Me in public with heels

peterborough

7 minutes ago, peterborough said:

Ok, So i have been into  heels size 2017 and all my family know.

When i go out in public, i usually wear a 3" Block Heel, my friend got me to whear the below heel (picture taken today) when i went out to a local Pub for dinner.

These are a 3" heel Trainer. I was always way too nervious / shy to wear they type of heel in public. now i have done it, i want to do it again.

2366646E-1DB0-41B8-B5FE-6EB5CD333993.thumb.jpg.e64f119fcf27e036edeab12c08506fa6.jpg

Got to take my car tomorrow to BMW for a service, I plan on wearing them.

Welcome to the public heeling club, been doing it forcouple decades, expected these days. Hope you get there too if it's what you want.

Ok, so first on the left, is my usual boot for going out in public for the past year, never any shoes or boots with no heel.

then today was the second from the left to the pub, and a quick walk with the 3rd from the left

2.thumb.jpg.4350f268cc780c9cb9a5bf1b9ece6468.jpg1.thumb.jpg.79f1ed8141888fd791478737ae7dfeac.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d2cddbeded189a300b1181fbd09e7339.jpg

its how the shows make me feel (feet feel) when walking in the two from the right.

I went to be able to wear any type of heel and to anywhere.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, peterborough said:

Ok, so first on the left, is my usual boot for going out in public for the past year, never any shoes or boots with no heel.

then today was the second from the left to the pub, and a quick walk with the 3rd from the left

2.thumb.jpg.4350f268cc780c9cb9a5bf1b9ece6468.jpg1.thumb.jpg.79f1ed8141888fd791478737ae7dfeac.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d2cddbeded189a300b1181fbd09e7339.jpg

its how the shows make me feel (feet feel) when walking in the two from the right.

I went to be able to wear any type of heel and to anywhere.

Peterborough:  It would appear as though you well on your way buddy.  You have been wearing those block heeled boots on the left for sometime now, so I am thinking your skills and confidence are pretty good already.  The relatively low stiletto boot in the middle is probably very easy to walk in, appears to have the same heel height as the block heeled boots you are used to wearing.  The boots on the right appear to have a slightly higher block heel, but probably still fairly easy to walk in.  I usually wear my boots with jeans/levis that partially cover the heels.  The heels are visible but not really noticeable unless someone is going out of their way to look.  I'm assuming both of the new pairs have relatively quite heels/soles as well.  You have been wearing the boots on the left for sometime now, so I'm sure you have discovered that most people are too busy to even notice.  The same will be true for your new boots buddy.  Just be sure you can walk confidently in both pairs before going out in crowded places...People will notice if you are fumbling, or stumbling while walking though....

Go for it buddy, great looking boots!

2 hours ago, peterborough said:

Ok, So i have been into  heels size 2017 and all my family know.

When i go out in public, i usually wear a 3" Block Heel, my friend got me to whear the below heel (picture taken today) when i went out to a local Pub for dinner.

These are a 3" heel Trainer. I was always way too nervious / shy to wear they type of heel in public. now i have done it, i want to do it again.

2366646E-1DB0-41B8-B5FE-6EB5CD333993.thumb.jpg.e64f119fcf27e036edeab12c08506fa6.jpg

Got to take my car tomorrow to BMW for a service, I plan on wearing them.

Those boots look great with the levis, powerful and confident...

Thanks for your kind comments VirginHeels and pebblesf means alot to me

for years i would wear a levi Jeans with a 30" Leg, when i first started wearing heels in public, i would wear a 32" Leg to hide the heel. When i told my family i decided i no longer had to hide the heels, so i went down to a 27" Leg jeans this causes the jeans to just sit nicely on top of the boot/ shoe and noot cover the heel at all.

Again been doing that for the past year with the left block heel boot. I found when i was trying to hide the heel, i was always checking to make sure it was hidden. Now that the heels are aways on show, i do not have to try to hide it, i dont bother checking. lol

My Missy Rockz  Heels ( The middle ones) are 8.5cm Heels, i have 5 pairs with one of them a 10cm heel. Still getting used to that extra hight as it does feel odd, the 4" block heel on the right are very easy to walk in. I did walk in London once agian with 27" Jeans on.

Ill post some more pics. One with todays upcoming outing to the BMW Service Centre, and one to show how my 4" Block heels look like with my jeans.

The My Missy Rockz  Heels ( The middle ones) do make the classic heel noise so does the 4" boots on the right.

Todays shoe "Missy Rockz  Heels" to BMW and straight to Tesco's to pick up some shopping :)

Will let you know how i get on. I'm not taking any other shoes with me so cannot chicken out lol

IMG_4536.thumb.JPG.430c44a95f279b1db2dae410c8181d1f.JPG

These are so comfy, I can walk for miles in these.

IMG_4551.thumb.JPG.89c1fa0cff1e59fa2d07389efcce160a.JPG

Wow, it was pissing down really heavy so parked the car in the BMW Car park and had to run (in heels) pic below to the BMW Showroom.

Non eventful, one guy noiced and then looked away

Then went to Tesco with my partner, she was wearing flats lol, no problem at all. Think i have falling in love with these shoes.

just a same it was raining so heavy.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, peterborough said:

Thanks for your kind comments VirginHeels and pebblesf means alot to me

for years i would wear a levi Jeans with a 30" Leg, when i first started wearing heels in public, i would wear a 32" Leg to hide the heel. When i told my family i decided i no longer had to hide the heels, so i went down to a 27" Leg jeans this causes the jeans to just sit nicely on top of the boot/ shoe and noot cover the heel at all.

Again been doing that for the past year with the left block heel boot. I found when i was trying to hide the heel, i was always checking to make sure it was hidden. Now that the heels are aways on show, i do not have to try to hide it, i dont bother checking. lol

My Missy Rockz  Heels ( The middle ones) are 8.5cm Heels, i have 5 pairs with one of them a 10cm heel. Still getting used to that extra hight as it does feel odd, the 4" block heel on the right are very easy to walk in. I did walk in London once agian with 27" Jeans on.

Ill post some more pics. One with todays upcoming outing to the BMW Service Centre, and one to show how my 4" Block heels look like with my jeans.

The My Missy Rockz  Heels ( The middle ones) do make the classic heel noise so does the 4" boots on the right.

Todays shoe "Missy Rockz  Heels" to BMW and straight to Tesco's to pick up some shopping :)

Will let you know how i get on. I'm not taking any other shoes with me so cannot chicken out lol

These are so comfy, I can walk for miles in these.

IMG_4551.thumb.JPG.89c1fa0cff1e59fa2d07389efcce160a.JPG

Wow, it was pissing down really heavy so parked the car in the BMW Car park and had to run (in heels) pic below to the BMW Showroom.

Non eventful, one guy noiced and then looked away

Then went to Tesco with my partner, she was wearing flats lol, no problem at all. Think i have falling in love with these shoes.

just a same it was raining so heavy.

Peterborough-  Sure sounds like you have got a handle on confident heeling buddy, seems like you are farther along than myself.  So happy you feel confident wearing the shorter jeans.  You look powerful and confident in those heels buddy.  I know things are going well for me when I'm out and about and actually forget I'm wearing my boots, so all worries/inhibitions/insecurities slip away.  I am thrilled you have a supportive partner, I'm sure she agrees that you look great.  To me, confidence in heels spells masculinity.  Enjoy you boots, you have worked hard to achieve confidence, and deserve all the great feelings that go along with it....

1 minute ago, pebblesf said:

Peterborough-  Sure sounds like you have got a handle on confident heeling buddy, seems like you are farther along than myself.  So happy you feel confident wearing the shorter jeans.  You look powerful and confident in those heels buddy.  I know things are going well for me when I'm out and about and actually forget I'm wearing my boots, so all worries/inhibitions/insecurities slip away.  I am thrilled you have a supportive partner, I'm sure she agrees that you look great.  To me, confidence in heels spells masculinity.  Enjoy you boots, you have worked hard to achieve confidence, and deserve all the great feelings that go along with it....

It's amazing how easy my 4.5" stiletto boots are to walk in, and comfortable also.  The only down side is that the heel tips wear out often, I guess I need to learn how to replace them myself.  I have finally worn out these boots, because I wear them most often.  I'm so happy I have found a few more pairs....

I would say i'm not 100% confident i do have my feers, however my enjoyment is exceeding the slight confident issue.

My Partner, i would say is not 100% with my choice of shoes, however she no longer fights me and lets me get on with it now. Initally we both and a few upsets and then some days she would not allow me to wear. Now she just lets me get on with it.

I thought she might complain today due to the type of heel, but she said nothing and we got on with shopping at Tescos.

I'm sure you will get better also, I took the decision to always whear some form of heel Min 3" whebn going out in public, unless we are going somewhere where heels would not work. Like Fun Fair recently which is on a large grass field and did not want to get my heels dirty.

If we are going out shopping, dinner, family i will be in heels uptil now the below boot.

2.thumb.jpg.4350f268cc780c9cb9a5bf1b9ece6468.jpg

I have warn the below to tesco shopping before, just not that often. 2.35" Heel designed for men (hand made)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0016/7087/3158/products/jason_black_side_84af8fd8-af91-4c3e-8bd2-d65c9a5ac61e_720x720.jpg?v=1594139957

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peterborough said:

I would say i'm not 100% confident i do have my feers, however my enjoyment is exceeding the slight confident issue.

My Partner, i would say is not 100% with my choice of shoes, however she no longer fights me and lets me get on with it now. Initally we both and a few upsets and then some days she would not allow me to wear. Now she just lets me get on with it.

I thought she might complain today due to the type of heel, but she said nothing and we got on with shopping at Tescos.

I'm sure you will get better also, I took the decision to always whear some form of heel Min 3" whebn going out in public, unless we are going somewhere where heels would not work. Like Fun Fair recently which is on a large grass field and did not want to get my heels dirty.

If we are going out shopping, dinner, family i will be in heels uptil now the below boot.

I have warn the below to tesco shopping before, just not that often. 2.35" Heel designed for men (hand made)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0016/7087/3158/products/jason_black_side_84af8fd8-af91-4c3e-8bd2-d65c9a5ac61e_720x720.jpg?v=1594139957

Well, she might not support your heels 100 percent, but she is a great partner because she is smart enough to let "you be you".  She realizes that this is a part of you that will not be changed, trying to change/deny you would just create a terrible divide on your relationship.  You are a lucky guy, wish she would talk to my partner....

Thanks again for your comments.

Almost time to go pick my car and ill be in the same heels that i went in this morning. Actually i have not taken them off all day. lol

Not sure why but when i'm in heels, i prefer to be in more busy townes then i do a small village where there is only a few people around.

• Like 1

I use to hide my heels with 33 inch inseam pants. But now I wear 30, 29, even 27 inch (skinny) jeans. My heels are longer hidden and I wear my knee  boots outside the jeans. If I pay good money for good boots why hide them.  Wear your heels with pride.

• Like 2

In my opinion there is no rule. Or the opposite : feeling good. So,depending of the place,the time of the day,outfits ,mood ... I hide my shoes or not. 

Sure that a small village doesn’t allow much fantasy. A crowded mall in a secure  area much more. 

• Like 1

Something i have learned within the last 24 hours (mainly today) I actually like the sound of the heels, gives me like extra power to keep doing what i am doing.

When i first went out in heels (public) in 2017, i had a lound pair of boots but the heel was hidden. The noise did not bother me at first but then my parter said they are loud and that put me off for the past 4 years and only wore boots that made no sound until todays outing in Tesco when i had my Stilettos on for the first time in public.

I found the sound of the heels gives me extra drive in my desire to wear heels, so much so that i'm trying to find reasons to go out in public more in heels.

Tonight for exampe, i said to my parter shell we go out for dinner so we did to a local pub. Food and drink was nice.

So  between Stilettos or the pair of boots (block heel) that i have not warn yet. I went with the new Block Heel boots - still make the noise of the heel.

dinner1.thumb.jpg.8795159c11142ad6249aaec99f26338c.jpg

Me back at home

IMG_4570.thumb.JPG.97b3e80c00b7361e09bbb7d36c2f3c34.JPG

What excuse lol can i come up with tomorow to get out heeling, I said to my parter, we should go out xmas shopping the weekend lol

If i dont say anything, i will be stuck at home.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 3

Well today went to town to get anoher pair of my heels re-helled and went in the heels as per the below picture.

2005051131_heels2.thumb.JPG.a2e190a687d3a98e91d3efaccfe10630.JPG

Then went to my brothers Tattoo shop while i was waiting for my shoes to be sorted. His customer (a Lady in her early 50s) noticed my heels and said twice " like your heels" then said, i like diffreant.

then back to down to pick up my shoes. loads of people around and you could hear me coming miles away. from what i could see no reactions / comments.

Even had to stand at cash mechine to get money out and there was a few people haning around who clearly notice but nothing said.

So was a good outting. Hopefully we will go out soon for lunch

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 3

Well today went to town to get anoher pair of my heels re-helled and went in the heels as per the below picture.

So 

Then went to my brothers Tattoo shop while i was waiting for my shoes to be sorted. His customer (a Lady in her early 50s) noticed my heels and said twice " like your heels" then said, i like diffreant.

then back to down to pick up my shoes. loads of people around and you could hear me coming miles away. from what i could see no reactions / comments.

Even had to stand at cash mechine to get money out and there was a few people haning around who clearly notice but nothing said.

So was a good outting. Hopefully we will go out soon for lunch

So cool...Have always wished that Nike or Asics would makes heels like this based off one of their classic designs...The other day, I was at the Timberland outlet and was thrilled to see that they actually do make some nice heeled boots...Block heels around 3-3.5"...  I'm so envious, glad you are having fun!

• Like 1

Those will rarely draw attention.  You will get more reaction from children (because they are looking low most of the time) who will tell their parents. But when you get knee highs and wear them on the outside of your pants, people WILL notice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Those will rarely draw attention.  You will get more reaction from children (because they are looking low most of the time) who will tell their parents. But when you get knee highs and wear them on the outside of your pants, people WILL notice.

This is the level of heeling I aspire to for sure....Tucking my jeans inside my boots has been a tough hurdle indeed, but one I so want to conquer

since wearing heels i always thought everyone will notice. wish i had the experence i have now, back in 2017.

I got the bug now for sure and the love for heels. Don't think i will be buying any non-heels anymore lol

We all have suffered from this disease for sure....It is hard to believe that most people are just to busy or wrapped up in what they are doing to notice our shoe choices, but it is true

One thing that does hold me back a bit, when we go for famly meals with my brother, he complains unless i wear

Even then he is always taking the piss. Like "wheres the Dress or Hay sexy" you look stupid, or gay.

My parters mum and dad, dont care and have said i can whear my heels (any) when ever, which i am taken back by. i have been to pubs with them.

I have a male friend who actually Encourages me to puch my limits and if it was not for him, i would not be so advanced as i am today. A true friend for sure.

I'm actually at a point now where i feel so happy that i can be more open and not have to worry so much. Apart from my brother who said im Embarrassing. (he is insecure) i wish he was better.

What i do struggle to understand, i have asked some people what they think and they say "why not, or if that what make you happy" it looks good. then you ask them them if your partner wanted to wear heels, what would your response be and they said No.

that to me is double standard and they are people pleasers.

If i like the look of something i would not care who else wants to do it.

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 1

OK, well I think you are right, your brother is very insecure.  He may "fear" that he has the same genes as you, and perhaps that might lead to wearing heels or the silly assumptions that usually goes along with it.  Or, perhaps your brother is secretly envious, because he really wants to wear heels but just doesn't have the courage to do so..Either way, do your best to ignore him.  

Like I said, your partner sounds like a great lady indeed, must have learned tolerance and acceptance from her parents.  They are secure, and want you to be you, and obviously feel you are a good partner.  

Finally, cut your friends a little slack...Surely, it is much easier to accept others that you have no relationship with...I don't know how to phrase this properly, so forgive my attempt:  your heel wearing has no reflection on them.  So, it is easy for them to be accepting.  Having a partner or spouse who wears heels could be perceived as a reflection on themselves...Not at all fair, but understandable.  Or, perhaps they would find it to be a complete "turn off", who knows.  The important thing is that your friends are accepting and unafraid to be with you while you wear heels in public.  

Societal pressures and notions are hard to ignore sometimes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 'not-my-man" syndrome is very prevalent in society. I think many here have come across syndrome. I think it a sign of insecurity in that person, they worry what others think or would say. It's all about how others (women) will see them. I see women who say they want a confident man, but you must have confidence to wear heels in public.  However, they don't see that as confidence. Double-double standard.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cali said:

Yeah, but it's almost always a good kind of notice. From my point of view, guys can now get away with high heeled boots. On the other hand, I'm very surprised you didn't mention our mutual weakness, shorts with heels, and usually sandals, which tend to get noticed in a less positive light. But even with those, people seem to care less and less as the years tick by, which makes a nice segue into my next thought (See below):

14 hours ago, peterborough said:

since wearing heels i always thought everyone will notice. Wish I had the experience I have now back in 2017.

I got the bug now for sure and the love for heels. Don't think i will be buying any non-heels anymore lol

To be fair, it has gotten easier to wear heels as a guy over the past several years. When I first found the courage to wear publicly back in 2012, things were much different. I got a lot more negative feedback just a few years ago than I get now. I went through the same thought process you're going through now. "I wish I had done this years ago." Yeah, me too, but there's no way my younger self, coupled with social attitudes at the time, could have got by with wearing heels in the 1980s. In short, just enjoy what you have now.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the contined support and kind words.

Todays outings was with the below jeans / heels.

1) First ever outing in public alone
This was both fun and also a little nervious. my first outing in heels like this even with the classic heel sounds that they make.

a) went to the vets to drop off something for one of our cats
b) Went to get fuel for the car
c) Went to Tesco shopping to pickup some flowers for my partner, she loved them.

2) Pub Meal
My Partner, myself and friend went to a pub for lunch

3) Back to the Vets

My Partner, myself, went back to the vets to drop off sample from one of our cats

89862545_heels3.thumb.jpg.ba22cfd6bc7e66585b1937e4e5fdf396.jpg

All 3 outgings where in the above heels with the show on show as per the pic above. No Comments at all :( i am actually wanting someone to comment now lol.

heels 2.JPG

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 2

No Comments at all :( i am actually wanting someone to comment now lol.

Get use to the "No comment".  The more we wear heels the less abnormal it will become.  

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, peterborough said:

Thanks everyone for the contined support and kind words.

Todays outings was with the below jeans / heels.

1) First ever outing in public alone
This was both fun and also a little nervious. my first outing in heels like this even with the classic heel sounds that they make.

a) went to the vets to drop off something for one of our cats
b) Went to get fuel for the car
c) Went to Tesco shopping to pickup some flowers for my partner, she loved them.

2) Pub Meal
My Partner, myself and friend went to a pub for lunch

3) Back to the Vets

My Partner, myself, went back to the vets to drop off sample from one of our cats

89862545_heels3.thumb.jpg.ba22cfd6bc7e66585b1937e4e5fdf396.jpg

All 3 outgings where in the above heels with the show on show as per the pic above. No Comments at all :( i am actually wanting someone to comment now lol.

heels 2.JPG

Kind of a double edge sword for sure....On the one hand, we don't really want to "stick out" enough to attract everyone's attention....But, on the other hand, getting a compliment now and again really is a confidence booster.  Those heels look great with the jeans, did anyone comment/compliment you?  How about at the vet's?  Keep in mind that most folks don't want to make a fuss, generally trying to be polite, doesn't mean they didn't notice.  

I do like the Trainer Heels with the Jeans. No comments at all yesterday.

Today will be fun. Parter and I are going to 4 to 5 large retail shops. Early xmas shopping (excuse to heel)

Hopefully all will go without issue as the Kids will all be out today during the week they are mosty at School.

update

Well I made it 7 hours out in public with my heels. 

All I heard was a teenager say someone look at that men in heels and that was it.

IMG_4612.jpg

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 3