Jeans and Heels

Isolathor

And to think I was so proud of myself for having drunk the local water and not gotten ill at all throughout my stay there and it was the last day. Those the Gods wish to punish they inflict with hubris.

Hmmmm....   In that part of the would would not it be called the "imam's revenge?"  Maybe??  Smile...   sf 

Edited by SF
minor typo

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 4 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 4:58 AM, Isolathor said:

That was a decade ago, when she had some platforms. Today there are only 2 or 3 pairs left. But platforms could be another thread.

Back to jeans and heels:

1896489831_P1030378b_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.cb296814d31afa89f06c0ba9fb995c89.jpg

693557100_P1030379b_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.db2646780136082538ca4d5c3396a628.jpg

I do like a skinny jean with heel. The black jeans and black boots with detail look Great :)

• Like 1

I have several pair of Gloria Vanderbilt gals jeans that I wear with my heels.  They and comfy, stretchy and a tad bit shorter than guys pants which allows more of the heel to be showing.  Makes for a nice look.  Depending on what I am doing, I much prefer gals jeans to my guys jeans.  Have fun....   sf

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SF said:

I have several pair of Gloria Vanderbilt gals jeans that I wear with my heels. 

I have a couple of hers as well, although they are straight leg & I prefer skinny jeans with heels, I still wear them on occasion. I started out by wearing boot cut or bell bottom jeans as I felt more secure hiding my heels but as my comfort level grew I never wore them again. I was going to toss them out or make cutoffs out of them when I realized they would be great for doing yard work in. They have lots of stretch & the flare helps keeps the debris out of my shoes. I am going to buy more of them when these ones wear out.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, chesterx said:

I have a couple of hers as well, although they are straight leg & I prefer skinny jeans with heels, I still wear them on occasion. I started out by wearing boot cut or bell bottom jeans as I felt more secure hiding my heels but as my comfort level grew I never wore them again. I was going to toss them out or make cutoffs out of them when I realized they would be great for doing yard work in. They have lots of stretch & the flare helps keeps the debris out of my shoes. I am going to buy more of them when these ones wear out.

I did the same thing for the first few years, and I just got rid of several pairs of boot cut pants, both jeans and dressier items. However, I still keep a few pairs around because they appear to be coming back into style again, and while I do like to show my heels, there is a certain charm in taking a cloak and dagger approach, with nothing but little pins showing at the back/bottom of the pants. However, I will never again wear mules with this style. Big logistical problems there! I do not miss that.

• Like 2

Interesting!

Because I more or less did the same. At first flare jeans: out of fashion, so got rid of them. 

i tried some baggy pants. Too ugly. 
then boot cut. That was ok 

then as I was feeling more secure:levy’s  511 or similar. My preference 

At present also some boot cut again when the place may not accept too visible heels  

Next? 

• Like 1

I started out in the hide the heels mode.  I think we all do.  33 inch in-seams that left very little of the heel exposed.

After purchasing thigh high and knee high boots, hiding them under my pants just wasn't right, the look was completely wrong.  And why have these gorgeous boots and hide them anyway.  So I went to a Levi's store and tried on men's skinny jeans and women's skinny jeans. The women's 311 fit so much better. I also like their 311 corduroy pants.  These are low rise, so I had to get creative on where to put my stuff: keys, etc. The 311's are 30 inch in-seams.  I have several versions of Express jeans.  Some with 28 inch inseams, but with boots the shorter the better.  I have some HighFlex, and super soft types. And now have some high waist jeans.

Leggings and heels once in a while too.

And I wear my skinny jeans with my Steve Madden clogs all the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cali said:

I started out in the hide the heels mode.  I think we all do.  33 inch in-seams that left very little of the heel exposed.

After purchasing thigh high and knee high boots, hiding them under my pants just wasn't right, the look was completely wrong.  And why have these gorgeous boots and hide them anyway.  So I went to a Levi's store and tried on men's skinny jeans and women's skinny jeans. The women's 311 fit so much better. I also like their 311 corduroy pants.  These are low rise, so I had to get creative on where to put my stuff: keys, etc. The 311's are 30 inch in-seams.  I have several versions of Express jeans.  Some with 28 inch inseams, but with boots the shorter the better.  I have some HighFlex, and super soft types. And now have some high waist jeans.

Leggings and heels once in a while too.

And I wear my skinny jeans with my Steve Madden clogs all the time.

I wear levis 511s, have one pair of 510s.  Will surely have a look at levis 311s the next time I'm in the levis store.  My 511s look silly tucked inside my boots, need something much tighter.  Would love to wear leggings, but this old "dad bod" just can't pull off that look, would be a "fail", as the kids would say

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

I wear levis 511s, have one pair of 510s.  Will surely have a look at levis 311s the next time I'm in the levis store.  My 511s look silly tucked inside my boots, need something much tighter.  Would love to wear leggings, but this old "dad bod" just can't pull off that look, would be a "fail", as the kids would say

Also check out some of the high waist jeans.  The Levi's sales associates know which women jeans that men buy. You wont be the first nor the last man to purchase women's jeans

Look youngster, aka, @pebblesf, this older dad body uses leggings as my base layer when skiing. After a day on the slopes, I take off the top layer of ski clothing and exchange the ski boots for heels.  I drive to where ever I go in the leggings (and heels).  Check in at hotels, stop at stores on the way home, etc. 

Today I have a pedicure and have leggings on.  They are easier to pull up the leg since I get a foot and leg message as part of the pedicure

10 hours ago, Cali said:

Also check out some of the high waist jeans.  The Levi's sales associates know which women jeans that men buy. You wont be the first nor the last man to purchase women's jeans

Look youngster, aka, @pebblesf, this older dad body uses leggings as my base layer when skiing. After a day on the slopes, I take off the top layer of ski clothing and exchange the ski boots for heels.  I drive to where ever I go in the leggings (and heels).  Check in at hotels, stop at stores on the way home, etc. 

Today I have a pedicure and have leggings on.  They are easier to pull up the leg since I get a foot and leg message as part of the pedicure

Was thinking of trying some of the nike/athletic type leggings, maybe I will someday

I finally succumbed to pressure, and got some high waisted jeans. Well, that's what the ad said. I think they are normal waist, but certainly the zipper is longer than most of my other jeans,although  the waistband is still a ways away from my belly button.  I have yet to get a picture, so I'll have to let you know, but my feeling is that they probably flatter me, because I have really short legs, and the higher waist brings things more into proportion.

Guys, don't be afraid to wear leggings. I do and even with an older body, I still get lots of compliments wearing them from the ladies. My wife and I even have some matching pairs of leggings. I'm anxiously waiting for warmer weather so I can wear my capri leggings which really shows off your heels. So as SF says why should gals have all the fun. And BTW, I like my women's jeans. GV to be exact and I have them in regular length, crop length and capri length.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

I know this is supposed to be about jeans, but we've taken a left turn. The problem I have with leggings is that unless I wear something very long on top, I feel like I'm showing people something they really don't need to see. The only place where this seems to be acceptable in polite society is at the ballet.

• Like 1

When I wear my leggings I make sure that I wear a longer top as not to show off anything. I and my wife don't have any problem with that. That's my feeling on this matter.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Never tried leggings, they just don't look comfortable, but my apparently perception is probably in error.  Plus the wife is not to excited about me wearing leggings.  I used to run a lot, now I just walk (a lot).  I see many folks, guys and gals, in leggings so based on what I see and posts here, there must be something to it, maybe?  Might be fun to try.  

Now all I have to do is convince the wife.  Will see.  Have fun in your leggings.    sf

• Like 2

@Shyheels, some bike shorts are more revealing than leggings.  There is a whole gamete of legging, from very thin to jegging which are basically thin pants.  I have them all and wear them all.  I use legging as a base layer when skiing and on very cold stormy days I might have two pair on.  I use them when I kayak, I have some with ankle zippers and I unzip when I load and unload. If I tip over, they wont fill with water

Some leggings have texture, like the ones I have on today. I have wore these out in public many times.  Leggings are just comfortable skinny pants.  But be careful @SF, you may like them then you will have to really convince your wife.  Does she wear leggings?

• Like 1

Leggings have made their way into mainstream men's fashion.  If you Google "men's leggings" you will get thousand of results.  Many of the athletic/sports companies now sell these.  The compression legging are very popular with athletes. And some of the women's legging manufactures have come out with "unisex" and male leggings.  So don't be afraid of leggings.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Pumped said:

I was wearing leggings 35 years ago when I would go for a run. I didn't cover them up like some guys do. I let the bulge show!

Outside of athletics, I don't see it becoming a thing. Outside of a few of us, and I might say a few of you, you will never see a guy at the grocery store or the mall wearing leggings. I don't know exactly why that is, but there is my prediction. Running? Yes. Wearing in real life? Hard no. Except for 3.

There is the possibility that Mike Myers singlehandedly ruined the whole thing for us.

https://tenor.com/bh5td.gif

I wear leggings to shop at the grocery store, mall, bank, P.O. Where ever I have to go. I like to wear leggings and will continue to do so. Why should girls have all the fun.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

Leggings or not (it is a personal preference), this is much mo bettah with sound.  

Now ve vill dance!!!  smile   sf

• Haha 1