels and another 4 trainers. Men's shoes never fit me correctly so I hated to shopping for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cali said:

One day you will have many more than a just a few heels.

I never had more that 8 men's shoes at one time my whole life. I now have around 60 heels and another 4 trainers. Men's shoes never fit me correctly so I hated to shopping for them.

That is my hope. I will still use flat safety shoes for work, otherwise I shall need to move department or look for another job. Both ideas are equally bad right now.

I have 3 pair of 2.5 inch that are not high enough now. I have a 3.5 inch/.5 inch platform pair and a 4 inch pair. I just need to find a pair of two in the 3-3.5 inch range to use daily. And since the start of this journey this past year, I have came to the conclusion that even if I know the majority of what I will wear will be block/chunky heel boots, I will seek to wear pumps and even pumps and boots with a stiletto in the future. Nothing with a open toe.

• Like 1

An interesting question, and more difficult to answer than I would have thought at first blush. I am one of many who cannot wear heels to work because of the nature of my profession. When I get home, I always change into heels, though sometimes the height is not particularly impressive. However, it doesn't feel like much of that time counts because it's incidental and intermittent. Theoretically, I'm in heels for about 6 hours a days on weekdays, but it feels like it should only count for 1 or 2. For example, my shoes are right here beside me, but not on my feet as I type this. I do have some outside obligations during the week, those definitely count.

Same thing for the weekend, only more. Theoretically, I'm in heels more than 16 hours a day on the weekends, unless I've something specific to do where I wouldn't wear heels, like yardwork and such. But you can't really count that as being in heels for 16 hours. Typically, whether it be church activities or the occasional shopping trip, the maximum continuous duration I'm ever "in heels" would be about 5 hours. I have had occasion to have been in heels the entire waking day before, and it's definitely something I'd have to get used to should I ever decide to become a tour guide in my old age.

I have been retired for almost two (2) decades. So, since I consider myself a high heel fanatic, I wear 14cm heels all day long. Exceptions, Physical labor - working in the yard, etc. Never go out in public in flats = ugly shoes. High heels only . Mike  IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.8ba778b989fccf983546ccb83a13f839.JPG

• Like 2

By default, I wear heels all the time while I'm completely alone. This means that I essentially wear them 20-21hrs a day on weekends and 9-10hrs on workdays on average (I only wear heels while in my room and while taking a shower but I also "cheat" a little because I've been sleeping in high heels for about 3 years now that's why those numbers are so high)
But yeah, I don't stand too much during that time - maybe 4-5% of that time is actually spent standing / walking in the heels, which isn't too much. One of my dreams for the future is to spend a week with my crush where we both wear high heels for a full 168 hours non-stop!!

• Like 1

About 6feet 2 inches long (high)...  Oh, maybe a few hours a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, just depends on what I am doing that day.  But I do enjoy wearing heels whenever possible and appropriate.  Enjoy your heels, smile.....   sf  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I’m always in heels when I leave the house.  But I don’t take nearly as many long trips as I used to.  Before covid, on a normal day in a hotel I would put the boots on right after waking up and showering, and they would stay on my feet 16+ hours until I went to bed.  I got used to waking many miles around in heels - with tall boots you can’t just slip them off and on like pumps.  

• Like 1

That is a tough question, but i will try to conquer it.

Let me take an average day, that is easy. About 2 hours of being in heels could be the norm. 1 hour of shopping and 1 hour when my husband comes home. It may be less or more according to circumstances, but it looks reasonable in hindsight. Maybe some additional time in the evening for some private pleasure together on some days.

On a special day it may be a longer period if we are going for an event. That could be a few hours for a trip to the cinema for example, or many hours for a wedding or an anniersary. But due to the current covid19 situation that has become a rare sight.

On some days i do not like heels at all and will be barefoot when at home. These days have been increasing in numbers over the last few years.

I didn't wear heels at all this week! Unless you count the 2 inch wedges I normally use as house slippers and/or "farmer's market" shoes. I don't feel they really count as heels. Some of you may be wondering why, and like the song says, I can't tell you why. I just didn't feel like it. We will see what next week brings. I do plan on wearing heels to church this morning, if the car will start. Currently, the temperature is -9º F, -23º C.

I've never had any issues walking in high heels again after a long time in flats. Or even after weeks of not wearing them. Usually I wear mine around the house, and probably a little more now that I have to work at home. But sometimes I just don't feel like it. Like now. And sometimes there's no point in wearing them around the house all day because I have to get out, or take an zoom fitness class.

7 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

It happened to me to have to skip heels for  some days. Then I have to restart with lower ones on the first hours. To give the ankles some time to regain the flexibility. 
Same for you? Or any tip !

Yes, it is the same with me. I have to start with lower heels. It's like with ballet dancing or playing a musical instrument. If you skip a day, or three, you must begin again. Well, maybe not begin again, but it is time to relearn.

By the way, the cars all started! They didn't like it, but they started.

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I didn't wear heels at all this week! Unless you count the 2 inch wedges I normally use as house slippers and/or "farmer's market" shoes. I don't feel they really count as heels. Some of you may be wondering why, and like the song says, I can't tell you why. I just didn't feel like it. We will see what next week brings. I do plan on wearing heels to church this morning, if the car will start. Currently, the temperature is -9º F, -23º C.

Broke my streak! But the total time was less than 3 hours. I think I'll do better this week. Besides, I'm supposed to get a new pair of shoes today.

BootsFor2022.jpg

Definitely way too few hours for me. On a good week it may average at 2-3 hours per day but normal weeks, which are not generally as good, possibly only 1-2 although on reflection I could actively change that to push the numbers up.

Working from home a lot more, like now, I just have bare feet unless they get cold.

The type of closure make a difference to me. The harder to get in and out of makes a big difference. My wedges are very easy to get on and off. So when I am home working at my desk I tend to kick them off and walk barefooted. If I have some lace up or zip up ankle booties, I tend to stay in them. My knee high stay on all day, I don't even think about taking them off.

Also I almost always drive in heels.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cali said:

The type of closure makes a difference to me. The harder they are to get in and out of makes a big difference. My wedges are very easy to get on and off. So when I am home working at my desk I tend to kick them off and walk barefooted. If I have some lace up or zip up ankle booties, I tend to stay in them. My knee highs stay on all day, I don't even think about taking them off.

Also I almost always drive in heels.

I never realized it before, but this might be one reason I prefer mules, and 50+% of my collection are of that configuration. However, not all of my mules are really easy to get on and off. That will give me something else to catalog--"no hand" shoes vs. "hand" shoes. Hand intensive shoes vs. minimal hand shoes. It could be interesting.

We live in a "hybrid" house. The downstairs is so configured and floored that you probably would not want to walk barefoot most of the time, so downstairs is a shoe-on space. Shoes are not allowed upstairs, however. Therefore, it behooves one to wear easy-on, easy-off shoes around the house. I do occasionally break the rule if I've gotten fully dressed to go out somewhere with fiddly shoes, and need to run upstairs for something at the last minute.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...