Office Heels

Jkrenzer

11 minutes ago, Henri1942 said:

I have not found Steel toe pumps yet.  Must comply with Safety.

Great look for the office.  Thanks for sharing.

Henri

I've got some metal tipped pumps that I bring in and claim are safety shoes.

• Like 1

That's wonderful!!  Wearing heels to work, when appropriate, is a great thing.  If the gals can do it, why not you (us)?  My previous jobs did not allow heels or sandals for safety reasons, but I have been considering a part time retirement job where I can wear heels at work.  I think it would be fun.  Enjoy wearing your heels.  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I almost always wear heels to work and every place else. Have been since 2015. 2 years ago I started to wear knee high stiletto boots over my skinny jeans.

I had a chat (meet and greet) with a new administrator last week over ZOOM.  During the chat I asked if he heard about the guy who wears heels, and he said yes so I said that I was the guy.  So it is something that the upper management talks about. 

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I almost always wear heels to work and every place else. Have been since 2015. 2 years ago I started to wear knee high stiletto boots over my skinny jeans.

I had a chat (meet and greet) with a new administrator last week over ZOOM.  During the chat I asked if he heard about the guy who wears heels, and he said yes so I said that I was the guy.  So it is something that the upper management talks about. 

Would have been really interesting though if you asked him his opinions before revealing yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Would have been really interesting though if you asked him his opinions before revealing yourself.

Well, it might have been "interesting", but he/she might not have appreciated being trapped into possibly making comments that were not complimentary

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, it might have been "interesting", but he/she might not have appreciated being trapped into possibly making comments that were not complimentary

I've worked for them for well over 30 years and have been on some very high profile committees with upper management, so I am a very well known person.  The fact that I also wear 4+ inch heel just adds to it.

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Knowing what they really think about you can never hurt. You may not like hearing it but if bad you at least know where you stand with them.

22 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm guessing he didn't continue on the topic of you in heels beyond "yes". In the business world it's not wise to, plenty of potential legal ramifications these days. 

Honestly, I judge it more by peoples attitudes. Since I've opened up to wearing my heels (another thread) at work the vast majority of my colleagues have had zero attitude adjustments but, a few have. These are the ones I assume are those who are upset. I won't do or say anything either to them. Some will, have been, come around as they get used to it, some never will. I started seeing this years ago since I've been public and typically have a pair or two in plain site in my vehicle. 

• Like 1

I have noticed over the years that gals seem to notice and/or comment about my gals shoes more than guys.  And the gals almost always seem to like (accept) that I am wearing a woman's shoe.  Guys on the other hand, don't seem to notice and when they do are less likely to comment and if they do they seem perplexed as to why a guy would wear gals shoes.  But guys that I frequently see and know I wear gals shoes are accepting, they may not "get it" but at least are accepting.  Of course there are exceptions, I just don't worry about it anymore.  

Have fun....  sf

• Like 2

Cali : I have seen your photos here, also on Pinterest . Are you saying that you wear high heels to work ? Question - If this is your day time attire for work, Why hasn't  the media picked up on your high heel interest . There seems to be plenty of fanfare for Ashley Maxwell-Lam or Mark Bryan . Some how we need to make you and HHPlace  more popular . Comment ?  MikeDSCF5322.thumb.JPG.af725d13f707c25b828c4993eed34283.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Knowing what they really think about you can never hurt. You may not like hearing it but if bad you at least know where you stand with them.

So true, but I wouldn't want to "trick" them by not revealing who I was before asking for opinions.  

Spikes, Mark Bryan was a big Pinterest poster for yrs before getting noticed. I don't post there, Cali? You?

Think he was looking for notice even though he claims otherwise.

Also, he is nearly a full-time crossdresser, with some risque skirts. He does look good too, so that helps.

4 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Cali : I have seen your photos here, also on Pinterest . Are you saying that you wear high heels to work ? Question - If this is your day time attire for work, Why hasn't  the media picked up on your high heel interest . There seems to be plenty of fanfare for Ashley Maxwell-Lam or Mark Bryan . Some how we need to make you and HHPlace  more popular . Comment ?  Mike

I'm on Pinterest?  I found out in 2015 that raising my heel by about 4 inches changed how my hip works.  The pain I had been living with for 12 years dramatically reduced.  And the pain quickly returned when I tried to return to flat shoes.  So I basically wear heels almost all time.

The injury that lead to wearing heels was rather sever and I couldn't stand or walk without heels for over 5 months.  At the beginning I would hide my heels with long pants, but I got to the point I wanted to wear knee high boots and hiding them under pants was hard. And if I going to wear a $200 suede boot I'm sure don't want to hide. So pre-pandemic I would wear my heels with skinny pants and some days with knee high boots.

I am also not interested in marketing my heels on social media at this time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm on Pinterest?  I found out in 2015 that raising my heel by about 4 inches changed how my hip works.  The pain I had been living with for 12 years dramatically reduced.  And the pain quickly returned when I tried to return to flat shoes.  So I basically wear heels almost all time.

The injury that lead to wearing heels was rather sever and I couldn't stand or walk without heels for over 5 months.  At the beginning I would hide my heels with long pants, but I got to the point I wanted to wear knee high boots and hiding them under pants was hard. And if I going to wear a $200 suede boot I'm sure don't want to hide. So pre-pandemic I would wear my heels with skinny pants and some days with knee high boots.

I am also not interested in marketing my heels on social media at this time.

You're the man alright!  Would love to hang out with you sometime, hopefully will develop the courage to wear my boots loud and proud just the way you do....

• Like 2

@Jkrenzer, I'm glad you've finally gotten the opportunity to wear you heels more openly at work. I often wonder what it would be like to wear heels to work every day, and I've never quite been able to wrap my brain around it, as I really can't wear heels in my industry. I've thought about some jobs I could do which would allow me to wear heels, but that would just be stupid. Why would I give up a good paying career I actually like for the opportunity to be shunned and ridiculed? I'm 90% kidding, of course, but sometimes these thoughts do bounce around in one's head.

I have worn heels to work a handful of times, my brown oxford looking booties with a 4" heel, but only on casual Fridays with bootcut jeans that cover them for the most part. I could probably get away with wearing pumps, as I am well known for my painted nails as it is. Maybe some day I will do it. See if all those silly emails about inclusiveness & diversity are worth the pixels there are printed with...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, chesterx said:

See if all those silly emails about inclusiveness & diversity are worth the pixels there are printed with...

Love your last sentence, how true, how true.....   I have suffered the wrath of “tolerance” many times.....  Rather sad...

sf

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It’s a bit like being in a union - if you’re not a paid up member of the disenfranchised classes, none of the diversity and inclusivity clauses apply to you. 

You don't even have to pay to be a member of that class. Nor can you. At least you can join a union. You can only be born into a victim or oppressor class and you can never change it. Unless you as a member of the privileged victim class says something that goes against the group think. Like Niki Minaj. This is why identity politics and CRT are so evil.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:12 PM, Jkrenzer said:

posted a response that went pink and didn't show up

Certain words used in posts will cause a post to be held back for moderation. Just to ensure topics dont veer off into unwanted subject matter for the website.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 4 weeks later...