Controversial heels for Ukraine military parade

at9

I’m not really sure why anybody would think it’s a good idea to march in pumps, particularly if you’re goose-stepping. Heeled or not, that’s a shoe waiting to come off. At least the North Korean female soldiers get to wear heeled boots!

Posted later—Heh, evidently this is not going to happen. Whoever it is that made this decision has gotten enough flak that the decision was reversed. 

In broader thoughts, what is the point of a military parade anyway? Tremendous waste of resources. I’m completely fascinated, don’t get me wrong, but that’s not what the military is for. We probably ought to quit that stuff. 

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

In broader thoughts, what is the point of a military parade anyway? Tremendous waste of resources. I’m completely fascinated, don’t get me wrong, but that’s not what the military is for. We probably ought to quit that stuff. 

I suppose the military has public relations to manage, like most organizations.  I loved air shows and what not around Independence Day as a kid because we got to see all the fast and loud equipment.  And of course the military used every event to promote recruitment.  

• Like 2