Me in public with heels

peterborough

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Howeveah.  .  . it is difficult to keep from feeling self-conscious when walking past a group of people who are stationary for whatever reason, and are not making a bunch of noise themselves.

Go old school and carry a Boombox. 

Edited by Cali

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Every once in a while, I still feel like all eyes are upon me because of my shoes, especially when I make a racket getting where I'm going.   Over the last 10 years, I have developed a love/hate relationship with the noise that many heels make. Theoretically, I like the noise, especially the peculiar sound of mules. Howeveah.  .  . it is difficult to keep from feeling self-conscious when walking past a group of people who are stationary for whatever reason, and are not making a bunch of noise themselves.

I hear ya for sure.  "love/hate relationship" is a great way of describing those feelings

• 6 months later...

Off to town soon  in my 4" boots.

Picture on the left is how i wear my jeans with these. The picture on the right is so you can see how the boot looks.

I'm going to town to get 3 new pairs of Jeans cut down which means the lady in the shop will see the boot as she will need to work out how much to cut down the jeans by

Picture1.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 9

Heelers : A masculine looking boot. Is that what this site has come to. [OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE REMOVED] Where is your pride? You talk about this membership dwindling. That we no longer hear from our female members Well hello, why would they fallow tasteless crap shoes that look like ARMY boots? I am beginning to consider leaving. The only reason I haven't dropped out thus far is because there is still one or two who still wear descent HIGH HEELS.  This is HHPlace. These are HIGH HEELS.  --->     MikeIMG_0059.thumb.JPG.4c95d3523943104fc0f34a8d2ac3e434.JPG

Edited by Tech
OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE REMOVED
  • Like 3

On 5/1/2023 at 4:26 PM, spikesmike said:

Heelers : A masculine looking boot. Is that what this site has come to. [OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE REMOVED]. Where is your pride? You talk about this membership dwindling. That we no longer hear from our female members Well hello, why would they fallow tasteless crap shoes that look like ARMY boots? I am beginning to consider leaving. The only reason I haven't dropped out thus far is because there is still one or two who still wear descent HIGH HEELS.  This is HHPlace. These are HIGH HEELS.  --->     MikeIMG_0059.thumb.JPG.4c95d3523943104fc0f34a8d2ac3e434.JPG

I'm with you Mike. 

• Like 1

spikesmike

If you are going to take the piss out of another members choice of shoes, maybe your the problem and you should leave.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to be mean. yes the boots may not be your style. But does that give you the right to be rude? No. that is prob the real reason that female members no longer come here. due to people like yourself with your rude comments.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heelers : A masculine looking boot. Is that what this site has come to. [OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE REMOVED]. Where is your pride? You talk about this membership dwindling. That we no longer hear from our female members Well hello, why would they fallow tasteless crap shoes that look like ARMY boots? I am beginning to consider leaving. The only reason I haven't dropped out thus far is because there is still one or two who still wear descent HIGH HEELS.  This is HHPlace. These are HIGH HEELS.  --->     MikeIMG_0059.thumb.JPG.4c95d3523943104fc0f34a8d2ac3e434.JPG

With respect, Mike, those are fetish heels and not worn by many women and certainly not in any day-to-day setting. Yes, they are high, but style is not quantifiable; it can't be measured with a tape. By many good opinions, both women and men, the shoes you pictured here could be reckoned tasteless. As I've already noted, you'd never see anything like that  worn in an office, even one where high heels were de rigueur. Watch The Devil Wears Prada. Do you see anything like that there? No. Sex In The City? No. Your taste is your taste and that's fine - this forum is ostensibly about tolerance as well as about fashion. 

Now, there is nothing wrong or tasteless about those boots or with seeking or having a masculine look in heels. Nothing at all. Quite the opposite in my view. I think those boots are quite nice, especially paired with jeans. THat is my taste and style and obviously his - it needn't be yours. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peterborough said:

spikesmike

If you are going to take the piss out of another members choice of shoes, maybe your the problem and you should leave.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to be mean. yes the boots may not be your style. But does that give you the right to be rude? No. that is prob the real reason that female members no longer come here. due to people like yourself with your rude comments.

I totally agree with you here peterborough.

This forum is called High heel place.

Who said the heels had to be fetish or exclusively stilettos?

No need to be mean, to judge others.

Some of us do like more "masculine" boots, and I'm one of these.

I like the style you wore and grats to you for your outings!

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

With respect, Mike, those are fetish heels and not worn by many women and certainly not in any day-to-day setting. Yes, they are high, but style is not quantifiable; it can't be measured with a tape. By many good opinions, both women and men, the shoes you pictured here could be reckoned tasteless. As I've already noted, you'd never see anything like that  worn in an office, even one where high heels were de rigueur. Watch The Devil Wears Prada. Do you see anything like that there? No. Sex In The City? No. Your taste is your taste and that's fine - this forum is ostensibly about tolerance as well as about fashion. 

Now, there is nothing wrong or tasteless about those boots or with seeking or having a masculine look in heels. Nothing at all. Quite the opposite in my view. I think those boots are quite nice, especially paired with jeans. THat is my taste and style and obviously his - it needn't be yours. 

Spot on!

I mean, these heels, as shown by spikesmike, are 'slutty' to say the least.

What I mean by that is that most women would never wear this type of heels, anywhere but in the bedroom; there is nothing practical about it and I think it belongs more in the fetish realm.

I love heels, however seeing a woman wearing these shoes out, I would think they are "innapropriate" and that the woman lacks class.

However... why would someone in here attack another fellow heel lover because he does not like his choice of shoes?

Are there any lessons that should be learned in here?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I get what you are saying, but sometimes I do want to look as masculine as possible, and in those cases the boots above are what I would be looking for. Other times I am in the mood for 5" stilettos. Depends on my mood, no need to exclude one for the other.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

I get what you are saying, but sometimes I do want to look as masculine as possible, and in those cases the boots above are what I would be looking for. Other times I am in the mood for 5" stilettos. Depends on my mood, no need to exclude one for the other.

Well said...  We want to include heels in all our activites...

There is a place and time for each and every heel.  Today I was going to have lunch with some friends on an outdoor patio with an uneven surface. Wearing stilettos would be hard on this surface, so I wore some masculine Freebirds booties with a large heel. 

• Like 1

Hello All,

Haven't posted in a while as I just got back to Wisconsin after being in Arizona for 5 months. Saw the posting by spikesmike and would offer this:

I believe, not positive, I met you in 2013 when a group of us got together in Chicago at a restaurant on Halsted St. in early March. A fellow from Grand Rapids, MI, two or three from western Canada, and a few others were there. I wore bootcut jeans with my JS Carlow platform sandals (6.7" stiletto heels) while everyone else wore boots perhaps because it was 32F. We had a good dinner then later split up. Many of us on the forum wear heels as high as yours but many also don't. We have varying styles and tastes not all of which are reflected here in the form of posts. As to declining membership or the perception of it within this forum I would say that this forum helps foster communication and the ensuing confidence which comes with it. We all develop our own style and then go out into the world to enjoy our surrounding dressed the way we like with the footwear of our choice. As time goes on we don't feel as much need to come here to the forum so we move on. The forum has essentially performed its function. We're not her to judge just to listen and offer perspective.

HINH

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 11:38 PM, HappyinHeels said:

Hello All,

Haven't posted in a while as I just got back to Wisconsin after being in Arizona for 5 months. Saw the posting by spikesmike and would offer this:

I believe, not positive, I met you in 2013 when a group of us got together in Chicago at a restaurant on Halsted St. in early March. A fellow from Grand Rapids, MI, two or three from western Canada, and a few others were there. I wore bootcut jeans with my JS Carlow platform sandals (6.7" stiletto heels) while everyone else wore boots perhaps because it was 32F. We had a good dinner then later split up. Many of us on the forum wear heels as high as yours but many also don't. We have varying styles and tastes not all of which are reflected here in the form of posts. As to declining membership or the perception of it within this forum I would say that this forum helps foster communication and the ensuing confidence which comes with it. We all develop our own style and then go out into the world to enjoy our surrounding dressed the way we like with the footwear of our choice. As time goes on we don't feel as much need to come here to the forum so we move on. The forum has essentially performed its function. We're not her to judge just to listen and offer perspective.

HINH

Indeed! Well said. Some people come here and make long term friends and stick around, some come here and use it as a lauch pad and once they realise they can do this and there is nothing to fear, off they go... Some sadly, mostly females, dont stick around for long because of all the guys who creep on them. Far too many, far too often. They literally make it impossible for any real women to even want to hang out because they too busy thinking with their pants... I've removed hundreds and hundreds of them in the last 15+ years...

So, Mike, either stick around and be a decent human, or dont... Both options avoid a lot fo headaches. But lack of time means headaches will just not be tolerated. I'd rather there were 20 good people here than 200 headaches. Quality over quantity all day long..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 100% with mike in theory.  When 1 reads the name of the site, (HIGH HEEL PLACE)  one would think its dedicated to high heels.  Me for one.  A while back there was a post asking at what point is a shoe considered a high heel. 2 inch or 3 or up.

• Like 1

give me more heels

Haven't been around much lately, and I just found this thread, but I really like the boots posted by @peterborough.  His style is very similar to my own and I own a lot of very similar looking boots.  I also own some stiletto's that are similar to Mike's, but rarely feel comfortable wearing them out anywhere, they just are not that practical and draw unwanted attention that I am not really looking for.  So I'll stick with my comfortable boots, thank you very much.

I'm a bit surprised by the comments from Mike, heels are heels, there are literally thousands of styles out there and there is a very good reason for that.  Not every style suits every person, but to each their own.  Let's all play nice now, and enjoy what we love.  :)  Take care!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went to London the weekend. Had to go to Apple Store to get my phone replaced. Very busy due to London Pride. Noticed lots of guys wearing Heels.

I wore my Cross Swards Boots with a heel on Sunday, walked for miles, down Oxford Street etc. started at 11am and finally got sit down for dinner at around 4pm, rest of time was either walking or standing still. My feet was killing me.

anyway, Whilst i know why there was so many men wearing heels the weekend, what i dont get is why does it take an event for them to to wear heels.

I bet you could walk all around london on a ramdom day and be likly if you see one man in heels. yet at the event weekend. there was lots.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, peterborough said:

Went to London the weekend. Had to go to Apple Store to get my phone replaced. Very busy due to London Pride. Noticed lots of guys wearing Heels.

I wore my Cross Swards Boots with a heel on Sunday, walked for miles, down Oxford Street etc. started at 11am and finally got sit down for dinner at around 4pm, rest of time was either walking or standing still. My feet was killing me.

anyway, Whilst i know why there was so many men wearing heels the weekend, what i dont get is why does it take an event for them to to wear heels.

I bet you could walk all around london on a ramdom day and be likly if you see one man in heels. yet at the event weekend. there was lots.

I hear ya buddy.  I call it "confidence in numbers".   London Pride is a "safe place" for a guy in heels/boots, many others with similar interests, not likely to be criticized or harassed.   Walking on the streets of London is another story, as in most other cities.  Societal norms have played major head games on most of us, we fear criticism (either vocal or not) when out in public settings.  We fear "the whole world is watching us".  It takes alot of time to build up the courage and confidence to venture out publicly in our favorite heels/boots.  My journey has been a long one for sure, started out so timidly, just wearing regular cowboy boots with slightly elevated heels.  Worked my way up to higher block heeled boots.  And now, finally, I am fairly comfortable wearing my 4.5" stiletto boots in most public settings.  I have learned that most of my fears were unfounded.  Most folks are too busy to take not of our footwear, unless it is extreme and hard to ignore.  Even so, most would not take the time to compliment or criticize.  I still have alot of work to do on confidence, I want to be able to wear my 1969 red thigh high stiletto boots in public over my levis.  I'm just a regular guy that loves high heel boots.  I think back to all those years wasted wearing the boots I love only in private, most due to my own unfounded fears.  I truly believe most guys have a thing for heels, whether they are straight or gay, the love of heels is a universal thing.  Overcoming idiotic societal stigmas is another story though.  I have to admit that I still really love having a heel buddy to accompany me when out and about, "confidence in numbers" still applies to me even today.   

• Like 4

I agree - both about the confidence in numbers and the idea that most men would secretly like to try wearing heels. More than the heels, they’d like to have some freedom from the herd, not be having to be so guarded and watchful all the time, released from fears about their masculinity.

• Like 3

Being open public for 20 yrs now everything seems irrelevant.  But, it took me 20 yrs to get to the next 20. Oh well, time wasted on my part. People in public places recognize me from the crowd and light up even when I'm not in heels. If every guy wore them, I'd be just in the background again. Of course, even most women wouldn't wear the stilettos I daily strut in so I  may still stick out.

Moral, just wear them openly now all the time. 

• Like 3

It's been 10 years for me. I don't know at what age my parents would have allowed me to wear heels had I been a girl, so let's pretend I wasted about 30-35 years. On the other hand, there is no way I could have worn heels as a boy in the 80s. I had neither the intestinal fortitude nor the benefit of the indifferent attitude that most people seem to have today. I am pretty sure life would have been fairly miserable, so I don't really think of it as wasted time. My only hope is that I can maintain my physical faculties well enough to enjoy myself for another 20 years or so.

Covering the other topic, I really have no desire to wear heels in large groups, in the same way that I have no desire to ride my motorcycle with 50 other people. I'm funny that way.

• Like 2

I should have mentioned I didn't consider wearing heels until I was 20, so I was 40 before going open in public.

I always loved high heels as a youth but not until I experimented in college did I realize how much I enjoy wearing them too. I am convinced that male feet are actually better suited for heels just due to being stronger in general. 

• Like 2