Nude ...

Isolathor

I rather like that color, especially in patent leather. I own a couple of pairs in that color, though it's been rather recent, as I didn't have the confidence to wear it before. I'm trying to branch out from  your basic blacks and browns. However, I do have a bit of a problem with the name, as it's not descriptive at all, it means absolutely nothing.  I suppose somebody came up with that name because it sounds sexier than "beige."

I had a pair of nude heels a long time ago, but no more. I prefer colors, or just black or white. Nude looks great with the right outfit, but it isn't on my top ten list!

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I rather like that color, especially in patent leather. I own a couple of pairs in that color, though it's been rather recent, as I didn't have the confidence to wear it before. I'm trying to branch out from  your basic blacks and browns. However, I do have a bit of a problem with the name, as it's not descriptive at all, it means absolutely nothing.  I suppose somebody came up with that name because it sounds sexier than "beige."

People forget the color taupe. Personally I love taupe. To call it nude is odd since not everyone has that tone of skin color.

The color neutrality of nude/beige/taupe fits right in with the socially promoted men's dull appareling colors and this trio is easier to match with the various hues and tints of red, blue, green, and violet/purple solids, florals, and/or prints.