Jessica Simpson Wedge Sneakers

blueparrot

I just ordered these from Dillards, on sale for $58.80 with sizes up to 11.  Color:Natural/Ash - Image 1 - Meliney Animal Print Lace-Up Wedge Sneakers

I saw them in the store this morning and they were still $99 there.  I bought my wife some shoes then left.  I checked on line this afternoon and found they were marked down.  Heel is 4.65" and the style is called "Meliney".  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, blueparrot said:

I just ordered these from Dillards, on sale for $58.80 with sizes up to 11.  Color:Natural/Ash - Image 1 - Meliney Animal Print Lace-Up Wedge Sneakers

I saw them in the store this morning and they were still $99 there.  I bought my wife some shoes then left.  I checked on line this afternoon and found they were marked down.  Heel is 4.65" and the style is called "Meliney".  

Ugly

3 minutes ago, HelenInHeels said:

Sorry, but this looks like a hoof to me. But of course different people = different tastes.

I agree.

I'm not quite sure either about the point of mixing sneakers and heels. It's like ordering a lo-calorie chocolate sundae - why?

• Like 1

Mr Blueparrot.....  Hey, if you like 'em, go for it and have fun....   

Personally, I am a sandal guy....   Happy Thanksgiving...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

There is another problem with this style of shoe, one that doesn't affect everybody, but it does affect some. Specifically, they are sort of so.  .  . visually dense (not to mention that it cuts you off right at the ankle) that one must be careful about proportions.

512528730_PradaJoesCS.thumb.jpg.ffff77f60f0ad552699c75d68e91b74c.jpg

21 hours ago, SF said:

Mr Blueparrot.....  Hey, if you like 'em, go for it and have fun....   

Personally, I am a sandal guy....   Happy Thanksgiving...   sf

Evidently, we are in the minority, and a very small minority at that.

• Like 1

Yep, there are a few of us "sandal guys" here, but being in the minority can be a good thing....   I enjoy wearing my stylish sandals, as do the few others here as well.  

Take care, Happy thanksgiving.....   sf

I admit this is an experiment.  Never done anything like this and may not again.  I saw them in the store and thought about trying the look.  They were twice the price there.  If it doesn't work out then out they go.  I tried another fashion item for the first time, culottes.  They didn't work for me so they are going to the thrift store.  If we never try something then we will never really know.  

• Like 2

Read something that Jessica Simpson has just recently recovered full control of her brand name and use of her name as a trademark and copyright. She just needs to see a few deals finish in the next year to eighteen months and she will be reviewing and replacing lots on her stores.

She may start to design her own shoes and her own stuff. The hard work of getting her name back has finished. The hard work of actual ownership and making it a success have just begun.

Blueparrot.....   Hey, go for it.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained...  

Over the years I have bought numerous pair of shoes (flats, heels, you name it) that just did not work out for lots of different reasons.  It is good to have choices and opinions.  

Have fun...   sf