Center of the World - Felicity, CA and Heels...

SF

The past few days, while out traveling I had occasion to visit the official "Center of the World."  It is an interesting, and little known "monument" in the small town of Felicity, California (population 2) in the desert west of Yuma, Arizona.  The location has actually been proclaimed the Center of the World by resolution of the Imperial County Supervisors as well as the Government of France.  It was still warm in the desert - 90 degrees - and I was the only person visiting on this day.  

As I wandered around looking at the displays and imagining the dedication, research, planning and cost that went into this project I was approached by a caretaker, she and her husband built the place.  She was very friendly and informative and gave me a mini tour even tho the place was still closed for the summer - they "officially" open on December 1st.  

We spent about 20 minutes together and when we parted, she said with a smile , "I really like your shoes."  I was wearing my kitten heels sandals (see attachment), a pair that I have had for a while and really enjoy wearing.  She asked if they were comfortable - they are - and asked if I wear them all the time.  I told her that I am one of "those" guys who like gals shoes and enjoy wearing heels.  She said that she also likes heels, but has never seen a guy in heels but can fully understand why I would enjoy wearing them.  

I told her that wearing gals shoes is something I have done for years, it is just a choice that I have made in my life.  She told me that I looked great and we all should do what makes us happy in this short time on earth, the Center of the World included.  

A link to the place is below if anyone is interested.  

http://www.felicity.us/home.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.22.00 AM.png

• Like 8

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

58 minutes ago, SF said:

The past few days, while out traveling I had occasion to visit the official "Center of the World."  It is an interesting, and little known "monument" in the small town of Felicity, California (population 2) in the desert west of Yuma, Arizona.  The location has actually been proclaimed the Center of the World by resolution of the Imperial County Supervisors as well as the Government of France.  It was still warm in the desert - 90 degrees - and I was the only person visiting on this day.  

As I wandered around looking at the displays and imagining the dedication, research, planning and cost that went into this project I was approached by a caretaker, she and her husband built the place.  She was very friendly and informative and gave me a mini tour even tho the place was still closed for the summer - they "officially" open on December 1st.  

We spent about 20 minutes together and when we parted, she said with a smile , "I really like your shoes."  I was wearing my kitten heels sandals (see attachment), a pair that I have had for a while and really enjoy wearing.  She asked if they were comfortable - they are - and asked if I wear them all the time.  I told her that I am one of "those" guys who like gals shoes and enjoy wearing heels.  She said that she also likes heels, but has never seen a guy in heels but can fully understand why I would enjoy wearing them.  

I told her that wearing gals shoes is something I have done for years, it is just a choice that I have made in my life.  She told me that I looked great and we all should do what makes us happy in this short time on earth, the Center of the World included.  

Great Story.  Glad you had a good visit and that thew lady asked about your heels.  It feels good to talk to others about our likes.

Thank You for sharing

Henri

• Like 1

Why is it the Center of the World?  The San Andreas earthquake fault passes thru this area.  The San Andreas is a major fault system that bisects California and divides the Pacific and the North American tectonic plates.  Scientists have conclusively proven that at this exact point on the fault system, there exist tectonic, and geophysical forces, along with sub-atomic relativities that form a lateral vortex creating a focal zone of centricity found nowhere else in nature.....  Naw...

Actually it is a self proclaimed creation by a French gentleman, Jacques Andre Istel and his wife Felicia Lee who founded the town in 1986.  There is no scientific or political reason for the designation.  Mr Istel is a legacy parachutist and author who apparently has an affinity for history, culture, science and all things on earth.  He built his "town" and was able to convince the Imperial County Supervisors and well as others to designate his town as the "Center of the World."  Good for him, but unfortunately he is incorrect, my residence, about 150 miles distant IS actually the Center of the World.  

Nonetheless an interesting place to visit, in the wintertime, it gets really, really hot there in the summer.  And it was a fun place to wear heels!!  Have fun....  sf

Edited by SF
minor typo
  • Like 1

90 degrees south, now that would be interesting, and fun....   I was at the Arctic Circle (66 North) in AK a few years ago, the wife was looking for the "line" marking the circle, I thought she was kidding, sadly not.  ha ha...  The stars are all different at those high latitudes.    

A riddle:  You are in a house, all the walls face south.  A bear walks by, what color is the bear?  Should be easy given the earlier "hints."  

2 hours ago, SF said:

90 degrees south, now that would be interesting, and fun....   I was at the Arctic Circle (66 North) in AK a few years ago, the wife was looking for the "line" marking the circle, I thought she was kidding, sadly not.  ha ha...  The stars are all different at those high latitudes.    

A riddle:  You are in a house, all the walls face south.  A bear walks by, what color is the bear?  Should be easy given the earlier "hints."  

It is not only a riddle, it is an actual problem for aircraft flying over the pole. To overcome this problem "Grid Navigation" can be used instead of true north.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

30 minutes ago, Isolathor said:

It is not only a riddle, it is an actual problem for aircraft flying over the pole. To overcome this problem "Grid Navigation" can be used instead of true north.

That's what they do at the South Pole base too.

And they work on Christchurch's time zone - having the entire range of timezones they could legitimately use. Christchurch is where the US supply flights come from and so they choose that one.    

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That's what they do at the South Pole base too.

And they work on Christchurch's time zone - having the entire range of timezones they could legitimately use. Christchurch is where the US supply flights come from and so they choose that one.    

Being as this has become a rambling thread, I had a niece who was a student in Christchurch when that big earthquake thingy happened. Her image is posted somewhere in the depth of this website.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:44 AM, SF said:

Way to go SF. Let the ladies know that we men do like to wear heels, too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1