Me in public with heels

peterborough

11 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I live in a seaside town too. I still don’t wear shorts - not all that many people here do

I think our weather might be warmer and drier than yours.  The majority of the men here wear shorts most of the summer. Even the CEOs , CFOs, COOs, etc. of major Silicone Valley companies.

41 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184848227556?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=692626459089&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144318348684?hash=item219a0b3d8c:g:QyQAAOSwSQ5hq8AA

I like both these styles.  They look very much like the original versions of the shoes, but have a nice platform inside.  

Those are only 1 inch.  I have 2.5 inch heels in my steve madden sneakers.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I think our weather might be warmer and drier than yours.  The majority of the men here wear shorts most of the summer. Even the CEOs , CFOs, COOs, etc. of major Silicone Valley companies.

Only 1"?  That's too bad, was hoping for at least 2".  

Nice, classy and simple looking.  I prefer sandals anyway....   Enjoy the heels....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

7 hours ago, Cali said:

True! A very warm day here is 22°C. I think we are also more formal over there as well - you’d never see a businessperson here in shorts. 

10 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Only 1"?  That's too bad, was hoping for at least 2".  

I'm not entirely sure which he was referring to, but the dunks are definitely well over 2" in steepness--I'd say at least 2 1/4." It's very difficult to get an accurate measurement due to the nature of the design. I don't have the Adidas, but from the pictures, it definitely looks like the wedge is much smaller.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I'm not entirely sure which he was referring to, but the dunks are definitely well over 2" in steepness--I'd say at least 2 1/4." It's very difficult to get an accurate measurement due to the nature of the design. I don't have the Adidas, but from the pictures, it definitely looks like the wedge is much smaller.

The 1 inch came from their website.

• 4 months later...

Just an update to say I’m still wearing and buying new heels.

My partner is still against me wearing stiletto heels with her in public. Most other heels are ok.

just need to get out on my own now to wear my stilettos. 
 I just seem to be attracted to stilettos more then block heels.

So block heels up to my 4” are ok with her in public.

stilettos around the house and if I go out on my own.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, peterborough said:

Just an update to say I’m still wearing and buying new heels.

My partner is still against me wearing stiletto heels with her in public. Most other heels are ok.

just need to get out on my own now to wear my stilettos. 
 I just seem to be attracted to stilettos more then block heels.

So block heels up to my 4” are ok with her in public.

stilettos around the house and if I go out on my own.

Good for you buddy!  I just found another pair of those Nine West booties that I really enjoyed until I snapped a heel.  I know I paid too much but didn't want them to slip away, especially in size 11.  

Order details (ebay.com)

The heels on these "tenon boots" seems a little taller than the other nine west booties.  

I'm glad your other half is somewhat "accepting", mine berates me for wearing standard cowboy boots!

peterborough : Set me right. I have always thought the British or Europeans were more open minded toward men wearing high heels and that sort of thing. Men or woman in high heels-changing baby diapers-housework -washing dishes, etc. Is your other half an American? Mike598360f79f8d2_DSCF5249(1).thumb.JPG.9d69dea3f9c00ed418c8e01235b8602a.JPGDSCF5265.thumb.JPG.c581ec865903f01cfe6bfc5341389c57.JPG

• Like 2

To be honest, there’s a butt f ton of toxic masculinity here. Here in the UK, the machismo has been on the rise since 2016 and the Brexit vote, the rise of the populist right wing and the folk who, like the USA have stirred up the pot and are all against Women. Dare I mention the name Andrew Tate, the man who went to Romania to avoid being charged with alleged sex crimes. The Incel movement as well. Do your research on him, that is typical of some in the male population.

The only good thing about being here in Scotland is we have a law enshrined in constitutional agreement that church and state is separate. The good thing is the Church here don’t have no power, plus folk here are not worried about offending the church type.

We are less open minded in this there ways. It’s the football culture I guess. Thats something the USA will never understand. Two teams yelling obscenities at each other, stuff you would be ejected from an arena or a stadium. We are segregated  as well. Check out some USA v UK football chants on YouTube.

We need to become more open minded, over in Europe they are about a few years ahead, some places like the Balkans and maybe the south of Italy you could get beaten up by the police if you don’t justify and answer accordingly. Hungary are another country to avoid as he is pushing through anti alphabet laws, again mirroring what is going on with the GOP/SCOUTS in a more authoritarian tone. 

Theres a lot of work to be done in that reguard.

Socio-economic-populist ways are on the rise, they are receding in some areas, but they are on the rise elsewhere.

Its all a bit political, I am sorry if I took it that way. Times are changing, it takes time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I think there has long been this erroneous perception in the US that we are more tolerant on this side of the pond, as if we had learned that much more from our greater depth of history - we haven’t,

Totally agree on this. We are more tolerant in many areas. Religion for one, the right to mock every religion including one’s own is one area we are more tolerant. More tolerant on right to choose on bodily autonomy. When it comes to other perceived “faux pas” and challenge of the normal. We are still a fair bit away. Albeit, closer than where the USA could be.

• Like 1

I was interested to read an article about how fashion was changing and boundaries were blurring - but in every single instance they referred to throughout the article the blurring of gender lines was about people in the alphabet clique being now better able to express themselves in fashion.

In not a single instance did it refer to straight men being able to do so. Not one.

And yet the article was supposedly about this brave new world of fashion.

HiI

she is English.

I don’t have any experience on how other countries compare to the UK

5 hours ago, spikesmike said:

peterborough : Set me right. I have always thought the British or Europeans were more open minded toward men wearing high heels and that sort of thing. Men or woman in high heels-changing baby diapers-housework -washing dishes, etc. Is your other half an American? Mike598360f79f8d2_DSCF5249(1).thumb.JPG.9d69dea3f9c00ed418c8e01235b8602a.JPGDSCF5265.thumb.JPG.c581ec865903f01cfe6bfc5341389c57.JPG

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I was interested to read an article about how fashion was changing and boundaries were blurring - but in every single instance they referred to throughout the article the blurring of gender lines was about people in the alphabet clique being now better able to express themselves in fashion.

In not a single instance did it refer to straight men being able to do so. Not one.

And yet the article was supposedly about this brave new world of fashion.

What suits the media and their narrative I suppose. If it didn’t suit their narrative, they don’t get a say or won’t say something positive as it could omit their argument.

Eventually times will turn, and they will look stupid. I was reading something recently where it was suggested that men will start to wear heels more regularly than women do. Whilst not the slim sexy stiletto, however a block or slim block heel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peterborough said:

pebblesf

How are you getting on in public wearing heels?

What shoes/boots are you wearing and do you have the heel very exposed so can be seen?

I have come a long way since I first discovered all the support from guys here at hhp.  I wear all my boots in public with the heels in plain view and uncovered now.  Feels so liberating indeed.  Now, I just have to go to the next level and wear my boots over my jeans, or perhaps show off my red boots in public.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Heelers : Here I am getting back to the basic topic. Yesterday (10-20-2022) I went to an event called The Circleville Pumpkin Show. OHIO. I went with a neighbor and her three (3) year old son. I knew the day would be long, so I wore comfortable shoes, lace-up oxfords 5 1/4" high heels by Ellie. There is no way of knowing how many miles we walked. What I cannot believe is no one threw rocks or stones at me. Fair size country town. Surprisingly I did receive mutable complements, mostly from young girls. Never thought to have April take pictures. For sure a fun day. The oxfords looked much like these. Mike1689288344_blackwingtipoxfords.jpg.821a12b5a56d863e7cab0a077e99517f.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Heelers : Here I am getting back to the basic topic. Yesterday (10-20-2022) I went to an event called The Circleville Pumpkin Show. OHIO. I went with a neighbor and her three (3) year old son. I knew the day would be long, so I wore comfortable shoes, lace-up oxfords 5 1/4" high heels by Ellie. There is no way of knowing how many miles we walked. What I cannot believe is no one threw rocks or stones at me. Fair size country town. Surprisingly I did receive mutable complements, mostly from young girls. Never thought to have April take pictures. For sure a fun day. The oxfords looked much like these. Mike1689288344_blackwingtipoxfords.jpg.821a12b5a56d863e7cab0a077e99517f.jpg

Seems like a great place to sell egg rolls! In high heels. The 600 mile drive might be a bit much, though.

Went out for a meal the other day with family and i wore the below heels.

Went to go to the loo and the floors are tiles and the path to the loos was right near a few tables where other people was eating etc. My heels made such a nose as i walk on the tiles, i noticed peopels heads turning in my direction looking at my shoes. Made me nervious.

spacer.png

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, peterborough said:

Went to go to the loo and the floors are tiles and the path to the loos was right near a few tables where other people was eating etc. My heels made such a nose as i walk on the tiles, i noticed peopels heads turning in my direction looking at my shoes. Made me nervious.

spacer.png

Quite nice boots and ones that should not attract much notice, really. Very presentable. I shouldn’t have thought they’d have made any more sound than regular leather-soled shoes. Any leather soled shoe will click on tiles or a hard floor surface, even standard men’s brogues. I doubt anyone gave you much notice. They are though, very nice boots - the sort of style that could with just a bit of a nudge become “acceptable” in a mainstream way

3 hours ago, peterborough said:

spacer.png

I hear ya for sure.  I always try to find boots with softer heels/soles that won't be quite so loud/click/clack as well.  I too, do not like drawing attention to myself this way.  I often find myself trying to "walk softer" to reduce the noise.  

I was like that at the beginning, trying to make less sound.   I started wearing women's shoe back in 2011. Bare Traps.  Short heels 2.5 to 3 inch. I was so concern about the sound, I even went so as to have one of my shoes resoled with rubber soles.

But those days are gone.  Nowadays when I'm on-site and late for a meeting, I'm told they know I'm coming because they can here the sound of my heels.

Free yourself of the worry of the sound by embracing it, enjoy the "power click". 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 4:55 AM, peterborough said:

Went out for a meal the other day with family and I wore the below heels.

Went to go to the loo and the floors were tiled, and the path to the loo was right near a few tables where other people were eating. My heels made such a noise as I walked on the tiles, I noticed people's heads turning in my direction, looking at my shoes. Made me nervous.

spacer.png

Every once in a while, I still feel like all eyes are upon me because of my shoes, especially when I make a racket getting where I'm going.   Over the last 10 years, I have developed a love/hate relationship with the noise that many heels make. Theoretically, I like the noise, especially the peculiar sound of mules. Howeveah.  .  . it is difficult to keep from feeling self-conscious when walking past a group of people who are stationary for whatever reason, and are not making a bunch of noise themselves.

• Like 2