Flying in heels

bambam

Had a chance to fly recently. Each trip I plan out, what I want to wear on the flight. Have worn a 4" chunky boot once with skinny jeans, with the entire shoe exposed. That was fun, for the ~8h flight.

Another time, on a ~5h flight decided to wear something a bit different, so wore some ankle boots from Steve Madded, 4.5" stiletto heel, white snake print (like these, but ankle only: https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Madden-Womens-Fashion-Natural/dp/B08BFM15NB/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=Steve+Madden+Snake+Booties&qid=1665974294&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjkwIiwicXNhIjoiNS42NyIsInFzcCI6IjQuMTQifQ%3D%3D&sr=8-9). They were under some boot-legged jeans, with ~3" of shoe showing. No problems through security, obviously took them off. Enjoyed the entire trip, flight was uneventful. On the destination terminal, as I'm exiting, stepping onto the escalator, I hear this strong grinding sound. When I got off the escalator, I immediately noticed one of my heels is different, and recognized it the heel tip coming off. Awesome. I'm walking on the little metal thing in the middle of the tip, completely bent... I was sad. In between meetings I took it a nearby cobbler, he looked at it and told me $15 to fix, and he'll have to drill the tip out and replace it. 24h later, I had my boots back!

Later that trip I did go for a long ~2h walk downtown with those boots on. That was a lot of fun! Unfortunately the heel started to wobble a tiny bit by the time i got back to the hotel, so am not quite sure whether something else is wrong with the heels, or it's normal...

A few more flights over the last 6 months, but have been sort of alternating between wearing skirts, or heels, on the flight.

Did want to wear 4" pumps once, but at the last minute switched the outfit out for a skirt instead... Just wanted to relax and take it easy, so skirts it was. :)

• Like 5

Figured I should get in on the topic.

I finally did it!!!!  I wore something other then a skirt!!!!!!!!!!!

It was ok but just like the skirt choice better, maybe because it gets the looks and the conversations, sadly none on this flight.   Guess I like the attention!!!

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2857 (1).jpg

IMG_2894.PNG

IMG_2893.PNG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CAT said:

It was ok but just like the skirt choice better, maybe because it gets the looks and the conversations, sadly none on this flight.   Guess I like the attention!!!

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2857 (1).jpg

IMG_2894.PNG

IMG_2893.PNG

We all like some posititve reinforcement now and again for sure.  Perhaps no one said anything, but they noticed, and were impressed for sure.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 9:12 AM, pebblesf said:

We all like some posititve reinforcement now and again for sure.  Perhaps no one said anything, but they noticed, and were impressed for sure.  

During flying I've had a few people comment on how much they like my skirt, but never had a comment on the heels... My favourite was the security person, a young lady, commented how much she liked my skirt, but was sad that her mother doesn't allow her to wear something like it.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2022 at 4:34 PM, CAT said:

Great pair of masculine looking heels.  Thick heel, laces like a man's oxford shoe, thick sole.  I imagine those didn't get too much attention.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.