Me in public with heels

peterborough

She just does not like the thin stiletto heel. To be fair, She is alot better then she used to be back in 2017.

I think part of that is that i used to hide the heels from Family and used to wear jeans that cover the heels. But since like 2020 when we moved alot closer to family was like 100 miles away and used to see family like every 3 months, now we live 11 miles from family and see them every week at first made it very hard for me to wear the heels until one day i said i need to be open about this otherwise i will not be able to wear heels.

This part helped me be more comfortable in heels, started off wearing 32” Leg Jeans still wearing the heels, then 30” and learnt no one really notices or bothers me in public and then went to a 29” Leg so all the heel is on show.

I think this may be in tern help her and with the family knowing there is really no reason to hide.  

On reflection, she is not being too bad, back in 2017 id put my heels on to go shopping and she would say do you have to wear them today. Now and unless its the stiletto heel, she does not say anything.

I must have about 40 pairs of heels, most are block heels with about 6 being stiletto heel.

We had a chat the other day about the heels in general, at first she said it was the stiletto heel and the sound which draws attention. Our friend said to her, saying he cannot wear heels that make a sound is unfair as most shoes make noise. which she agreed. so I had it out of her that in the end, its only the stiletto heel that she would prefer me not to wear out with her, around the house etc is OK.

Maybe i was not being fair to her by insisting i could wear the stiletto heel. Again she said she had no issue if i went out on my own our with our mate, who he does not give a dam about what heels i wear. He was the one who really gave me alot of push at the start when i come out to wanting to wear heels etc.

My Partenr and I are going to Tesco shopping tonight, always very busy there and ill be in my 4" Block Heels.

This is the full size of the boot.

spacer.png

and this is how i wear the boot outside in public

spacer.png

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, peterborough said:

Well nothing changed with my partner. She insist that she does not feel comfortable with me not only wearing my stiletto heels to now not wearing heels that make a noise out with her in public. 

i said to her that we have been together for 14 years and do not really go out anywhere without her and that I feel if I said I’m going out today to wear the heels that I like.  I would

{1) feel guilty for leaving her at home or she would moan at me. She said if it was you just nipping out to the shop quick then not a problem but sue would not like it for a day or it depends where I wanted to go that if she would also want to go.

I’m of the mind now to use this as below

right im off out for a while not Sure how long yet, going shopping to get a few bits. I’m going out in these heels. It’s up to you if you want to come or not.

By me saying that. I’m saying this is what I’m doing and if she wants to come she can but if she does decide to come I’m still wearing what I’m intending too. It’s then up to her.

My thinking is that if I plan to go out and not stopping her from coming but being upfront this is what I’m wearing she can’t really say anything.

If I do this enough she might start thinking he’s going to go out more without me unless I’m willing to accept the heels and go with him and just accept and move on

Or she will get upset and complain

What are your thoughts on this

Well, this seems like a reasonable plan.  Needless to say, you have to keep a balance between outings with heels vs outings with the wife and no heels.  Start slowly, perhaps one outing a week, so as not to overwhelm her.  Inviting her on your heeling adventures is the right thing to do for sure.  Choose "mild/not real noisy heels" for the outings so there is a better chance of having her accept your invitation.   Looking forward to hear how your plan works out.  

2 hours ago, peterborough said:

She just does not like the thin stiletto heel. To be fair, She is alot better then she used to be back in 2017.

I think part of that is that i used to hide the heels from Family and used to wear jeans that cover the heels. But since like 2020 when we moved alot closer to family was like 100 miles away and used to see family like every 3 months, now we live 11 miles from family and see them every week at first made it very hard for me to wear the heels until one day i said i need to be open about this otherwise i will not be able to wear heels.

This part helped me be more comfortable in heels, started off wearing 32” Leg Jeans still wearing the heels, then 30” and learnt no one really notices or bothers me in public and then went to a 29” Leg so all the heel is on show.

I think this may be in tern help her and with the family knowing there is really no reason to hide.  

On reflection, she is not being too bad, back in 2017 id put my heels on to go shopping and she would say do you have to wear them today. Now and unless its the stiletto heel, she does not say anything.

I must have about 40 pairs of heels, most are block heels with about 6 being stiletto heel.

We had a chat the other day about the heels in general, at first she said it was the stiletto heel and the sound which draws attention. Our friend said to her, saying he cannot wear heels that make a sound is unfair as most shoes make noise. which she agreed. so I had it out of her that in the end, its only the stiletto heel that she would prefer me not to wear out with her, around the house etc is OK.

Maybe i was not being fair to her by insisting i could wear the stiletto heel. Again she said she had no issue if i went out on my own our with our mate, who he does not give a dam about what heels i wear. He was the one who really gave me alot of push at the start when i come out to wanting to wear heels etc.

My Partenr and I are going to Tesco shopping tonight, always very busy there and ill be in my 4" Block Heels.

This is the full size of the boot.

spacer.png

and this is how i wear the boot outside in public

spacer.png

Well, I think those heels look great, especially with the nice jeans, perfect fit.  I would say the wife has made great progress if she is accepting of you wearing this outfit in public with her.  To me, this look is powerful, and amazingly masculine.  Sure, all "shoes" make some noise, but some much more than others.  So, try to understand that the wife really doesn't want needless attention, which she fears will occur with noisy stiletto heels.  To be fair, noisy heels are not limited to stiletto heels, some block heels can be noisy also.  I have a pair of stiletto boots made by Sam Edelman with 4.5" heels, which are amazingly quiet.  The noise level is related to the materials used in the heel and sole, stilettos can be relatively quiet.  I, like your wife, don't really like calling attention to myself with noisy heels.  I don't want people looking at me because of the noises my heels are making.  It sounds like the wife doesn't mind (too much) if you wear stilettos around the house, so I would take that opportunity to wear them around the house for now.  Wear the stilettos out for the one trip out a week you might make without her.  Sounds like your buddy is very supportive, just be careful not to let you pal's accepting attitude create a divide between you and the wife...  

I would limit my outings with the stiletto heel. maybe a few times a month. All my other outings are still in heels but block heels. Don’t really wear non heels much. 

We are about to go out to a pub for some food.

ill be out in these boots with 29” leg jeans which expose the full heel and part of the boot.

spacer.png

myself, parter and mother-in law are going out. Mother-in law is not fussed with me in heels and say my brother is wrong for limiting me lol

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 2

My parents were very accepting of me fairly quickly, first my father, and then later my mother, who is the more conservative of the two. It took my wife a few more years after that, and to tell the truth, I know she doesn't really like it, I think I've just worn her down, so she just throws up her hands anymore and doesn't say anything. I already know the circumstances she really doesn't like me to wear heels, and I anticipate and respect that.

Well today my parter and I are off out to local shopping centre. Can’t decide what heels to wear lol. I have so many block heel boots.

I think it will be my 3” hush puppies

spacer.png

These boots I used to wear in 2017 with the heel covered. But not any more lol

They do make a noise when walking.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 2

When I started switching to women's shoes for fit, I started with 2 - 3 inch heels. I was very concern about the click.  I even had one pair of my Bare Traps re-soled to eliminate the sound. Then I noticed many of the male executive's shoes also clicked, aka the power click. So that was the only shoes I have had silenced.

At this point in my life I enjoy the sound.  One day you will too.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cali said:

When I started switching to women's shoes for fit, I started with 2 - 3 inch heels. I was very concern about the click.  I even had one pair of my Bare Traps re-soled to eliminate the sound. Then I noticed many of the male executive's shoes also clicked, aka the power click. So that was the only shoes I have had silenced.

At this point in my life I enjoy the sound.  One day you will too.

The sound don’t bother me. When I went shops today I was in my 4” block heels and no one seems to care ore notice even with the sound of the heel

• Like 2

Well today been good about 3 hours in busy town centre with people noticing for sure but nothing said at all. 

Was wearing this again today spacer.png

Oh and now at my brothers for a bbq in them, 

The boots are very comfy but after 2 hours of being on feet with no rest bottom of feet start getting discomfort. Take a rest for half hour and is not too bad. 

We are going to a theme park tomorrow for the day and can’t decide to wear heels or go trainers. It will be about 6 hours on feet

I do have a pair of doc martins that has a 3.5 “ heel that I was thinking of wearing but don’t want to be in discomfort if on feet all day but so want to wear heels.

Does everyone else have same issues with heels?

If it was like wear them to the office then that’s ok cos I’m not on my feet all day. 

i do love thèse 4” boots ive got as they make me feel good and like how they make me feel when walking in them.

I don’t think I can go much higher then 4” as it’s too steep 

Edited by peterborough

1 hour ago, peterborough said:

Well today been good about 3 hours in busy town centre with people noticing for sure but nothing said at all. 

Was wearing this again today spacer.png

Oh and now at my brothers for a bbq in them, 

The boots are very comfy but after 2 hours of being on feet with no rest bottom of feet start getting discomfort. Take a rest for half hour and is not too bad. 

We are going to a theme park tomorrow for the day and can’t decide to wear heels or go trainers. It will be about 6 hours on feet

I do have a pair of doc martins that has a 3.5 “ heel that I was thinking of wearing but don’t want to be in discomfort if on feet all day but so want to wear heels.

Does everyone else have same issues with heels?

If it was like wear them to the office then that’s ok cos I’m not on my feet all day. 

i do love thèse 4” boots ive got as they make me feel good and like how they make me feel when walking in them.

I don’t think I can go much higher then 4” as it’s too steep 

And that is what is important, you feel good wearing those boots, and that is what it is all about.  Sure, my feet get a little tired/sore after a few hours in my boots but it is worth it.  My feet would get tired in Nikes also.  Try some inserts on your boots that might relieve some of the soreness.  I would go ahead and wear the boots you like to the theme park.  Have a great time

1 hour ago, peterborough said:

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

And that is what is important, you feel good wearing those boots, and that is what it is all about.  Sure, my feet get a little tired/sore after a few hours in my boots but it is worth it.  My feet would get tired in Nikes also.  Try some inserts on your boots that might relieve some of the soreness.  I would go ahead and wear the boots you like to the theme park.  Have a great time

Thanks for the feedback 

• Like 1

I realize that it's probably a little too late by now, as you are probably already doing what you've decided to do, but I just wanted to interject a thought in here, and that is that you have to sort of already know in advance what you're capable of, endurance-wise. There is no way I know of to be able to tell without the benefit of experience.

I've told this story on here several times, but I think it bears repeating for those who haven't heard it before. When I first started wearing heels regularly, they were in the 2 1/2 - 3" range. I remember being very tired for a while when I would wear them for any length of time, but they weren't bad, I didn't feel any real limitation about what I could or couldn't do because of my shoes. One day, I decided to buy some Big Girl shoes, boots with a 5" heel, 1" platform. So basically, 4" heels. This was a few months after starting my heeling journey. I decided I needed to wear these boots to the shopping mall not long after I bought them. We stayed there much longer than I anticipated, and I was standing in line a lot. I didn't think I was even going to make it back to the car, my feet hurt so much. I was very discouraged.

Fast forward about 3 years, with some experience and practice under my belt, and I wore these same exact boots to the Omaha Zoo, which is very large. I was on my feet literally all day, and did not have a single issue. But, through those 3 years of experience, I kind of knew it was possible before I ever got out of the car in the morning, so I got by with it. I can only imagine how horrible my day would have been if I had gotten to the place where I had been at the mall 3 years earlier.

In any case, I hope it all turned out well, and that a good time was had by all!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I realize that it's probably a little too late by now, as you are probably already doing what you've decided to do, but I just wanted to interject a thought in here, and that is that you have to sort of already know in advance what you're capable of, endurance-wise. There is no way I know of to be able to tell without the benefit of experience.

I've told this story on here several times, but I think it bears repeating for those who haven't heard it before. When I first started wearing heels regularly, they were in the 2 1/2 - 3" range. I remember being very tired for a while when I would wear them for any length of time, but they weren't bad, I didn't feel any real limitation about what I could or couldn't do because of my shoes. One day, I decided to buy some Big Girl shoes, boots with a 5" heel, 1" platform. So basically, 4" heels. This was a few months after starting my heeling journey. I decided I needed to wear these boots to the shopping mall not long after I bought them. We stayed there much longer than I anticipated, and I was standing in line a lot. I didn't think I was even going to make it back to the car, my feet hurt so much. I was very discouraged.

Fast forward about 3 years, with some experience and practice under my belt, and I wore these same exact boots to the Omaha Zoo, which is very large. I was on my feet literally all day, and did not have a single issue. But, through those 3 years of experience, I kind of knew it was possible before I ever got out of the car in the morning, so I got by with it. I can only imagine how horrible my day would have been if I had gotten to the place where I had been at the mall 3 years earlier.

In any case, I hope it all turned out well, and that a good time was had by all!

Was not able to wear the heels to the park as I went in shorts. Going to Nando’s soon for dinner and will be back in heels

• Like 1

These are old picture, don't have newer ones

55 minutes ago, peterborough said:

Really? Send over a picture 

Wish I can find more shorts with boots and more shorts with sandals pictures.

Maxx_shortsaHH.JPG

Sum work 05 HH.JPG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cali said:

These are old picture, don't have newer ones

Wish I can find more shorts with boots and more shorts with sandals pictures.

Maxx_shortsaHH.JPG

Sum work 05 HH.JPG

Wow, I’m sure my parter would not allow me to go out in knee high boots.

Heh, heh. High heels and shorts. That takes it to a whole different level, at least to my mind, but your mileage may vary. Going to high heels and shorts was not that big of a deal for my wife, it didn't seem to upset her to any greater degree than me wearing high heels at all. If I decided to paint my fingernails, she would come unglued, and you would think that would be way less of a deal.

I think the high heels and shorts thing isn't that big a deal to her because it was not a rare thing to see at the time. I won't say it was ever popular around here, but you could actually go out, and if you found a large enough group of people, chances were pretty good that you would see at least one woman wearing shorts with high heels, especially wedges. The other reason is that the high heels with shorts thing was quite acceptable in Asia and very commonplace long before it was acceptable here.

Oddly enough, although I wear high heels with shorts pretty much all summer, I have extremely few pictures to show. Here is one of the few with my not-very-high-but-really-cool Söfft silver sandals. I would never wear boots of any sort with shorts, Cali and I will disagree about this to the end of time, but that's ok, I'm sure he doesn't like some of the things I wear either!

ShortsandSilver.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Heh, heh. High heels and shorts. That takes it to a whole different level, at least to my mind, but your mileage may vary. Going to high heels and shorts was not that big of a deal for my wife, it didn't seem to upset her to any greater degree than me wearing high heels at all. If I decided to paint my fingernails, she would come unglued, and you would think that would be way less of a deal.

I think the high heels and shorts thing isn't that big a deal to her because it was not a rare thing to see at the time. I won't say it was ever popular around here, but you could actually go out, and if you found a large enough group of people, chances were pretty good that you would see at least one woman wearing shorts with high heels, especially wedges. The other reason is that the high heels with shorts thing was quite acceptable in Asia and very commonplace long before it was acceptable here.

Oddly enough, although I wear high heels with shorts pretty much all summer, I have extremely few pictures to show. Here is one of the few with my not-very-high-but-really-cool Söfft silver sandals. I would never wear boots of any sort with shorts, Cali and I will disagree about this to the end of time, but that's ok, I'm sure he doesn't like some of the things I wear either!

ShortsandSilver.jpg

Quite nice looking heels.

I'm off out into very busy town shortly in this again today with the Jeans.

Heel-2a.jpeg

The Summer i do fear for my heeling as Trainers no longer really interest me at all and with my partner moaning at me for wearing Jeans in the summer as she said I will be too hot. But now (Mainly due to never doing it shorts / heels) (1) not sure how she will take it (Accept it)

I don’t want the heels to only be a option when I wear jeans otherwise it means Summer I cannot wear heels.

I do have a few pairs of Heeled Sandals, however they are a bit too bug.

I may sit down with her and say look, summer is coming, Can you help me find some

Heeled Sandals that i can wear with shorts for the summer when its too hot for Jeans.

• Like 1

To be completely honest, I have only worn my knee highs with shorts 2 or 3 times during each summer.  Most of the time it is shorts with wedges.  Do people notice? Hell yes. If they ask I tell them to "mess with their mind."  And then ask them "Is it working?"  🙃

Yes, its a bold look and not for the weak of heart.  A lot of fun, but your legs can get hot.

I never got into short pants either.  And my wife tells me that I have very nice looking legs.  Just never liked the feeling or lack of protection.  Hey, it's me....   

Have fun....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

5 hours ago, peterborough said:

Quite nice looking heels.

I'm off out into very busy town shortly in this again today with the Jeans.

Heel-2a.jpeg

The Summer i do fear for my heeling as Trainers no longer really interest me at all and with my partner moaning at me for wearing Jeans in the summer as she said I will be too hot. But now (Mainly due to never doing it shorts / heels) (1) not sure how she will take it (Accept it)

I don’t want the heels to only be a option when I wear jeans otherwise it means Summer I cannot wear heels.

I do have a few pairs of Heeled Sandals, however they are a bit too bug.

I may sit down with her and say look, summer is coming, Can you help me find some

Heeled Sandals that i can wear with shorts for the summer when its too hot for Jeans.

Perhaps the adidas or nike wedge trainers I pointed out to Bam Bam might be something you will consider, they will look great with the regular jeans or shorts.  I rarely wear shorts, my "chicken legs" just can't pull off that look.  

26 minutes ago, Cali said:

I live in a beach town.  If you don't have shorts and wear shorts in this town then we know you are a tourist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184848227556?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=692626459089&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144318348684?hash=item219a0b3d8c:g:QyQAAOSwSQ5hq8AA

I like both these styles.  They look very much like the original versions of the shoes, but have a nice platform inside.