Preparation and Execution:

Isolathor

I cannot tell you what other people find interesting, but the two things which caught my attention are probably a little weird. No. 1, is this picture somewhat old, or can you still find public phones in Germany? I haven't seen a phone booth around here (Midwest U.S.) for years. No. 2, was the choice of exposure settings on purpose, or did the photos come out that dark unintentionally?

14 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I cannot tell you what other people find interesting, but the two things which caught my attention are probably a little weird. No. 1, is this picture somewhat old, or can you still find public phones in Germany? I haven't seen a phone booth around here (Midwest U.S.) for years. No. 2, was the choice of exposure settings on purpose, or did the photos come out that dark unintentionally?

It looks like a British telephone booth, and like the London double decker busses those tend to be quite popular as collectibles. I know a house in my city which has one in its garden. So I can see it standing in some German town or city as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

It looks like a British telephone booth, and like the London double decker busses those tend to be quite popular as collectibles. I know a house in my city which has one in its garden. So I can see it standing in some German town or city as well.

Oh, duh! I told you I notice weird things. I didn't even bother to read the English word "telephone," I could just see it was a phone booth. Thanks for pointing that out!

32 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

No. 1, is this picture somewhat old, or can you still find public phones in Germany?

No. 2, was the choice of exposure settings on purpose, or did the photos come out that dark unintentionally?

1. That is an old picture, taken in 2009 when we still had some public phones left. It was part of an exchange program between cities, our city would get a nice red booth from the UK, and this city in the UK would get an ugly yellow one from our city.

2. These pictures had been taken at night, and i tried to make it look like night and match the indoor picture to the outdoor picture. I guess i overdid the postproduction. Here are the same pictures brightened up:

2146814507_P1000599a_Bildgrendern_exposure.thumb.jpg.d9a428787067b1642892cccfcd87d675.jpg 358777789_P1000605a_Bildgrendern_exposure.thumb.jpg.806ae80a673dcbdd2a07d1453022b4f3.jpg

• Thanks 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)