Hi there!! (My story so far!)

6 hours ago, Twilight said:

And just like that, I'm a grown-ass man

Forgive me for saying this, but that is possibly one of the most American idioms you could have possibly uttered, or in this case, technically, written. Dude, I totally get it, I was 40 years old before I realized I was a grown-ass man and could wear what I wanted.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Welcome!  I enjoyed the introduction and the stories!  What kind of high heels do you own now?  Do you still have desire to wear heels in public?

Hi! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

My collecetion in chronological order:

- a white leather Ariane sandal, it has a 7cm high square-shaped heel (was perfect for learning how to properly walk in high heels)

- a black leather Graceland pump, 8.5cm high spike heel (this is the one I wear the most, it's almost constantly on my feet when I'm in my room, even during sleep)

- a white leather Granceland sandal, 7.5cm blocky heel

- a clear PVC pump I ordered from Aliexpress, 10cm spike heel (still have a tough time wearing it for long)

- a black over-the-knee boots, 10cm spike heel with 4-5cm platform (bought it just a few weeks ago)

As for wearing them in public, I don't really want to. Maybe in a very remote place where nobody lives / goes to. I'm a shy dude and way too scared to randomly meet someone who knows me while wearing them and getting me exposed.

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Forgive me for saying this, but that is possibly one of the most American idioms you could have possibly uttered, or in this case, technically, written. Dude, I totally get it, I was 40 years old before I realized I was a grown-ass man and could wear what I wanted.

What can I say, I like American culture!

• Like 2

Welcome Twilight!  Glad you are here and feel comfortable enough to share your story...  You are not alone, your heeling journey sounds very familiar indeed.  I enjoy wearing high heel boots, it feels great to wear them in public, usually under levis though.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have visited Budapest few times, and had absolutely no problems wearing heels or ballet flats! Got some weird looks from people in West End shopping mall and metro stations, but that was it. I really like Budapest, it's a beautiful (and safe) city!

Edited by musiclover
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, musiclover said:

Hello!

I have visited Budapest few times, and had absolutely no problems wearing heels or ballet flats! Got some weird looks from people in West End shopping mall and metro stations, but that was it. I really like Budapest, it's a beautiful (and safe) city!

Oh wow, you've been here before? I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had the guts to wear heels in public!

Hello Twilight,

First off, I love your story. Totally. Thank you for sharing. And I do hope that things turn out fine with that girl.

Am I correct to assume that it sucks to live in Hungary if you are into heels as a guy? Just watching what is going on over there right now suggests that the society may not too tolerant to people bending genders these days. God, I hope I am wrong. The other challenge I can see there is getting heels in your size. Are there any stores at all that carry size 43+ heels ... or ... do you have to order them from outside Hungary?

I was born and raised in Hungary before I moved to the US. My mom never wore heels but my grandma and my friends' moms did, so I had a chance to experience something similar to what you did. Unfortunately, being a tall guy, I grew out of heels when I was 11 or 12. I was sad to watch my feet grow to size 45 (US women's 13) and accepted what I thought was a fact that I would never be able to wear heels again.

Fast forward several years, I found myself in the US, where I discovered - while shopping for heels with my wife - that they do carry my size here. I was literally begging my wife to let me buy a pair. She was well aware of my foot fetish (she has beautiful size 38 feet that are shaped like wearing heels all the time), so she was OK with it. Fast forward several years again, I found that there are large size heels in abundance here. Brand name. Leather. Super sexy but comfortable. I own dozens of them by now.

Anyhow, back to you: welcome to hhplace. And feel free to share pictures, so people can get to know you better.

Be well!

Edited by Femininefeet
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Femininefeet said:

Hello Twilight,

First off, I love your story. Totally. Thank you for sharing. And I do hope that things turn out fine with that girl.

Am I correct to assume that it sucks to live in Hungary if you are into heels as a guy? Just watching what is going on over there right now suggests that the society may not too tolerant to people bending genders these days. God, I hope I am wrong. The other challenge I can see there is getting heels in your size. Are there any stores at all that carry size 43+ heels ... or ... do you have to order them from outside Hungary?

I was born and raised in Hungary before I moved to the US. My mom never wore heels but my grandma and my friends' moms did, so I had a chance to experience something similar to what you did. Unfortunately, being a tall guy, I grew out of heels when I was 11 or 12. I was sad to watch my feet grow to size 45 (US women's 13) and accepted what I thought was a fact that I would never be able to wear heels again.

Fast forward several years, I found myself in the US, where I discovered - while shopping for heels with my wife - that they do carry my size here. I was literally begging my wife to let me buy a pair. She was well aware of my foot fetish (she has beautiful size 38 feet that are shaped like wearing heels all the time), so she was OK with it. Fast forward several years again, I found that there are large size heels in abundance here. Brand name. Leather. Super sexy but comfortable. I own dozens of them by now.

Anyhow, back to you: welcome to hhplace. And feel free to share pictures, so people can get to know you better.

Be well!

Hi Femininefeet!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story and thanks for the good wishes, they mean a lot to me right now!
To answer your first question: kinda yes, but also kinda no; it's not much different than in the US, I assume. You can walk in heels as a guy on the streets mostly with no issues, but you'll definitely going to get a lot of attention from other people. Most people will just look at you and think "Hmm, that's a weird guy, why does he do that, does it make him feel good..." without actually saying anything bad to you. Other times, you'll see people shaking their head upon seeing you or -in good cases- smile at you. Only in the worst of the worst cases you'll encounter people shouting homophobic slurs at you or start a fight with you (thankfully, that has never happened to me). It really comes down to when you go out and what neighbourhood you're exploring. And people indeed aren't really tolerant with LGBT-communities and with regular "cross-dressers" alike, especially the 45+ year old audience who grew up during the communist era in a very different world. Back then, stuff like this was completely illegal and thus unheard of. Younger folks who grew up in the 2000s and 2010s are more tolerant with this topic.
German retailer Deichmann is the only store (that I know of atleast) that sell size 43+ womens' shoes here in Hungary. So, if you don't like what they're offering, the only option you have is to order shoes Online from abroad. I do buy shoes at Deichmann and order from the PRC (China) in tandem; physically going to the store is more convinient for me, while the selection is siginificantly larger Online, like on AliExpress. I have a lot of female friends with larger feet and even they complain that they can't find shoes in their size, so it's definitely a negative.
Definitely going to share pics in the coming weeks and months, stay tuned!!
Best wishes!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Twilight said:

Hi Femininefeet!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story and thanks for the good wishes, they mean a lot to me right now!
To answer your first question: kinda yes, but also kinda no; it's not much different than in the US, I assume. You can walk in heels as a guy on the streets mostly with no issues, but you'll definitely going to get a lot of attention from other people. Most people will just look at you and think "Hmm, that's a weird guy, why does he do that, does it make him feel good..." without actually saying anything bad to you. Other times, you'll see people shaking their head upon seeing you or -in good cases- smile at you. Only in the worst of the worst cases you'll encounter people shouting homophobic slurs at you or start a fight with you (thankfully, that has never happened to me). It really comes down to when you go out and what neighbourhood you're exploring. And people indeed aren't really tolerant with LGBT-communities and with regular "cross-dressers" alike, especially the 45+ year old audience who grew up during the communist era in a very different world. Back then, stuff like this was completely illegal and thus unheard of. Younger folks who grew up in the 2000s and 2010s are more tolerant with this topic.
German retailer Deichmann is the only store (that I know of atleast) that sell size 43+ womens' shoes here in Hungary. So, if you don't like what they're offering, the only option you have is to order shoes Online from abroad. I do buy shoes at Deichmann and order from the PRC (China) in tandem; physically going to the store is more convinient for me, while the selection is siginificantly larger Online, like on AliExpress. I have a lot of female friends with larger feet and even they complain that they can't find shoes in their size, so it's definitely a negative.
Definitely going to share pics in the coming weeks and months, stay tuned!!
Best wishes!

I am sure that the more adventurous heelers are going to disagree with me but I would not consider the US a single country in this regard. I think there is a wide spectrum of tolerance levels ranging from big cities in certain states all the way to rural shitholes in hillbilly states with a bunch of shades in between. While I would feel very comfortable eating out in heels in suburban Baltimore, I am not sure I would finish dinner unscathed everywhere in Alabama. I do not wear heels to prove a point but to feel good, and if the latter is not possible somewhere, then I just wear women's flats to avoid drawing too much attention.

Deichmann does not seem to offer a whole lot of large size heels, even though inventory levels are generally low in today's post-Covid world. I actually noticed it only few days back that supply chains are finally ramping back up. If you ever want to order heels from the US, just let me know and I can provide a pretty exhaustive list of online merchants.

• Like 1