Times may be changing...

Schnubab

How does a company’s taking down their rainbow bunting at the end of a Pride event affect anybody’s celebrating being gay whenever they please?

Nearly everybody takes their Christmas tree down after twelfth night. But if I want to I can leave mine up year round. That’s down to me. 

Edited by Shyheels

16 hours ago, Shyheels said:

How does a company’s taking down their rainbow bunting at the end of a Pride event affect anybody’s celebrating being gay whenever they please?

Nearly everybody takes their Christmas tree down after twelfth night. But if I want to I can leave mine up year round. That’s down to me. 

I think the main point was business celebrate various holidays just for the money. Promote gay pride and gays will flock to your business and spend money, but once pride month is over they need to find the next event to bleed money out of. A true supporter of pride would leave flags and banners up all your round, or at least longer then the 1st through the 30th of the month!

On 8/1/2021 at 12:36 AM, Shyheels said:

They'll keep up the pride stuff in other ways. Twittwat is usually the medium of choice for that.

22 hours ago, Pumped said:

I think the main point was business celebrate various holidays just for the money. Promote gay pride and gays will flock to your business and spend money, but once pride month is over they need to find the next event to bleed money out of. A true supporter of pride would leave flags and banners up all your round, or at least longer then the 1st through the 30th of the month!

I'm not even sure gays will flock to your business to spend money. A: There's not that many of them to make it worthwhile. And B: Activists don't spend money on the things they demand they want. That is why woke movies flop. Business put up the rainbow flag to avoid bad PR and potentially, like with BLM, to not get burned down by an angry mob. Which is why today we don't have Pride Month but Pride Year fulltime.

20 hours ago, Shyheels said:

They might well be supporting other, equally worthy causes in subsequent months. Diversity, remember?

Oh God, the only thing worse then a bunch of rainbow activists being angry on behalf on other people (because most of them aren't gay or trans at all, just mental) are the diversity fascists who want to divide us and discriminate against us so they can raise whatever chosen people of the week they want on a shield and parade them around like the white saviors that they feel they are. Which is what this basically is, a white savior complex. More then a century ago these would be the people that would go to Africa to bring civilization to the 'savages', now they are raging on behalf of others.

15 hours ago, Rockpup said:

One site brought up the anti gays comments they were getting. Must have gotten more as they still have the pride flag going in August.

EF98E90F-540C-4AAE-925B-63066A77D670.jpeg

They can do whatever they want. I won't be giving stations or companies like that a cent of my money unless there is absolutely no other choice. Get woke, go broke! They have the right to virtue signal, I have the right to withhold them my money. Don't give money to people who hate you anyway.

12 hours ago, Chorlini said:

They'll keep up the pride stuff in other ways. Twittwat is usually the medium of choice for that.

I'm not even sure gays will flock to your business to spend money. A: There's not that many of them to make it worthwhile. And B: Activists don't spend money on the things they demand they want. That is why woke movies flop. Business put up the rainbow flag to avoid bad PR and potentially, like with BLM, to not get burned down by an angry mob. Which is why today we don't have Pride Month but Pride Year fulltime.

Oh God, the only thing worse then a bunch of rainbow activists being angry on behalf on other people (because most of them aren't gay or trans at all, just mental) are the diversity fascists who want to divide us and discriminate against us so they can raise whatever chosen people of the week they want on a shield and parade them around like the white saviors that they feel they are. Which is what this basically is, a white savior complex. More then a century ago these would be the people that would go to Africa to bring civilization to the 'savages', now they are raging on behalf of others.

They can do whatever they want. I won't be giving stations or companies like that a cent of my money unless there is absolutely no other choice. Get woke, go broke! They have the right to virtue signal, I have the right to withhold them my money. Don't give money to people who hate you anyway.

Funny thing is, over here they try to hold up EU countries as being more enlightened. Its interesting to see opinions like yours exist elsewhere, not just the US South.

(formerly known as "JimC")

5 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Funny thing is, over here they try to hold up EU countries as being more enlightened. Its interesting to see opinions like yours exist elsewhere, not just the US South.

I am very enlightened. I am 100% in support of gay rights, women's rights, the whole works. If my son or daughter was gay or trans I'd 100% support them in their choices. Always believed that, I still do. I just happen to think that those rights were achieved decades ago and what we see isn't a fight for equality but equity, or equal outcome, which is communism, or worse, supremacy by putting their preferred victim group above the other. And its pissing off more and more people. It's just that the European media and politicians are way more unified in their agenda to either ignore or suppress this dissent then in the US. You can argue about the validity of FOX news, but at least its giving the other side of the political spectrum a voice. No such voice exists in the EU media landscape. It immediately gets slapped by the conspiracy nutter or extreme rightwing label.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

It depends on the EU country - I don't think anyone regards Hungary as a paragon in these matters 

There is much wrong with Hungary, but I do feel they have correctly identified that pushing rainbow ideology onto kids is not something that they find desirable. When you're an adult do whatever you want, that is your right. But let kids be kids. And them booting gender studies out of their academia was a very smart thing too. But I suspect that them having had to live under the jackboot of communism for so long at least gave them some skill as in how to identify when it rears its ugly head again. Then again I am willing to admit that a country that gets so maligned by the media and the rainbow mafia in my bias becomes a country that is not so bad after all. I haven't been there so I can't really tell, Which ultimately I think is the only true way to find out what is real or not. Me visiting countries in the Middle East was also an eye opener in regards to my perception of them vs. the real situation on the ground.

Edited by Chorlini
  • Like 1

This thread appears to be headed in that direction of doom. Before it gets noticed and shut down, let me share my rule to remain PC: Don't be a jackwagon. It's as simple as that. You don't necessarily have to be meek and mild and let people walk all over you. You can have strong opinions, just don't be a jackwagon about your opinions.

• Thanks 1

Genesis 9:13-17....  The promise.  We are all one, don't ever forget it.....   Smile...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, Jkrenzer said:

I can't attest to their open toed heels. I rarely fit open toed heels from anyone very well,  mostly they bother my big toe where the vamps start. Always been a problem for me.

I do however think you'd like these.

20210728_065242_resized.jpg

20210728_065208_resized.jpg

They’re some seriously amazing shoes ♥️

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just thought I would give an update on this as I am always looking for any developments made by shoe brands towards larger sizes.

I see Steve Madden appears to be taking the move toward larger sizes more seriously, and not just a seasonal thing. See the link below :-

https://stevemadden.eu/collections/sizes-for-everyone

• Like 1

Great news and excellent marketing!!  About 10 years ago I purchased two pair of Steve Madden sandals (size 11, and they ran large, at least back then) that I still have, they are comfy and fit perfectly.  A few years later it was impossible to find Steve Madden shoes in larger sizes, good to know that may be changing.  Wonder if the same marketing plan will carry over to the United States.  

As an aside, I have had great luck with larger size shoes and sandals from Marmi and Nine West.  Nice looking, high quality sandals both...  

Have fun....   sf 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 year later...

Just a brief update on this as I always keep my eye out, but it appears Steve Madden are really embracing the push to larger sizes still. There are a bunch of larger sizes now on the EU website and it they have collaborated with a male star for some of the marketing photos.

https://stevemadden.eu/collections/whats-new-womens/products/daisie-heel-teal-patent-2

2 hours ago, Schnubab said:

Just a brief update on this as I always keep my eye out, but it appears Steve Madden are really embracing the push to larger sizes still. There are a bunch of larger sizes now on the EU website and it they have collaborated with a male star for some of the marketing photos.

https://stevemadden.eu/collections/whats-new-womens/products/daisie-heel-teal-patent-2

What actor. Didn't sign into their news letter Didn't see anything on their site.

Interesting. I happen to have two pairs of "Daisie" pumps. They don't look bad on him. I'm not sure what is going on with the peppermint candy.  .  . thing, but whatever. Marketing is one thing I don't understand. However, I think I now know, just from looking at the pictures, why the heels on my newer pair of Daisies is noticeably shorter than the older pair. I believe they purposefully took a centimeter off the height to make them less intimidating to buyers.

18 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Interesting. I happen to have two pairs of "Daisie" pumps. They don't look bad on him. I'm not sure what is going on with the peppermint candy.  .  . thing, but whatever. Marketing is one thing I don't understand. However, I think I now know, just from looking at the pictures, why the heels on my newer pair of Daisies is noticeably shorter than the older pair. I believe they purposefully took a centimeter off the height to make them less intimidating to buyers.

Yah they don't look as well proportioned as yours. It's a good question, did they tweak the height some. Also, I like the short cut pant look on him and that he is wearing the teal.

I wearva lot of colors, one of the many reasons I prefer my heels over traditional men's footware.

Yes, I can imagine shortening the heel a centimetre or two would have made it not only less intimidating to first time buyers, making that tentative step into heels, but made them easier to walk in as well - and thus less likely to be dumped in the back of a wardrobe and left to gather dust. 

I got a questionaire/survey yesterday from Jessica Simpson.  Some of the questions on the survey indecated they are considering larger sizes and shorter heels as well.

• Like 2

Tell them you want the larger sizes but keep offering higher heels. Offer both, larger sizes in higher and lower heels. Let them know, just because you are a man doesn't mean you always want lower heels.

I wear a JS size 11 because they are narrower than other shoes.  But I asked for them to bring back Rollin (my knee high stiletto boots), boots with full zipper, higher heels and slightly more ankle room.  And a lace-up sandal.  Nothing much. Let's hope they listen to me.  😄

• Like 1

Cali: I am hopeing the best for you in getting JS people to resurrect your specific high heel interest. However, I had a conversation with a salesman years ago who said, (Quote) "You never go to the well twice." I would love to be able to get high heels I have seen years ago. I am not holding my breath.   Mike

• Like 1

I know it is a longshot, a very very longshot, but you got to try for it to happen.  Lately I have noticed some manufactures bring back a fan favorite.  I'm also on a wait list for those Multi-ice look boots.  They sold out very fast, even at $400/pair.

19 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Cali: I am hopeing the best for you in getting JS people to resurrect your specific high heel interest. However, I had a conversation with a salesman years ago who said, (Quote) "You never go to the well twice." I would love to be able to get high heels I have seen years ago. I am not holding my breath.   Mike

The lawyer in me is suspicious of the absolutes "always" and "never," but yeah, I get it. It makes sense. No wonder I buy used. That way, I can let somebody else fall into the well.