Cars and high heels

Isolathor

13 hours ago, blueparrot said:

I now have driven the car in each of three pairs of Jessica Simpson platform clogs, plus a pair of Zara platform booties all six inch heels.  Now I will NOT do so on my motorcycle.  I did try five inch once and it was not fun or easy to shift up in gear.  Four inch heels no such problems and did it all the time.  

I had the opportunity to wear my Zara boots with 4.5" block heels on my 300 mile trip to see my brother.  Wearing boots while driving my 5 speed felt great, no issues at all.  Yes, depressing the clutch fully in heels takes a little adjustment, but that happened within the first few miles of the trip.  Accelerator and brake operation seemed actually easier, more comfortable than regular trainers/shoes.  I have had similar results while driving in my 4.5" Sam Edelman stiletto boots, was more concerned about scuffing up the boots though...I almost forgot I was wearing my Zara boots on this trip, so I guess I must have been comfortable....

On 7/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, p1ng74 said:

It's probably the angle of the pedals.  The lower the car, the more your legs are at a horizontal angle, versus trucks where you are more vertical.  

I love driving in heels.  I like the feeling of really stretching those hamstrings when pushing the clutch all the way in, which gets more extreme the higher the heels.  Like walking and running, I started from 2" and worked my way up slowly, so that I would get used to the incremental height and feel comfortable and safe.  Heels actually make heel-toe shifting easier.  I didn't realize just how accustomed I am to driving in heels until I tried moving my car across the compound the other day with slippers on.  My heel sank 3-4" inches deeper into the floorboard and I found my foot to be at a very uncomfortable angle.  

I race in a rallycross series on weekends and won the championship last year.  I wore my cowboy boots with 3" heels every season.  The only reason I'm not wearing anything higher is unrelated to driving - we have to work the course when we are not racing, and I would rather not run through the mud in my 4" heels.  But driving in them is no problem:

You make a good point.  Lower vehicles cars pose much less of an angle between your legs and the pedals...

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 12:42 AM, Pumped said:

So high heels woman buy a woman are ok, but if worn by a man not ok?

What are appropriate heels? Who defines appropriate? "Well your honor, the heels go with my skirt, so I believe they are appropriate!"
Really a vague law!

The law is neither impartial nor fair. And made worse by the people interpreting them, as after all, as humans they still have opinions of their own.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:08 PM, mlroseplant said:

I suppose it's very difficult to write an appropriate law to cover every situation, which is why to my knowledge, no U.S. state has ever written such a thing, with the exception of Alabama, where it is illegal to ride a motorcycle barefoot. I think all of these things would be covered by the vague but way less vague, "Failure to maintain control." So much depends on driver skill and attentiveness. For example, I would still be a better, safer driver than my wife if I were wearing 8 inch pole dancing shoes and she were wearing flat loafers. I'm not being mean, that's just a fact. To be fair, she would be a safer motorbike rider then me, wearing high heels, if we were to ride in Hanoi, Vietnam. That's mainly because I have trouble not thinking/driving like a Westerner in Hanoi traffic, which can get you killed (and nearly did one time).

I've seen how they drive in Vietnam on some of the videos of the ADVChina youtube channel. I remember coming home from Iran a couple of years and thinking why is everybody driving so orderly and without hitting the horn every 5 seconds? I wouldn't last 5 seconds on the road in Asia or Africa.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:06 AM, nyenor said:

I seem to recall that several years ago down here in Oz that one of the insurance companies tried to find a way of, if an accident occurred with the driver wearing heels, not 'paying out', as the heels were considered unsafe to drive in. Never heard whether they actually bought it in as a condition of payout or not, but as it did not seem to raise any more discussion, I assume the 'idea' was 'dropped'. Always sounded to me to be a typical insurance company way of avoiding paying a claim. 

It's the business of an insurance company to maximize profit by getting as much money from their customers and paying out as little as possible in damage when they have too.  I can't say I'm surprised by them becoming very creative in not having to pay any money if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

My friend has a beautiful eldorado like that, would love to drive it in my boots...

You could ask Your friend if a lease of the Eldorado for a weekend would be an option? 🤔

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

5 hours ago, Isolathor said:

You could ask Your friend if a lease of the Eldorado for a weekend would be an option? 🤔

He is a great friend, so I'm sure he would just let me borrow the car, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it, couldn't take the chance of something happening....  Not cuz of the boots, more because of other drivers...

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

My friend has a beautiful eldorado like that, would love to drive it in my boots...

Don, you already drive boats. An Eldorado is just a fat boat with wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Isolathor said:

cm09a.thumb.jpg.aba12408b86bcf3d98d4aa4fd71287af.jpg

You seem to have a lot of images of your wife among classic American cars. Is there a museum of the like near you in Germany? By the way your wife really brings out the classic in the cars.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 11:52 PM, Jkrenzer said:

You seem to have a lot of images of your wife among classic American cars. Is there a museum of the like near you in Germany?

There is a Cadillacmuseum in 57627 Hachenburg, Zur Tiefenbach 6. It also is a small Diner and a shop for vintage dresses. We made some pics for the shop catalogue a few years ago.

The museum is not always open, you need to phone them for opening times due to the pandemic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isolathor said:

There is a Cadillacmuseum in 57627 Hachenburg, Zur Tiefenbach 6. It also is a small Diner and a shop for vintage dresses. We made some pics for the shop catalogue a few years ago.

The museum is not always open, you need to phone them for opening times due to the pandemic.

That is not even that far from my place in Nijmegen. 3 hourish drive.

5 hours ago, Isolathor said:

That makes Helen a model. She is definitely atractive enough for modeling.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 3:21 PM, Chorlini said:

That is not even that far from my place in Nijmegen. 3 hourish drive.

And it is well worth a visit, so why not spend an afternoon there?

On 8/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jkrenzer said:

That makes Helen a model.

A 1time model ..... 😆

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, Isolathor said:

When i married her she was 63 Kg, and she still is. So there is no sign of starving ..... 😉

She is well feed compared to my 100 pound wife! My bet she is a bit taller than my wife's 5'2". My wife weighed herself earlier to night, all the way up to 103 pounds. When we met she was a whole 90 pounds. I give her crap about all the weight she has gained in the last forty years!🤣

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pumped said:

She is well feed compared to my 100 pound wife! My bet she is a bit taller than my wife's 5'2". My wife weighed herself earlier to night, all the way up to 103 pounds. When we met she was a whole 90 pounds. I give her crap about all the weight she has gained in the last forty years!🤣

OK, I'm jealous. 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Well, she is 176 cm tall, but a good part of that is just legs ..... 😉

peeptoe5.thumb.jpg.341db2533eedd48954a052fad5612de2.jpg

Very nice, but we knew that already from all the pics!

17 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

OK, I'm jealous. 

She is 60 years old too! Size "0" jeans, XS tops. I need to talk to her about the 3 pounds! 🤣

I am a happy man!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 3:06 AM, nyenor said:

I seem to recall that several years ago down here in Oz that one of the insurance companies tried to find a way of, if an accident occurred with the driver wearing heels, not 'paying out', as the heels were considered unsafe to drive in. Never heard whether they actually bought it in as a condition of payout or not, but as it did not seem to raise any more discussion, I assume the 'idea' was 'dropped'. Always sounded to me to be a typical insurance company way of avoiding paying a claim. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:03 AM, Chorlini said:

It's the business of an insurance company to maximize profit by getting as much money from their customers and paying out as little as possible in damage when they have too.  I can't say I'm surprised by them becoming very creative in not having to pay any money if possible.

The position is not as black and white as that, whatever cynics may suggest.   Yes, like any business, an insurer wants to make a profit - but is also very well aware that it will not sell very much in a competitive market if it has a reputation for rejecting claims for no good reason.   A good attitude to claims (rather than cheap premiums) is probably the best marketing tool an insurer has.

In a case such as that under discussion, where there is an allegation that inappropriate footwear has caused or contributed to the damage or injury that is the subject of an insurance claim, it is very unlikely that the contract of insurance will include any relevant specific condition, the breach of which (if proven) would entitle the insurer to repudiate the claim - or even declare the contract void.   And even then, under English law (and in most other jurisdictions), the third-party's claim must still be met in full, with the insurer then able to attempt to recover its outlay from its own insured.   (This is what happens when e.g. a drink- or drugs-related accident happens, for which cover is generally denied.)   Whether the 'wrong footwear' is ever going to give the insurer rights of denial or recovery of indemnity is ultimately for a civil court to determine.   If there had been a criminal prosecution arising from the same occurrence (e.g. for careless or dangerous driving), a finding of guilt would provide strong evidence to support the third-party claim for damages and to influence the first-party insurer's attitude to the payout.   Each case turns on its merits, of course. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a pair of 3-4" block heel ankle boots which seem to be just right for me to drive in. First time driving this morning with them on and felt very natural. Plus the ankle boot adds some support which was reassuring :)

• Like 3