First ever compliment on my footwear

at9

I don't wear HH all the time but I quite often wear these ankle boots out and about: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-leopard-print/prd/21030697?ctaref=we+recommend+carousel_4&featureref1=we+recommend+pers

Yesterday evening in a small art gallery in London's West End the gallerist said she liked my shoes. I don't think it was obvious they were boots as they were partly hidden by my trousers but the heels were clearly visible. I thanked her of course. I should add that she was a good looking woman, at least 30 years younger than me. Nicely dressed, though not in heels herself.

Earlier that evening my partner and I had been at Bernie Dieter's Berlin Underground: https://londonist.com/london/on-stage/bernie-dieters-berlin-underground-review  The first show we've been to since lockdown which had a full audience. I wasn't surprised to see the performers (men and women) in high heels of various kinds for parts of their performances. From red stiletto pumps to sparkly ankle boots to OTK boots,

• Like 4

I wear western style 3" heel boots when i can find them. One day I was walking out of a motel and met a nice looking lady coming in. She looked down and said "I love your boots!"  I told her, "thanks, I do too!" she stopped and talked a bit and mentioned that men's fashion is so plain and went on to ask where I found boots like that. I looked at her kind of sheepish, and told her I found them on the other side of the store. She looked at me funny like she didn't get it and I say, "They are from the women's side of the store." Her eyes perked up and she got a huge grin and said, "Good for you! Most men wouldn't even think about wearing women's shoes." 

• Like 9

It IS nice to get an occasional comment now and then.  A few days ago I too got a compliment, first one in a long time.  A lady saw my sandals, stopped in place and stared at the shoes.  She was smiling and asked, why am I wearing those shoes?  I told her I am wearing them because I like them.  She continued smiling and said she really liked the sandals (a pair of chunky heeled strappy slip on's) and then said she wished she could wear heels, that she never really got used to heel wearing, but they looked great on me.  We had a short conversation about heel wearing, and I asked her what she thought about a guy in heels, she said it was "great."   

The encounter was fun and encouraging.    Enjoy your heels...   sf

• Like 4

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 4 weeks later...

I do regular business with a local company and when there frequently see the same lady.  The past few months I have worn heels when there.  Last month, the lady commented on my shoes, saying that she liked them (see the above post).  A few days ago, I again went to the business in heels and we had a friendly conversation but she never mentioned my heels, why would she.  As we spoke she mentioned that she was an free lance part time abstract painter. Painting fascinates me, since I have no creative imagination.  Towards the end of our conversation, the painter lady said, "may I ask you a question?"  I said sure.  She asked if she could take my picture, since she wants to "paint" me.  I asked why, and she pointed the my sandals and said "that's why, those shoes would make a wonderful painting.  

She took my pic, we laughed and I went on my way.  Will be interesting to see what she does with her creative skills.  Enjoy your heels...  sf

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Had another compliment on my Asos leopard boots yesterday. At an orchestral concert in central London. She was oriental, at least 30 years younger than me, and with her male partner.

• Like 3

It IS very nice to get compliments...  Positive reinforcement is good for the soul...  And mind...  Have fun...   sf