Poshmark delivered to wrong house. Too bad for buyer.

I guess it finally happened.  I live in a neighborhood with two streets with similar names.  The post office delivered my Poshmark purchase to another street, probably same house number.  Poshmark assumes I'm lying so they went ahead and marked it delivered and paid the seller.  I filed a case with the local post office but I have no idea if when they scan deliveries they are stamped with GPS data or not.  If not then they will just assume I'm lying as well.  I'm glad it was only $22 total, but it still hurts.  I was outside watering at the time they said they delivered, no mail truck or delivery person seen at that time.  I once came home for lunch to find a new exercise machine (boxed) in my driveway.  The tag had the same house number but the similar sounding street.  I loaded it on my pickup truck and drove it over to the house it belonged to.  It's too bad somebody else didn't repay the favor though with a small package with jeans.  Now I wonder if the post office does determine they messed up if they will refund the seller.  I bet she just pockets the money and I will never hear about it.  

• Like 1

So I’ve had Poshmark do that before. USPS says it’s delivered but it never got to me.

1) this happens fairly often for us because there’s an authentication office for the high end items in our zip code and it receives a lot. So the post office sees Poshmark with that zip code and sends it there. It takes a couple of extra days and I usually have to file a report, but they make it to us.

2) there’s another street with our house number as well. Numerous times stuff has ended up there. It takes 3 or so days, but they usually bring the stuff down to us.

That happens quite frequently to us, parcels delivered to wrong adresses close by. These delivery guys and gals work under enormous amounts of pressure. But it works out anyway, because everyone receiving a package for someone else will put it on the right doorstep. That is what i call a good neighborhood.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

• 8 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, blueparrot said:

I guess it finally happened.  I live in a neighborhood with two streets with similar names.  The post office delivered my Poshmark purchase to another street, probably same house number.  Poshmark assumes I'm lying so they went ahead and marked it delivered and paid the seller.  I filed a case with the local post office but I have no idea if when they scan deliveries they are stamped with GPS data or not.  If not then they will just assume I'm lying as well.  I'm glad it was only $22 total, but it still hurts.  I was outside watering at the time they said they delivered, no mail truck or delivery person seen at that time.  I once came home for lunch to find a new exercise machine (boxed) in my driveway.  The tag had the same house number but the similar sounding street.  I loaded it on my pickup truck and drove it over to the house it belonged to.  It's too bad somebody else didn't repay the favor though with a small package with jeans.  Now I wonder if the post office does determine they messed up if they will refund the seller.  I bet she just pockets the money and I will never hear about it.  

Funny that I happened upon this topic.  I have been wanting some new boots badly and foolishly I think I fell for a scam.  Paypal sent me a email claiming the boots had been delivered, needless to say this was not the case.  I spent an hour or so at the post office the other day, was wearing my thrift store block heel boots.  Finally got to speak with the delivery manager who looked into the tracking number.  He told me it was a valid tracking number but to a different address.  Oh well, live and learn.  Fortunately I paid with paypal, so hoping they will straighten it out for me.