Heel Binging

Jkrenzer

I have two pair of identical block heeled ankle boots, one in light tan suede and the other in black leather. Not exactly a binge but I don’t gave the funds to go binging and anyway, the company that made them, Shoes of Prey, has gone out of business.

• Like 2

I have around 10+ different styles with multiple pairs. Some are the exact same color others with multiple colors.  I have several that are 'future' replacement pairs of a shoe I really like (some still in their box), others because I wanted different colors in the same style.  I learned every early that women's shoes come and go very quick, some never to be seen again. So if I liked a pair, I should buy more when I have a chance because it may be the last time I see them for sale.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cali said:

I have around 10+ different styles with multiple pairs. Some are the exact same color others with multiple colors.  I have several that are 'future' replacement pairs of a shoe I really like (some still in their box), others because I wanted different colors in the same style.  I learned every early that women's shoes come and go very quick, some never to be seen again. So if I liked a pair, I should buy more when I have a chance because it may be the last time I see them for sale.

OK, I can relate.  I really like my Sam Edelman boots, and feared they might never be found again in my size....So, bought another new pair and put them away for why my first pair finally gives up...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

A recent couple posts on Melrose's thread got me thinking. How many of us are Heel Bingers. I know I am here is my collection of one style of 5" round toed pumps. I have 12 pair, patent, snake patent and matte. Love them all and wear them all. One thing about heels, no limit on colors. I've received great comments with these.

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Couple of thoughts: Number One, because I have bought five pairs of identical shoes, rather than different colors of the same model shoe, does that make me a binger or a hoarder?

Number Two: I am not sure I would call those "round toed" pumps. More like almond toed to me. In either case, those shoes are awesome!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Number One, because I have bought five pairs of identical shoes, rather than different colors of the same model shoe, does that make me a binger or a hoarder?

Binger.

A hoarder starts at 6 pairs of the same color.

I don’t think I could call myself a binger at this point, although I do have the same pair of Converse wedge sneakers in 6 different colors.

For me, as much as I love the styles that I have, my boots are usually all a brown, gray, or black and don’t come in a variety of colors.

There is a ‘but’ coming. But, I do have a pair of boots that I love so much that when I found them in another color on Poshmark, my wife got them for me for our upcoming anniversary.

As well, there are a couple of other pairs of boots I recently got that come in other colors that I’d like to have, but I’m on a shoe buying hiatus until August, so I hope they’re available then

wow 14 pairs of the very same shoe style but in different colors... that is quite impressive.  Well, when you find something you like you definitely go all in!  :)   I have a fairly large collection overall, more than I would like to count (guessing near 80 pair), but I think I only have a few pairs that might fall into a category like what you have.

I have a 2-3 pairs of the same style, different color heels. I also have a pair of 3 inch, block heel boots with an identical pair put away in a box for when the first pair wear out. I liked them so much I bought a back up pair!

I'll admit to having owned probably four pairs of plain black patent pumps in my day, but while being the same basic style, none were exactly the same.  They would have a slightly different cut to the upper (more or less toe cleavage) or a slightly different heel shape or height (though all were narrow, one wasn't a true stiletto).

1 hour ago, RonC said:

I'll admit to having owned probably four pairs of plain black patent pumps in my day, but while being the same basic style, none were exactly the same.  They would have a slightly different cut to the upper (more or less toe cleavage) or a slightly different heel shape or height (though all were narrow, one wasn't a true stiletto).

Sorry Ron doesn't count. 

If used that thought, then numbers would be much larger. 🙂

• Like 1

Just received the white and black pumps shown. 14cm heels and actually comfortable. Wore the red pumps most of this week, they arrived Monday. My favorite new binging brand Hey Si Mey.

hey si mey.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 11:06 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Well, turns out I miss counted on 2 pair, these were in my other vehicle and I forgot them from the 1st post. So 14 pair. Yikes.

IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

What brand are they?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My wife tells me that I have too many heels and need to get rid of a few.  She's right, but they all are very functional and I like them.  For that reason I have compromised, for the past few years I have not purchased and new heels, until this summer.  I splurged and bought myself a pair of Tieks flats, and a pair of chunky heeled sandals.  Now I guess I have to get rid a a few pair of old shoes?  Naww..  ha ha...

Have fun....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

36 minutes ago, SF said:

My wife tells me that I have too many heels and need to get rid of a few.  She's right, but they all are very functional and I like them.  For that reason I have compromised, for the past few years I have not purchased and new heels, until this summer.  I splurged and bought myself a pair of Tieks flats, and a pair of chunky heeled sandals.  Now I guess I have to get rid a a few pair of old shoes?  Naww..  ha ha...

Have fun....  sf

Well, how many pairs of shoes does she have?

• Like 1

You only need to thin the herd when you have to either retire some shoes or build a new house to hold them.

I'm building the new house with a bigger closet.

Edited by Cali

1 hour ago, Chorlini said:

Well, how many pairs of shoes does she have?

Now that question is totally irrelevant and out of order....   ha ha ha.....   When I axed her that question there almost was an "incident."  

Will try and get an answer, someday......   Take care....    sf

• Haha 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, time has the power to change minds, and heels once being a "must have" are later "don't like". It happened to most of my wifes pumps with platforms and most of the strappier types. Also some cheap chinese heels were only bought for some pictures and had to leave because of poor quality and/or fit. If heels are not worth to be worn why keep them?

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

4 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Well, time has the power to change minds, and heels once being a "must have" are later "don't like". It happened to most of my wifes pumps with platforms and most of the strappier types. Also some cheap chinese heels were only bought for some pictures and had to leave because of poor quality and/or fit. If heels are not worth to be worn why keep them?

Time has a way of doing that. Unless you're one of those hoarders who can't get rid of anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Isolathor said:

It happened to most of my wifes pumps with platforms and most of the strappier types.

Another type that had to leave were most of the open toed pumps, popular here in the decade after the millenium.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

Many of my heels are identical or styled back-ups of the high heels I really love and prefer wearing. So I probably could get rid of some scuffed and scraped pairs that are beyond or in need a lot of repair. Besides, I need the spaces they now occupy.