Crate Challenge - In Heels

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 9:02 AM, at9 said:

Being innocent in these things I googled "crate challenge". I really didn't know that the BBC had news pages in Pidgin: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-58318072

Strictly speaking they should say which pidgin as there are many: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English-based_pidgins

Oh boy, almost every former colony developed an own pidgin. 😁

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

On 9/20/2021 at 1:32 PM, HelenInHeels said:

That looks dangerous, i would not do it, even in flats.

Having done some wall climbing and tai chi I think its all a question of finding your balance and overcoming that voice in your head that says you can't do this. Once you can overcome that voice and got balance you can do this.

Last week i had i crate which broke while i was carrying it, it cut into my hand while falling down. Imagine a crate breaking when trying to climb the last step to the top and the stack tumbling down. Maybe it would be safe with new crates, but with used ones like you see in many videos it might be not the best idea.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

On 9/26/2021 at 1:07 AM, Isolathor said:

Last week i had i crate which broke while i was carrying it, it cut into my hand while falling down. Imagine a crate breaking when trying to climb the last step to the top and the stack tumbling down. Maybe it would be safe with new crates, but with used ones like you see in many videos it might be not the best idea.

Actually several idiots died doing this stupid challenge,  crates don't break, they're just stacked.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:39 AM, Shyheels said:

True, but why would one want to? 

Why do people skydive and freefall? Why do they freedive? Climb mountains without ropes? Mountainbike down narrow paths and steep ravines? Or the ultimate extreme sport thing (in a way), join a military and go to war? Because some people are adrenaline junkies. And when you overcome your own personal fear and reach that goal you will feel an immense rush and sense of accomplishment.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:07 AM, Isolathor said:

And that is why you would fail such tests. That voice inside your head telling you to imagine what would happen if ..... It's a healthy instinct that served us well to survive dangerous risks. But it also serves to separates the Elon Musks and Jeff Bezos's of the world from you or me. Where you and I would go that is extremely risky, they would go why not? And when you fail, you can fail big, but when you win, you can also win big. Who dares wins. Or loses. But who dares nothing will win nothing.

Although I agree that in this case the benefits do not outweigh the risks, as there is nothing to be gained by risking your life to do a crate challenge. Other then getting some likes on the internet from complete strangers. Which I reckon is like winning a billion dollars or euros to some people.