Hills

stilletos

I was out today in my current favourite 3.5 inch Cuban heels in an town 60 miles from me. This place is know for its hills, didnt think anything of it .Until I.d been walking up and down these hills and realised the strain they put on your ankles and back.  I hate to think what it would be like in higher stiletto heels

I think I've stretched out my ankles and legs and gotten used to it.  Walking on hills helps stretch too.  Uphills feel great.  Downhills keep you on your toes.  3.5" feels normal to me now.  It's only at 4" that I feel the sensation that I am wearing heels now.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stilletos said:

I was out today in my current favourite 3.5 inch Cuban heels in an town 60 miles from me. This place is know for its hills, didnt think anything of it .Until I.d been walking up and down these hills and realised the strain they put on your ankles and back.  I hate to think what it would be like in higher stiletto heels

Up hill is easy in heels of any height. Down hill not so much. The vast majority of my heels are 5 inch rise. Often on down hill grades of 1:3 or more i have to side step somewhat. Stairs don't count since they are essentially a series of platues.

• Like 3

Try walking the hills in San Francisco (Chinatown).  

I have side stepped down a steep driveway having to hold onto the arm of my friend....and she laughed at me all the way down.

• Like 2

I've tried a few times to unload a truck by its ramp when wearing 4" heels and I was basically forced to run down the ramp with no stopping or slowing ability until the after I was completely off the ramp. I probably could have mastered the technique, but it wasn't worth the potential risks of injuries and other consequences while achieving this goal. 

• Like 2

I usually carry some flat shoes with me for those situations, just in case....  I feel your concern...  Smile   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Not at all. People all around the world are members of the Flat Earth Society!

I understand that members are required to wear Earth shoes, you know, them shoes with the negative heel. They still make those, don't cha know? I done looked it up.