Public heeling

stilletos

I went out in heels for the first time in a long time wednesday . I had some spare time so I went to a local high street a bought a pair of 3.5 inch Cuban heeled boots . I changed into them straight away and went for a walk down the busy high street full of people wearing them. But no one took any notice of me at all even when I we t into some of the shops .

• Like 5

5 hours ago, stilletos said:

I went out in heels for the first time in a long time wednesday . I had some spare time so I went to a local high street a bought a pair of 3.5 inch Cuban heeled boots . I changed into them straight away and went for a walk down the busy high street full of people wearing them. But no one took any notice of me at all even when I we t into some of the shops .

Good for you, I’ve been doing that regularly in 4” stilettos boots worn over skinny jeans for the last 42 years lol and as you say, nobody ever really takes any notice and if they do they’re usually complimentary, just keep wearing them and take no notice lol 

• Like 3

I wear heels not to be noticed, I wear heels because I enjoy it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If someone wants to wear heels to be noticed, you may be disappointed, unless of course you wear ultra high "stripper" heels or something similar.  In that instance you may be noticed.  I don't wear "stripper" heels...  ha ha....   Smile, enjoy your shoes...   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:58 AM, SF said:

I wear heels not to be noticed, I wear heels because I enjoy it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If someone wants to wear heels to be noticed, you may be disappointed, unless of course you wear ultra high "stripper" heels or something similar.  In that instance you may be noticed.  I don't wear "stripper" heels...  ha ha....   Smile, enjoy your shoes...   sf

I was walking through my neighborhood a number of years ago, which is near a college, and I was stopped by an earnest young man and his girlfriend. He was genuinely curious about my reasons for wearing such outlandish garb. Back then, and I can put a rough date on this because I can remember exactly what I was wearing, at least from the waist down. This was back in 2014, probably about this time of year. I was experimenting with skinny jeans, or at least slim jeans, for the first time. Up until then, I had worn boot cut jeans in an attempt to sort of hide my heels. I can clearly remember that on one of my first outings in skinny jeans, I get flagged down by some kid who wants to talk.

At the time, I was not nearly as comfortable with myself as some people would have you believe. When people would make comments, as did happen from time to time, I usually panicked to some degree or other and became tongue tied. Or in this case, said stuff that didn't come out quite the way I intended. At the abrupt end of our conversation, the young man asked me something to the effect of, "Well, I suppose you like the attention you get with those shoes." My answer, which was heartfelt but unintentionally harsh, was "Actually, the complete opposite is true. I really wish people would leave me the hell alone." The young man looked rather crestfallen and wished me a good evening. That was kind of a dick move on my part, wasn't it?

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a woman in a parking lot ask me to help her find her cell phone by calling it. After she found it she asked me about my heels. First she said "I wish I could still wear heels." Followed by "I bet you doctors aren't happy about you wearing heels."  I told her that I wear them because of a bone spur and my doctors want me in at least 2.5 inch heels because of the shape of my feet (extremely high arch). Then she gave me a response I've heard before; why don't I get "medical" heels. My response has always been the same (1) they are very expensive, (2) heavy, (3) cumbersome, and (4) extremely UGLY.  If I have to wear heels (it's either heels or pain killers) I might as well enjoy it.  That means knee high boots, stilettoes, ........

Today, in the parking lot of a farmers market I turned a corner and encounter two women leaving. The lead woman said "I love your heels" -  "Thank you" and other woman said "beautiful."  First time I had these old heels called beautiful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I was walking through my neighborhood a number of years ago, which is near a college, and I was stopped by an earnest young man and his girlfriend. He was genuinely curious about my reasons for wearing such outlandish garb. Back then, and I can put a rough date on this because I can remember exactly what I was wearing, at least from the waist down. This was back in 2014, probably about this time of year. I was experimenting with skinny jeans, or at least slim jeans, for the first time. Up until then, I had worn boot cut jeans in an attempt to sort of hide my heels. I can clearly remember that on one of my first outings in skinny jeans, I get flagged down by some kid who wants to talk.

At the time, I was not nearly as comfortable with myself as some people would have you believe. When people would make comments, as did happen from time to time, I usually panicked to some degree or other and became tongue tied. Or in this case, said stuff that didn't come out quite the way I intended. At the abrupt end of our conversation, the young man asked me something to the effect of, "Well, I suppose you like the attention you get with those shoes." My answer, which was heartfelt but unintentionally harsh, was "Actually, the complete opposite is true. I really wish people would leave me the hell alone." The young man looked rather crestfallen and wished me a good evening. That was kind of a dick move on my part, wasn't it?

Well, I am certainly not as far along on the public heeling spectrum as you, somewhere in the middle I guess.  But, I still get somewhat tongue tied/shell shocked when people comment/compliment me.  Usually regret not engaging in more conversation other than just saying "thankyou".  I know you didn't mean to be abrupt with the young man, you were just making a point that came out abruptly....Too bad he couldn't read it now, maybe he is a member here....Oh well, this stuff happens to all of us...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I think you’re response was perfectly fine - his remark, that you were attention seeking, was rude and your telling him, in effect, to mind his own business was entirely appropriate. He asked for it. I wouldn’t give it another thought.

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Yesterday I had a woman in a parking lot ask me to help her find her cell phone by calling it. After she found it she asked me about my heels. First she said "I wish I could still wear heels." Followed by "I bet you doctors aren't happy about you wearing heels."  I told her that I wear them because of a bone spur and my doctors want me in at least 2.5 inch heels because of the shape of my feet (extremely high arch). Then she gave me a response I've heard before; why don't I get "medical" heels. My response has always been the same (1) they are very expensive, (2) heavy, (3) cumbersome, and (4) extremely UGLY.  If I have to wear heels (it's either heels or pain killers) I might as well enjoy it.  That means knee high boots, stilettoes, ........

Today, in the parking lot of a farmers market I turned a corner and encounter two women leaving. The lead woman said "I love your heels" -  "Thank you" and other woman said "beautiful."  First time I had these old heels called beautiful.

What a close minded remark! Medical heels indeed! The fact that they could be referred to like that is reason enough right there to avoid them if possible and your more stylish and imaginative recourse should have been applauded.

• Like 1